Start by marking “The Duke's Redemption” as Want to Read:
The Duke's Redemption

The Duke's Redemption

Drake Amberly, Duke of Hawk Haven, came to the colonies for revenge-to unmask the spy who killed his brother. Yet he find himself distracted from his mission by the beautiful and spirited Elise Cooper. But as Drake's pursuit of "The Fox" brings him dangerously close to Elise's secrets, she must prove to him that love and forgiveness are all they need.
Published January 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill (first published December 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Duke's Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Duke's Redemption

Margaret Chind
Nov 21, 2009 Margaret Chind rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: historical romance fans (Americas)
Recommended to Margaret by: Carla Capshaw
I dare say that I could quite feel my heart beating out of my chest at times through out this adventure. The revolutionary war era is my favorite historical time period and I hardly find a novel entwined in that time that I enjoy, but that was not the case with this novel. I very much so enjoyed the experience of reading into the lives of Duke Drake Amberly and his true love, the espionage Fox for the Patriots Elise Cooper.

The things that one would do to save the life of her sister meet with th
Sep 22, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Yea! Loved Carla Capshaw's second book. Totally fell in love with the Duke myself! Amberly is a dark, brooding man who has been hurt in the past by women and his brother's murder. His quest for revenge of his brother's murder seems to overtake him. Little does he know that when he meets the woman of his dreams, she would have a secret that might affect him. Elise is a spy for the Patriots, but only because she must protect her sister. Her spunk and intelligence is what draws her to the Duke, but ...more
Margaret Metz
Feb 15, 2010 Margaret Metz rated it really liked it
Great cover with very attractive hero - check.
Action, and adventure - check.
Great characters - check.

lol I really loved this book from beginning to end. It was a lot like eating a dish of chocolate. A yummy escape from reality. I looked forward to getting it and I'm really glad I did. It was a fun book with some edge of your seat moments and a touching love story.
Sandie Mixa
Jan 31, 2010 Sandie Mixa rated it it was amazing
Way to go, Carla! Action, intrigue, romance, history! Couldn't put it down. Sure hope you're writing your next one.
Judy
Aug 08, 2011 Judy rated it it was amazing
The Duke's Redemption by Carla Capshaw ISBN-978-0-373-82828-9

Carla Capshaw will capture you and bring you into a different era. Whether it be Rome or Regency it will be an experience in history. This book takes place around 1780. You will experience the tenseness of being caught a traitor to the crown or to be a slave with no rights. Living a clandestine lifestyle for the hope of freedom.

Drake Amberly is the the Duke of Hawk Haven. When he finds his brother Anthony has been murdered his anger tu
Vanessa
Jan 11, 2010 Vanessa rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, goodreads-won
I won this on a Goodreads first read. I am a fan of historic romance and this was so cute! At first I thought that it wouldn't be exactly to my taste but was pleasantly surprised.

The story itself was interesting. Elise is a spy for colonial America in the middle of the war for independence. She claims a slave for a sister, which doesn't sit well with others at the time, and doesn't have much other family that she wants to associate with.

Drake is a Duke of Hawk manor in England and is a loyal pa
Barbara
This is an action-packed historical romance/adventure set during the American Revolution. Carla Capshaw has a way of grabbing your attention with the first page and keeping it until the very last one; there is never a dull moment. The main characters deal with discovering what true faith, trust, honesty, and loyalty are, and must often make life-altering decisions about where their loyalties lie. This book is a "must read", especially for anyone who likes historical fiction and/ or Christian fic ...more
Melody
Jan 13, 2010 Melody rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, I LOVED this book! Had all the elements I just adore, believable characters, intrigue, romance, and my favorite time period in history! I could feel the varying range of emotions, and this book sucked me in from page one. Okay, from the cover. I have often admitted to judging a book by the cover, so the title alone was enough for me to want to read it. Let alone the tagline of which is stronger love or vengeance? Ahhh...
I read the authors note of taking 8 years to complete her g
Patrizia
Sep 03, 2016 Patrizia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stelle piene.
Era da tanto che non leggevo uno storico, ma quando ho visto questo non ho potuto resistere. Un romance ambientato durante la rivoluzione americana, uno dei miei periodi preferiti, è una merce assai rara.
Non sono rimasta delusa. Un duca inglese e una patriota americana: solo questo è sintomo di suspence e, infatti, non c'è quasi un momento di pace, c'è sempre un'aura di pericolo dietro l'angolo. Ora mi è presa una voglia di leggere altro, ma non trovo nulla di così appetitoso...
Ausjenny
Feb 10, 2010 Ausjenny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
Oh I loved this book its full of drama and keeps you on your toes wondering what next. It is so different from Carla's first book but has the same style of writing. I love the secondary characters too they really make this story. Its set during the war of independence with Drake English and Elise a spy for the rebels. I was really interested to see how Carla would handle this situation and several in the story. I am happy to say she didn't go the easy answer but actually weaved a creditable stor ...more
Kristin
Jan 11, 2010 Kristin rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The Duke's Redemption was an intriguing book about a duke falling in love with a colonial girl. They both have secrets that could ruin their relationship. I was interested to see if and how they would get past the major obstacles in their relationship.

