Start by marking “DogJoy: The Happiest Dogs in the Universe” as Want to Read:
DogJoy: The Happiest Dogs in the Universe

DogJoy: The Happiest Dogs in the Universe

THERE IS NO GREATER JOY than seeing a beloved dog smile. Whether they're greeting us at the door, romping with their pals, or celebrating a birthday, their happiness is completely infectious. Do dogs really smile? We set out to prove this idea after a reader of The Bark sent in a photo of her grinning dog, with a suggestion for a contest … and, the Smiling Dog contest was ...more
Published October 13th 2009 by Rodale Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about DogJoy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DogJoy

Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Feb 18, 2010 Kelly H. (Maybedog) rated it really liked it
Page after page of grinning, happy dogs. What's not to love? The forward by Ann Padgett was particularly fabulous. She addressed those who correct us to say the dogs aren't actually smiling and how a doggy kiss is actually the inner puppy trying to extract a treat from mom's teat or whatever: Who cares? It makes me happy, the dog is obviously enjoying him or herself, so go find something else to take issue with. She says it much more sweetly and kindly, though. I wish the book had been bigger an ...more
Jul 12, 2011 Carolyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Just a fun collection of dog photos - some with quips.
If you are a dog lover this will make you smile.
Dec 06, 2010 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: dogs
It would be five stars, but they forgot to include my dog!
Jul 19, 2011 Amie added it
Fun, light read with lots of dog pictures.
Dec 21, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it
Great pictures...not really a book I "read" but was great.
Ginny Tata-Phillips
192 pages of smiling dogs from the editors of The Bark magazine - what is not to like?!
Oct 23, 2011 VegasGal rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals, read-2011
If you want to grin ear-to-ear, laugh and just have a really simple fun time, check out this book!

Only small "issue" that I had with this dog picture collection was that some pictures were especially small and a bit hard to see those adorable mugs - if they wanted to include lots of enteries to make everyone happy, the book should have been made a little bit larger.
Dog Joy was page after page of pure doggy bliss! What more could you ask for than pictures of happy, smiling dogs? The introduction was great, and I enjoyed the accompanying captions that were with some of the pictures. I do wish some of the smaller pictures had been bigger, but I still enjoyed it. It is a great pick me up when you need a smile.
Aug 22, 2012 Xanthi rated it liked it
I may be a Cat Lady, but i can still enjoy a book such as this! Some very adorable images in here - dogs 'smiling', playing, with children, with other dogs, etc. My fave was of the shelter dog (I read in the notes at the back that after a long wait, she ended up getting adopted- yay!) and the dog that was rescued from that poor excuse of a human, Michael Vick.
Jan 13, 2014 Aire rated it liked it
It was cute, not really a big deal, just kind of a picture book. I read it in an evening while waiting for dinner to be done. I think now i'll just pass it on to the next person. It is cute, but the internet is full of smiling dogs... This may be a good gift/coffee table book for a really hardcore dog person, but for regular dog people its a regifter.
Moorhead Public Library
Sep 15, 2015 Moorhead Public Library rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
If you love dogs, this book is guaranteed to make you smile. :)

The book is a collective of pictures and short bios on "the happiest dogs in the universe." If you pick out this book, I recommend a glance at Arthur and his BIG grin on page 82!

Reviewed by: Jody
Oct 30, 2010 Kimberlee rated it it was amazing
I read this in about 20 mins, since it's pretty much photos and "light" captioning of 500+ smiling dogs....
Lynn Siler
May 01, 2010 Lynn Siler rated it really liked it
These are wonderful photos--I just wish they had been printed on larger pages. It was hard to get the full, joyful impact, when I had to squint to see everything in the picture.
Larry Levine
Larry Levine rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2015
Julie rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2012
Dec 28, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it
Cute, cute, cute!!! Can't help but smile when looking at these happy faces.
Maureen Meehan
Maureen Meehan rated it really liked it
May 14, 2011
Laura rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2015
Jesse rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Elissa (crz4drwho)
Elissa (crz4drwho) rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Apr 01, 2011 Kate rated it it was amazing
Shelves: doggies
nothing but pictures of smiling dogs! love it!
Jessica rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2011
Louise Walsh
Louise Walsh rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2014
Danigerous rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Selena rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2010
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2013
Melanie Hajacos
Melanie Hajacos rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2014
Corey Behner
Corey Behner rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2014
Janet rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2010