Start by marking “Project Management: The Complete Guide for Every Manager” as Want to Read:
Project Management: The Complete Guide for Every Manager

Project Management: The Complete Guide for Every Manager

Do you want to be a Certified Project Manager? This book combines operational and human skills into flexible, proactive framework. It focuses on the human element that is critical to project implementation and completion. It also provides an intuitive five-step approach for collecting the necessary information to plan, schedule, and control a project. Also features example ...more
Published June 20th 2002 by McGraw-Hill Companies (first published September 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Project Management, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Project Management

Eric Herr
Dec 10, 2010 Eric Herr rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Aspiring Project Manager
This is the text for my current Masters course in Project Management. Written by an Oregon State University professor (Larson) and a professor emeritus from OSU (Gray). Good text with helpful information but the layout is bit dull. Another 5 weeks in the course so my impression may change.

I found this book to be an excellent reference throughout the course and while developing a plan for a project at work. A bit stiff but useful and acceptably readable.
Tom Armstrong
Apr 30, 2011 Tom Armstrong rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As far as text books go, this was an excellent one. Great examples, easy to read, a level of detail for almost any reader. If it weren't a text book (and thus inherently boring) it would probably get 5 stars.
May 22, 2014 Ashutosh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: readagain
This is the text book for the advanced course on Project management at GURU GOBIND SINGH INDRAPRASTHA UNIVERSITY, DELHI: MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (WE), Consultancy. The course has the following objective.

"Objectives: The objective of this course is to provide advanced understanding of various aspects of Project Management to the students to understand and apply these techniques to solve practical problems and become an effective Project Manager".

The theoretical text has been complimen
I expected a dry text, especially as this was a required class for an MA in Geographic Information Technology I was pursuing. Project management sounded like one of those tedious classes. But the book was pretty good, and informative, and I ended up really liking the class as well. The text made me want to consider continuing on in the field of project management someday. The accompanying CD and sofware was easy to use and an asset to the book and class.

Best of all, I found out Erik Larson is a
Another text book to review. There's a lot about proejct management that focuses on the people involved, which makes sense to me. It doesn't matter what your process is, without the right people you won't be successful and your projects won't turn out the way you want.
Tanya Hakala
Nov 27, 2011 Tanya Hakala rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another basic overview of concepts, but this one was pretty good. I can see myself referring back to it again.
Husain Haider
Aug 02, 2013 Husain Haider rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I studied Software Engineering 2, I read this book. The book is clear with great examples and I keep this book with me. I use it when ever I need to participate in a project.
Very clearly written book which proceeds stepwise through the concepts and examples, including earned value scenarios.
Todd rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2013
Madhavi Garde
Madhavi Garde rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2015
Marek rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2014
Haritha rated it did not like it
Oct 22, 2013
Dan Hopkins
Dan Hopkins rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2012
Kirby Flake
Kirby Flake rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2016
Tat Dat
Tat Dat rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2012
Michael rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2011
VENKATRAMAN C K rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2012
Wesley J Hausmann
Wesley J Hausmann rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2015
Saad Pasha
Saad Pasha rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Michael G King
Michael G King rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Heather rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2009
Jamesn903 rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2015
Kevin rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2013
Nick Wendel
Nick Wendel rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Jehangir Khan
Jehangir Khan rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
Caroline Ann Martin
Caroline Ann Martin rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
margo rated it did not like it
Jul 20, 2015
Mykhaylo rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2011
Jack rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2011
Danielle rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Introduction to Information Retrieval
  • Idea Mapping: How to Access Your Hidden Brain Power, Learn Faster, Remember More, and Achieve Success in Business
  • GIS Tutorial 1: Basic Workbook
  • Pmp: Project Management Professional: Study Guide
  • 1001 Ways to Reward Employees
  • Complete MBA For Dummies
  • Research Methods for Business Students
  • The Heart of Change: Real-Life Stories of How People Change Their Organizations
  • Guide to Economic Indicators: Making Sense of Economics
  • Project Management: Achieving Competitive Advantage
  • The Loyalty Effect: The Hidden Force Behind Growth, Profits, and Lasting Value

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »