Start by marking “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Audiobook on 3 CDs” as Want to Read:
The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Audiobook on 3 CDs

The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Audiobook on 3 CDs

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  20,310 ratings  ·  480 reviews
What would happen if a top expert with more than thirty years of leadership experience were willing to distill everything he had learned about leadership into a handful of life-changing principles just for you? It would change your life.

John C. Maxwell has done exactly that in The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership Audio CD. He has combined insights learned from his thirty-
Audio CD, Abridged, 180 pages
Published January 22nd 2004 by Thomas Nelson (first published September 18th 1998)

Bernard Fruga
Here they are, all the 21 from Maxwell’s book:
1. The Law of the Lid: Leadership Ability Determines a Person’s Level of Effectiveness.
2. The Law of Influence: The True Measure of Leadership Is Influence—Nothing More, Nothing Less.
3. The Law of Process: Leadership Develops Daily, Not in a Day.
4. The Law of Navigation: Anyone Can Steer the Ship, but It Takes a Leader the Chart the Course.
5. The Law of Addition: Leaders Add Value by Serving Others.
6. The Law of Solid Ground: Trust Is the Foundation
Alex Duncan
As a leader, or if you aspire to be one this book is a must read. Here's what's inside:

I. The Law Of the Lid:

VI. The Law of Solid Ground:

VII. The Law of Respect:

VIII. The Law of Intuition:

IX. The Law of Magnetism:

X. The Law of Connection: Leaders touch a heart before they ask for a hand.

XI. The Law of the Inner Circle: A leader’s potential is determined by those closest to him

XII. The Law o
Karina
This is a book all leaders, born or made, should read. Maxwell’s leadership laws are succinct and highly useful. He supports the laws with real business stories and leadership anecdotes, then he shows you how to apply these laws (each chapter ends with practical strategies and activities to help you reflect and grow your leadership abilities). Honestly, I couldn’t stop reading. It’s one of the few digestible and practical leadership books available. Another great book, Leadership 2.0, does this ...more
Khalid Almoghrabi
لا تنسى اصطحاب الناس معك ليصبحوا قادة الغد..
جولة بديعة مع فن القيادة.. فن التأثير والعمل والخلود..
كتاب بديع وانصحك بقراءته ولو لم تكن بوظيفة قيادية
Rachel
It was ok. Again I read this book because it is a business book and was recommended by this work thing I was doing. The category it notes next to the barcode is business/religion- not exactly what you want to see on a business book. There were lots of references to church and organized church that kind of threw me off from the interesting stories that really took up most of the book. The stories in the book are related to mostly historical references of other businesses- short stories and for th ...more
Tony
If you ask 10 people to recommend five books on leadership, one of John Maxwell’s books will be on every list. Of those books, most people cite “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership” as his best work. It’s certainly his most well known.

Concise, Maxwell dictates the 21 laws a leader must follow to get others to follow the leader. Using numerous examples drawn from a variety of people from Mother Teresa to the founders of McDonalds, Maxwell show how people have either used the laws successfully
Wendy Welch
Hey, it's good work if you can get it, writing self-help books for the Christian market. This one explains carefully things like how important it is to listen. And it chooses the cutest little examples - like how the McDonald's founders were nice guys and good salespeople but they really didn't have a leadership perspective so the restaurant never got going until this Ray guy came along....

He left out the part about the invention that freeze dried potatoes. In fact, any time anything might have
treehugger
Ugh. I think there were important lessons in this book, but they were obfuscated by Maxwell's "horn tooting" and "back slapping". Wow, this man LOVES himself, and he thinks he has the most impressive history of EVER.

I DID love his descriptions of Harriet Tubman as a female leader, and even Mother Teresa. Shortly after these examples though, he lost me. I had to quit reading when he talked (AT LENGTH) about how his wife leads in the home. She EXCELS at making sure his clothes match, and at decora
Clifton Miles
As a leader who has read this book several times, I take offense to some of the poor reviews listed. Reading the reviews, it's easy to see that those who didn't enjoy it lack the ability to comprehend the enormity of the information they were given. This book will change your life, it is considered by the greatest leaders in the world to be THE premier book on leadership. To some of the individuals who didn't like the book, I will offer this word of advice: It is hard to learn something new, whe ...more
Andrew romany
John C. Maxwell's book is enlightening and fresh. He has given me an entirely new perspective on leadership. Although I am not currently in a position to lead, he has inspired me to do so. He uses encouraging and inspiring language that is easy to read and hard to put down. He is very blunt and presents the material in a very "common-sense" way.
Maxwell really focuses on what is important. Each chapter outlines one of the 21 laws. He discusses the importance of earning your employee's trust, havi
Robert
Aug 05, 2012 Robert rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lillian Anderson
I attended a DEC meeting at Toastmasters recently. A friend of mine discussed this book during the meeting. I liked what she said. At this point all I can say is that I enjoyed how I felt about what she said as I do not recall exactly the point she made. That is a theory I have been testing lately; we rarely can describe the content of what was said but merely react to the how what was said made us feel. This is very much the case in this regard.