The end did throw me for a loop for a few minutes. I had to check to see how many pages were left and if she could really end the book that way. It was a fun read.
NovelReaction
Jul 05, 2010 NovelReaction rated it really liked it
When Drake Amberly sets sail for the colonies to track down the spy who murdered his brother, he never imagined falling in love with that spy. The Duke’s Redemption by Carla Capshaw, set during the final days of the American Revolution is about Drake Amberly, Duke of Hawk Haven. A man determined to track down the spy who killed his brother whatever the cost. Following a lead to Brixton Hall, Drake meets Elise, a woman who is more than she appears. Intrigued by her pretending to be air headed, Dr ...more
Marlene
Jul 31, 2010 Marlene rated it really liked it
I would actually give this book 3.5.

THE DUKE'S REDEMPTION is an inspirational romance between a man, who has lost his faith, and a woman, who clings to faith to keep herself going. Elsie is a strong woman, who has overcome abuse and seeks to protect her sister. Unfortunately, Elsie doesn't act in a spy-like manner a couple of times, which seemed a little out of character. However, the person, who is pulling her strings knows all the right buttons to push, so her behavior is understandable. Drake
Deanna
Jul 14, 2012 Deanna rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! I won this book in a give-away and I'm so glad I did!! The characters were well written and I instantly cared about what happened to them. The heroine, Elise, is a strong, kind and caring heroine. Drake is dark, brooding and handsome to boot, with an aura of danger. My favorite kind of hero! I love a hero that oozes masculinity! The book is very well written and I was riveted to my spot on the sofa as I read...especially the last half of the book! Carla Capshaw is ...more
Highland-dreamer
I really like how this story unfolded. It was also nice (for once!) to have the story continue on post-marriage. So many of the books end at the marriage, or proposal, but this one had much more to tell, with a lovely epilogue. (I LOVE epilogues!!) I have enjoyed the 2 books I've read by this author so far, and look forward to more.
Katie
Jul 03, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Duke's Redemption is, without a doubt, my favorite Love Inspired book I've ever read!! :-D From beginning to end, it was wonderful--the writing, the characters, the plot. The romance moved a bit quick, but the author handled it all very well! Will be reading LOTS more by this author in the future. :-)
Melissa
Mar 13, 2010 Melissa rated it liked it
This was a nice easy read with historical background.

"He came to the colonies for one reason: revenge. Drake Amberly, Duke of Hawk Haven, won't leave South Carolina until he's unmasked the colonial spy who killed his brother. Yet the more he sees of spirited Elise Cooper, the more he's moved by the happiness she brings him...never suspecting the dangerous secret she hides."
MLOW
Jan 20, 2014 MLOW rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
An enjoyable, light, romantic read. I was interested to see how the author would unravel the secrets while still having our H and h end up together and happily in love - she managed it without stretching plausibility too much though perhaps a tad. But I enjoyed the book too much to mind :)
Tracie
Nov 03, 2012 Tracie rated it really liked it
4.5 stars, very good just a wee bit slow for me in the middle. Story of love, loss and faith. TONS of depth! Loved the hero Drake =) and brave Elise. I love Carla Capshaw's books, seriously romantic with strong hero's and heroine's that turn to God for strength!
Pat
Mar 29, 2012 Pat rated it really liked it
Well written with intrigue, suspense, and romance but no overt sensuality.
Candace
struggling to get in to this book. Her others are much easier to go for like the gladiator, the champion, and the protector.
Jessica
Sep 20, 2011 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a wonderful book
Terri
Sep 23, 2009 Terri rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story to read. I enjoy it
Claudia Rosa
Apr 09, 2012 Claudia Rosa rated it it was amazing
Excellent Romance!
Ashley
Apr 24, 2010 Ashley rated it it was amazing
It was a fun read I had a hard time putting down.

*Full review TBW*
Emily
Jan 08, 2013 Emily rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, romance
It was cute. I can't resist a book involving a masked vigilante!
Karen Cox
Jan 28, 2010 Karen Cox rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010-books-read
I liked the time setting of the book and the use of a female as a spy in the Revolutionary War. I also enjoyed the love between the two half-sisters.
Ann
Nov 19, 2009 Ann rated it really liked it
Great story of love, forgiveness, a quick read and great message.
Dottiedgolf
Dottiedgolf rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2014
Esther
Esther rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 03, 2015 06:24PM
Love Inspired His...: Happy 4th of July - Free read! 4 13 Jul 01, 2012 04:49AM
  • Dangerous Allies (WWII, #1)
  • A Convenient Wife
  • Her Patchwork Family (Gabriel Sisters, #2)
  • The Substitute Bride
  • Engaging the Earl
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #1)
  • Mail Order Cowboy (Brides of Simpson Creek, #1)
  • The Preacher's Wife
  • The Captain's Lady
  • Soaring Home
  • Unlawfully Wedded Bride
  • Love on the Range
  • An Honorable Gentleman
  • The Reluctant Outlaw (Smoky Mountain Matches, #1)
  • The Earl's Mistaken Bride (The Parson's Daughters, #1)
  • Second Chance Family
  • Spring Creek Bride
  • Kansas Courtship (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #3)
Carla Capshaw is a Florida native who grew up dreaming of traveling the world and writing novels.

After visiting numerous countries, Carla began writing novels in earnest and eventually won two Golden Heart awards as well as a double Rita nomination for her first novel, The Gladiator. Carla loves passionate stories with compelling, nearly impossible conflicts. She's found Inspirational Romance is
More about Carla Capshaw...