Project Management: The Complete Guide for Every Manager

Project Management: The Complete Guide for Every Manager

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  112 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Do you want to be a Certified Project Manager? This book combines operational and human skills into flexible, proactive framework. It focuses on the human element that is critical to project implementation and completion. It also provides an intuitive five-step approach for collecting the necessary information to plan, schedule, and control a project. Also features example...more
Published June 20th 2002 by McGraw-Hill Companies (first published September 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Project Management, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Project Management

Eric Herr
Dec 10, 2010 Eric Herr rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Aspiring Project Manager
This is the text for my current Masters course in Project Management. Written by an Oregon State University professor (Larson) and a professor emeritus from OSU (Gray). Good text with helpful information but the layout is bit dull. Another 5 weeks in the course so my impression may change.

I found this book to be an excellent reference throughout the course and while developing a plan for a project at work. A bit stiff but useful and acceptably readable.
Tom Armstrong
As far as text books go, this was an excellent one. Great examples, easy to read, a level of detail for almost any reader. If it weren't a text book (and thus inherently boring) it would probably get 5 stars.
Fran V
I expected a dry text, especially as this was a required class for an MA in Geographic Information Technology I was pursuing. Project management sounded like one of those tedious classes. But the book was pretty good, and informative, and I ended up really liking the class as well. The text made me want to consider continuing on in the field of project management someday. The accompanying CD and sofware was easy to use and an asset to the book and class.

Best of all, I found out Erik Larson is a...more
Ashutosh
This is the text book for the advanced course on Project management at GURU GOBIND SINGH INDRAPRASTHA UNIVERSITY, DELHI: MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (WE), Consultancy. The course has the following objective.

"Objectives: The objective of this course is to provide advanced understanding of various aspects of Project Management to the students to understand and apply these techniques to solve practical problems and become an effective Project Manager".

The theoretical text has been complimen...more
Brianna
Another text book to review. There's a lot about proejct management that focuses on the people involved, which makes sense to me. It doesn't matter what your process is, without the right people you won't be successful and your projects won't turn out the way you want.
Husain Haider
When I studied Software Engineering 2, I read this book. The book is clear with great examples and I keep this book with me. I use it when ever I need to participate in a project.
loafingcactus
Very clearly written book which proceeds stepwise through the concepts and examples, including earned value scenarios.
Tanya Hakala
Another basic overview of concepts, but this one was pretty good. I can see myself referring back to it again.
Sohail Khattak
Jun 08, 2010 Sohail Khattak is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
i learned how to manage the projects and different activities.
Waheeth
This book is amazing, the concept is well explained by problems
Jayaram
THIS BOOK IS NICE
Trellis Smith
Trellis Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Taraivosa
Taraivosa marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Pankaj Singh
Pankaj Singh marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Deepak
Deepak marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Sharmi
Sharmi added it
Aug 23, 2014
Marion Curet
Marion Curet marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Nizeyimana
Nizeyimana marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Patjane
Patjane marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Shankar Rajulapudi
Shankar Rajulapudi marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Julie-anne
Julie-anne marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Umme
Umme marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Riza Ampo
Riza Ampo marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Karrie Renfrow Barone
Karrie Renfrow Barone is currently reading it
Jul 29, 2014
  • The Heart of Change: Real-Life Stories of How People Change Their Organizations
  • Introduction to Information Retrieval
  • Management Challenges for the 21st Century
  • A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guides)
  • The Design of Business: Why Design Thinking is the Next Competitive Advantage
  • The Science of Influence: How to Get Anyone to Say Yes in 8 Minutes or Less!
  • Information Technology Project Management
  • A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (Pmbok Guide) - 5th Edition
  • Start Your Own Business: The Only Book You'll Ever Need
  • The Connected Company
  • The Meaning of Trees: Botany - History - Healing - Lore
  • The New Strategic Selling: The Unique Sales System Proven Successful by the World's Best Companies
  • Design Driven Innovation: Changing the Rules of Competition by Radically Innovating What Things Mean
  • Financial Management: Theory and Practice
  • Student Solutions Guide For Discrete Mathematics And Its Applications
  • Make It So: Interaction Design Lessons From Science Fiction
  • 1001 Ways to Reward Employees
  • Understanding Michael Porter: The Essential Guide to Competition and Strategy
Essentials of Project Management Project Management: The Managerial Process with Student CD and MS Project CD (McGraw-Hill/Irwin Series Operations and Decision Sciences) by Clifford F. Gray and Erik W. Larson Project Management: The Managerial Process Project Management: The Managerial Process