Anyhow, I checked this out of our public library.
Omar Halabieh
As the title indicates, John presents in this book 21 fundamental laws of leadership. The laws are prefaced by four core concepts:

"1) The laws can be learned

2) The laws can stand alone

3) The laws carry consequences with them

4) These laws are the foundation of leadership"

The author then goes on to present the 21 laws, in greater detail filled with examples from both his personal experience and experiences of other great leaders. The laws are summarized below:

"1- The law of the lid: leadership abi
Ivan
In this book John Maxwell attempts to present what he deems to be twenty-one irrefutable laws of leadership. In many ways they are irrefutable since they are based on common sense and experience. What Maxwell has done is clearly articulate what leadership is all about. “The true measure of leadership,” writes Maxwell, “is influence—and nothing more, nothing less” (16).

Maxwell uniquely contributes to the genre of leadership literature by importing much of the Christian worldview. Although there
Douglas Wilson
Despite everything, this book was quite good. Maxwell is capable of leaning into the cliches, and he points to some leaders who were painfully incompetent, but who are lauded generally for other reasons, but setting all that aside, the principles outlined in this book were very, very good.
Adam Hinckley
This book takes a different angle than most leadership books. Instead of telling you want you need to do to be successful, John C Maxwell tells stories of where known leaders such as Henry Ford screwed up. In theses specific stories the author tells about the law that was violated, and how much more successful they would have been if they knew these laws like the back of their hand.
Yvette
This book was fine. It provides a lot of common sense ideas that warrant repeating. Although Maxwell provides many great examples to illustrate his 21 laws, he uses way too many sports examples. If you're not a sports fan (and I'm not), all of the sports illustrations are completely irrelevant. I couldn't care less.
Leslie ellis
---fyi: many of my xmas gifts to friends in similar industries are derivatives of this book-- "Leadership 101" and "Ethics 101." They are smaller, quick pick-me-up reads by the same author based from this book.

Maxwell is by far my favorite business forward authors ever! If I was approached with the question "Who would you love to spend a day with to further your business potential," it would definitely be him.

This book comes complete with self assessments. There are even online tests that accomp
Ivan Garcia
This book reveals the 21 principles to guide you to become a better leader in your organization; it has 21 chapters and each one of them talks about specific rules of leadership, I personally think it's very important to be a good leader in any aspect of your life; it can be in school, your job, your profession, etc.

I think this book can be very helpful for anybody who not only wants to be a great leader in their organization or profession but it can be very productive to anybody who wants to im
Janet G
For years this book sat on my shelf. 21 Laws? Too many to read in one book. Finally, I broke it down to reading one a day. Easy, short, informative and motivating chapters full of history's true leaders, their successes and sometimes their foibles. I got what I wanted out of this book…what I expected and more. Now, I need to go forth and implement it. One of my favorite quotes I read was from the final irrefutable law, The Law of Legacy, from Truett Cathy, founder of Chick-fil-A. He passed away ...more
Chris Mclain
It was not a bad book, but I was not incredibly impressed. Though I have not experienced all of these "laws" I would say that all of them are likely true. However, I was somewhat disappointed because much of it was simple common sense. Add to that the overconfident, almost self-righteous, attitude of the author, as well as a plug for his seminars every few pages, and one comes out with a feeling that the author is as interested in advancing his career as he is improving your leadership performan ...more
Javatis Midget
I think everyone should read this book. This book gives great insight on what it takes to be a “real” leader. One of my favorite quotes from the book came from Norman Vincent Peale; he states, “Nothing is more confusing than people who give good advice but set a bad example.” All I can say is WOW. To add to this quote, John Maxwell stated, “Nothing is more convincing than people who give good advice and set a good example". The first thing we have to do if we want to lead others is walk the walk ...more
John
My boss made me read this. I didn't enjoy it. That said, there are some points in there, though when writing my notes I had to rephrase them to be less "profound aphorism" (hint, they weren't profound) into practical, workable pointers.

