Izobel Brannigan. Com

Izobel Brannigan. Com

2.82 of 5 stars 2.82  ·  rating details  ·  159 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Izobel Brannigan's life changes forever the day she 'googles' herself at work and finds a website dedicated to her life. But is the website someone's idea of a high tech love letter or something more sinister?
Unknown Binding, 320 pages
Published September 2nd 2004 by Not Avail (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Izobel Brannigan. Com, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Izobel Brannigan. Com

Amber
I am sorry to say that this book was a major disappointment. Izobel Brannigan was an extremely irritating character who could never be happy with her life or her choices. In the end she does change that but only after an incredibly boring journey. The book was not at all what I expected from the back’s synopsis where I was looking forward to reading a book about someone discovering a website about them selves and in their journey to discover the creator, ended up falling for them. Not some borin...more
Jenine
Jun 29, 2013 Jenine rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: fiction, fluff
This was a total fluff novel. I knew it would be when I picked it up, so it served that purpose well.
The characters were very undeveloped with single personality traits and there were several typos that I found very distracting. The story line was fairly obvious from the start.
If you're looking for something to kill some time with on a flight or beach, this might fill the need, but you'd be better off looking for something else instead.
Sana Noor
DeAnna
I picked this novel up in the middle of July, when I was looking for a lighthearted, fun summer read. I was expecting the literary equivalent of cotton candy -- I thought that was what I wanted -- but "Cyber Cinderella" delivered much more. The romance is sprinkled with lots of humor and frustrated career girl angst, so it shares some qualities with traditional chick-lit. But there's also a mystery here, and some intense relationship dilemmas that take the reader on a deeper journey. I thought I...more
Alison Vanderwerf
Aug 20, 2007 Alison Vanderwerf rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: To anyone
I learned not to trust alot people and not to put your poersonal information online becuase other people can use it aginst you and tell other people about things that you do not want other to know about you and they can use you to better them slef but other than that i learned that lvoe is not perfect and its not all a fairy tail so take what you can get or dont love at all and when you find that someone dont leave him or her because your friends dont like him or her its you who is in love not t...more
Nydia
The only reason I'm giving this book two stars is because the storyline had potential. The main character is self-centered, even when her pregnant friend is having a breakdown, and when at her maternity leave party. I also would have wanted the stalker person to be someone else to add a little more wow factor to the ending. Needless to say, I was disappointed!
Sandy
VERY hard to get into this book - decided to give it 100 pages and at 120 I felt like I should just finish it to see how it ends. It was ok - somewhat hard to follow and the storyline was sometimes repetitive. Glad I had read a previous stating that it was difficult to get into but did get better or I never would have gone back after 50 pages.
Tammy S. Weibel
I only read about 4 chapters of this. It's not a terrible book, it's just a goofy chick lit book and it's not engaging or humorous enough to merit my time. I have a big gigantic que of "to-read" books so I'm moving on. Speak now or forever hold your peace if you want this book. Otherwise it's going to be taken to the second hand book shop.
Erika
It was a cute modern take on Cinderella, with the step-sisters being replaced by a crappy boyfriend and a dead-end job, but it was written while the internet was still taking off and since it's so dependent on the net, dates itself badly. Also, if I want to read a whiny, self-centered British heroine, I'd rather read Sophie Kinsella
Alyssa Dobens
I didn't really like this book. I thought it was very confusing and put it down and restarted it multiple times before finishing. A lot of parts were confusing and although I liked the storyline, I didn't like how it was written. I wouldn't reccomend this book if people asked for reccomendations.
Andrea
I LOVED this book. Such a funny romance in the midst of the cyber world. Very funny and poignant to my generation of women, the gen x-ers. Also I wrote this author a fan letter and believe it or not, she responded. Her writing is very Bridget Jonesish.
Missy
Only could get to the end of chapter1. I hate to not finish a book but I just couldn't go any further. For whatever reason it just didn't appeal to me. Maybe at a later date I will try it again. I am just glad I borrowed it from the library and didn't buy it.
Erin
I really loved this book. Unlike some chic-lit it was very believable to me. I thought the characters were really well developed and true to life. Plus, there was just enough steaminess to be enjoyable, but not disgusting.
Donna Lyn
What if you googled yourself and found a website devoted to you? This book would make a cute movie - I kept imagining Amy Adams as the main character. I really liked it.
Rebecca
This is very slow going and the main character is a bit whiny. I'm not sure i'm gonna be able to finish it. It just isn't going anywhere even though the plot seemed interesting.
Felicia
I thought this book was very slow to start out with. I'm glad I stayed with it though, because it turned out to be a very humorous happy read!
3/5 because of the slow beginning.
Meghan Rose
Standard Brit-Chick-Lit. Nothing surprising and the ``mystery" is easily solvable by around page twenty. It's a mindless read, but that's all it promises.
Erin
This book was cute but it was written in 2004 so the computer talk was a bit outdated and made the plot unbelievable. But the storyline was good.
Erika
Oops! I feared this book was British and that was the case. I gave up on page 12.
Misty
I totally couldn't put this book down! Christina Hopkins writes a great story!
Edna
Funny and witty in that British way and got me saying 'Piss off'.
Terise
Chicklit of the Bridgit Jones variety. Quick, fun.
Adeliyn
Chick lit. Don't use brains when reading.
Jessica Fales
Sep 04, 2007 Jessica Fales added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People
I learned not to trust any one and a lot more.
Dawn
Easy and enjoyable read.
Danielle
Fantastic read. :)
Rebecca Pettinato
Rebecca Pettinato marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay is currently reading it
Aug 06, 2014
The website in the book is real?? 1 11 Aug 20, 2007 09:54AM
The Pile of Stuff at the Bottom of the Stairs Just Like Proper Grown-Ups The Usborne History of the Twentieth Century The A-List Family