Start by marking “DogJoy: The Happiest Dogs in the Universe” as Want to Read:
DogJoy: The Happiest Dogs in the Universe

DogJoy: The Happiest Dogs in the Universe

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  20 reviews
THERE IS NO GREATER JOY than seeing a beloved dog smile. Whether they’re greeting us at the door, romping with their pals, or celebrating a birthday, their happiness is completely infectious. Do dogs really smile? We set out to prove this idea after a reader of The Bark sent in a photo of her grinning dog, with a suggestion for a contest … and, the Smiling Dog contest was ...more
Published October 13th 2009 by Rodale Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about DogJoy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DogJoy

Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Page after page of grinning, happy dogs. What's not to love? The forward by Ann Padgett was particularly fabulous. She addressed those who correct us to say the dogs aren't actually smiling and how a doggy kiss is actually the inner puppy trying to extract a treat from mom's teat or whatever: Who cares? It makes me happy, the dog is obviously enjoying him or herself, so go find something else to take issue with. She says it much more sweetly and kindly, though. I wish the book had been bigger an ...more
Carolyn
Just a fun collection of dog photos - some with quips.
If you are a dog lover this will make you smile.
Ginny Tata-Phillips
192 pages of smiling dogs from the editors of The Bark magazine - what is not to like?!
Great pictures...not really a book I "read" but still...it was great.
Rebecca
It would be five stars, but they forgot to include my dog!
Amie
Jul 19, 2011 Amie added it
Fun, light read with lots of dog pictures.
Christyn
Dog Joy was page after page of pure doggy bliss! What more could you ask for than pictures of happy, smiling dogs? The introduction was great, and I enjoyed the accompanying captions that were with some of the pictures. I do wish some of the smaller pictures had been bigger, but I still enjoyed it. It is a great pick me up when you need a smile.
Arianna
It was cute, not really a big deal, just kind of a picture book. I read it in an evening while waiting for dinner to be done. I think now i'll just pass it on to the next person. It is cute, but the internet is full of smiling dogs... This may be a good gift/coffee table book for a really hardcore dog person, but for regular dog people its a regifter.
VegasGal
If you want to grin ear-to-ear, laugh and just have a really simple fun time, check out this book!

Only small "issue" that I had with this dog picture collection was that some pictures were especially small and a bit hard to see those adorable mugs - if they wanted to include lots of enteries to make everyone happy, the book should have been made a little bit larger.
Xanthi
I may be a Cat Lady, but i can still enjoy a book such as this! Some very adorable images in here - dogs 'smiling', playing, with children, with other dogs, etc. My fave was of the shelter dog (I read in the notes at the back that after a long wait, she ended up getting adopted- yay!) and the dog that was rescued from that poor excuse of a human, Michael Vick.
Lake Agassiz Regional Library
If you love dogs, this book is guaranteed to make you smile. :)

The book is a collective of pictures and short bios on "the happiest dogs in the universe." If you pick out this book, I recommend a glance at Arthur and his BIG grin on page 82!
Lynn Siler
These are wonderful photos--I just wish they had been printed on larger pages. It was hard to get the full, joyful impact, when I had to squint to see everything in the picture.
Kimberlee
I read this in about 20 mins, since it's pretty much photos and "light" captioning of 500+ smiling dogs....
Joy
A half an hour of looking at photos of cute dogs and reading little snippets? Time well spent!
Karen
Cute little book of hundreds of dog photos. Now about one of cat photos??
Cute, cute, cute!!! Can't help but smile when looking at these happy faces.
Megan Richardson
I dare you to look through this book and not smile.
Kate
nothing but pictures of smiling dogs! love it!
Sue
I want them all!
Robert Marsh
Robert Marsh marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Yorkl
Yorkl marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Howl: A Collection of the Best Contemporary Dog Wit Dog Is My Co-Pilot: Great Writers on the World's Oldest Friendship Dog is My Co-Pilot: Great Writers on the World's Oldest Friendship