The chapters on a group's leader's leadership capabilities putting a "lid" on the group output, the importance of group momentum and how to develop/steer it, and on people following leaders then vision (not the other way around) were the best.
Jay Goff
As a former senior military leadership instructor for the US Army, and have held several leadership positions, this is a must have! Had I read this book in my previous years, I would have been an even greater leader for the pepole under my authority. Everyone should read this, regardless of your level of authority, or no authourity for a better understanding of what a leader must be, know, and do.
Thanks JM for your inspiring ability to show the rest of us how to lead.
Herbert
I've been on a mini-binge of reading self-help books lately and my reaction to all of them is pretty much the same: "It was okay I guess. Some important reminders for improving my life, but nothing more than a little common sense." So I give them three stars and move on without comment.

Maxwell's book deserves some comment though because it is so silly and perhaps I could save you a little bit of time. There is absolutely nothing new here and in fact there may be no greater master of the blinding
Sean Hopersberger
Incredible read, even for the developing leader

I received a recommendation to read this book from a close friend and elder of my church. I didn't know what to expect, seeing that I don't see myself as much of a leader. Although I have recognized the importance of leadership throughout life, I hadn't realized how necessary and how important it is for all of us to develop the leader within to achieve not only our personal goals, but the mission for which Jesus was sent to the earth: to save that w
Richard Kuhn
Being a reader of the motivational/inspiration genre, I'm finding it much more enjoyable and useful to get the foundation books that are mentioned in most all works of the genre and getting to know them in much more depth. Maxwell's THE 21 IRREFUTABLE LAWS OF LEADERSHIP is most definitely one of the genre's most referenced volumes. Without a doubt, it should be.

This book is easy to read, and it's principles just as easy to understand. The examples for each are simple and relevant to the subject.
Steve Robbins
I read this book over 10 years ago and didn't really like it. It seems a little too extreme and even a bit intimidating. Now after a little more life experience I can completely see the value and truth of these laws. Whether we like it or not these principles are in play in every area of our lives. Great book and one that I will read again.
Liam
Less proactive than Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People, the 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership deal more with things that commonly cause downfalls rather than things that cause success. For that reason it's more difficult to apply, but I'm sure I'll find a way.
Chris
John Maxwell does a great job of communicating clearly. This was a must read for anyone looking to become a better leader. Some of the laws will seem simple, but others will help you learn for sure. Each chapter includes several stories to illustrate the point and make it an easier read.
Daniel Clark
This book gives an excellent overview of leadership; it doesn't develop any specific idea, but lays the groundwork/framework from which you can build.
  • Courageous Leadership
  • Next Generation Leader: 5 Essentials for Those Who Will Shape the Future
  • Principle Centered Leadership
  • The Legend of the Monk and the Merchant: Principles for Successful Living
  • The Go-Getter (a Story That Tells You How to Be One)
  • Launching a Leadership Revolution: Mastering the Five Levels of Influence
  • You Don't Need a Title to Be a Leader: How Anyone, Anywhere, Can Make a Positive Difference
  • QBQ! The Question Behind the Question: Practicing Personal Accountability at Work and in Life
  • Wooden on Leadership: How to Create a Winning Organizaion
  • Lincoln on Leadership: Executive Strategies for Tough Times
  • Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box
  • Gung Ho!
  • Integrity: The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality
  • Now, Discover Your Strengths
  • What Got You Here Won't Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful
  • Death by Meeting: A Leadership Fable...about Solving the Most Painful Problem in Business
  • The Leadership Challenge
  • EntreLeadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches
John C. Maxwell is an internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold over 16 million books. His organizations have trained more than 2 million leaders worldwide. Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP and INJOY Stewardship Services. Every year he speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and audiences as diverse as the United States Military Ac ...more
More about John C. Maxwell...
Developing the Leader Within You Winning with People Failing Forward: How to Make the Most of Your Mistakes The 360 Degree Leader: Developing Your Influence from Anywhere in the Organization Becoming a Person of Influence

“People dont care what you know until they know what you care” 7 likes
“You can't move people to action unless you first move them with emotion.... The heart comes before the head.” 3 likes