Start by marking “Return to Cherokee” as Want to Read:
Return to Cherokee
Read eBook

Return to Cherokee (Cherokee, Arkansas #2)

2.43 of 5 stars 2.43  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Five years after Al Madison is killed, Sheriff Duke zeroes in on the town s killers until Mad King Ludwig, Rolf Wolf and his long-time lover Viktoriya finally clash.
Published June 19th 2009 by SynergEbooks (first published June 10th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Return to Cherokee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Cherokee

Wendy
I won this book in a give-a-way and was very excited to start reading. The book is mostly conversations between charactors. Those conversations are dull and they tend to be very similar to the next intercourse. The best descriptions of charactors are Ludwig, Rolf, and Viktorya (though she is only in the second half of the book) - oh and THE MOLE guy. There were many other charactors that I didn't get a good mental image of . Having a woman called "pretty" while flirting does not tell me much. I ...more
Heidi
I'm not sure where to start. If I could I would give this book a 1\2 star.
I feel that I am well read and I would know a well written book vs a poorly written book.
I will start with giving Harvey Mendez credit for writing a book and giving it away to be read, reviewed and criticized by complete strangers.
The Pros: I need to find Cherokee AK because everyone is beautiful in that town.
The Cons: There are way too many characters and they are all one dimensional.
I couldn't seem to identify with on
Tobyann Aparisi
Mar 21, 2011 Tobyann Aparisi rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Tobyann by: first reads
First off Thank you so much for selecting me for the first reads give away! I had such High hopes for This book. It sounded pretty good in the description. However, it really was not as good as I wished. It just seemed like everyone was jumping in bed with each other and the conversations between the characters was dry and blah. I wanted more description of the monsters and why they were there. I wanted more descriptions of the characters, the town, etc. I really wanted to be scared and entrance ...more
Jody
I didn't care for this book. Maybe I would have liked it better if I had read The Cherokee Murders. The book seemed to leap from character to character without always having connections. A few times I was wondering why some of the characters were even mentioned at all.

There were tons of sex scenes that were not well written; they seemed bland and the conversations were all alike. The passion just wasn't there.

There was a lot of violent, loony people in this book that you couldn't relate to; suc
Kris 光智栄琉's母
I found this book entertaining. I haven't read many of the vampire/werewolf books that are out there, so this storyline was fresh and new for me. The book gives the reader a look into the lives of some atypical and some dysfunctional characters in their small town. I haven't read the first book, but I felt there was enough background provided with regards to those in this book. There are quite a few people within the community and most of them have their own storylines. I agree with other revie ...more
A
I found this to be more of a screenplay than a novel. The dialogue does a better job at framing the plot than the scene descriptions which leaves the reader in a kind of fast-forwarded, no-flow character interaction.

The overall concept of the novel holds promise, but the writing is not descriptive enough to carry it. I can see how, on film, the story would hold a lot more interest. Since the visual is lacking in the book, there is no setting.

Because there was little description, the dialogue wa
Tracy
I won this book on a Goodreads give away. I'm really glad it wasn't something I purchased because unfortunately, I never finished it. I just couldn't. I tried several times but the writing is just so bad I couldn't get into the story. It was like reading a grade school Dick and Jane book. I actually found myself "grading" the errors in the writing more than following the storyline. In addition to that, there were way too many characters introduced but none of them were fleshed out. I didn't unde ...more
Ken J.
I have to say I was intrigued by the book's description and was delightedd to get a copy, but I found it difficult to keep reading. While Mendez does a fair job at setting things up and getting them moving, I found the characters flat and stereotypic. A lot of the description was meant to elicit a very specific response. The book may yet find its audience, particularly for those who don't mind a quick read, but I found it too easy to put down and too hard to pick back up again.
Linda Munro
This is not the type of book I would normally read; I abhor vampires and warewolves. This was also not a 'who dunnit' book. It was a 'busy' book about small town USA. It reminded me a great deal of the old Peyton Place television series; everyone was secreting a relationship with everyone else in town. The only thing that really ticked me off about this book was all the references to what had occurred in Cherokee 5 years prior, which means that I now have to find the original book!
Debbie Roberts
I believe Harvey Mendez made a valiant effort with this book, but I just couldn't get into it. I love books with a lot of descriptive passages and Return to Cherokee, IMO, has entirely too much dialogue. This made it difficult for me to visually connect with the story, which is essential for me to thoroughly enjoy what I'm reading.

My notes before starting Return to Cherokee:
Just found out I'm a Goodreads winners of "Return to Cherokee."
Ishanie
I won this selection through goodreads giveaways! I will update my review upon receipt! Thanks goodreads!!! :)

**UPDATE**

I wish I could say that I'd love this selection if perhaps I read the first one, but I'm not so sure. It just wasn't my kind of book but it got 2 stars b/c I believe I may be judging it unfairly by giving it 1.
Jeffrey
Feb 07, 2011 Jeffrey marked it as to-read
I won this from Goodreads First Reads. Looking forward to reading it now that I received it. Thanks.
Julie
Feb 12, 2011 Julie rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one
Shelves: couldnt-finish
I won this book from a goodreads giveaway. It was really hard to get into, I couldn't even finish it.
Jtp
My 1st Goodreads winner. Nice quick read. Lots of characters, not much of a plot.
Rena
Mar 11, 2011 Rena marked it as to-read
I won this book from First Reads Giveaway. Waiting to read it. Thanks.
Cristyn
Feb 04, 2011 Cristyn marked it as to-read
Won this on Good Reads giveaway...can't wait to review it! Thanks!
Marlene Dawson
I did not enjoy reading this book.
Tony Duncan
Great pass time book
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Marvin Brow
Marvin Brow marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Jana
Jana marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Celinda
Celinda marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2011
Jazmine Armstrong
Jazmine Armstrong marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Cherokee, Arkansas (2 books)
  • The Cherokee Murders