The Ice Dragon (Dragon Knights, #3)

The Ice Dragon (Dragon Knights #3)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  822 ratings  ·  40 reviews
A wild Northern Ice Dragon and the girl who raised him save the life of a fierce, shapeshifting royal black dragon, only to have him save them in return with his love. Third book in the Dragon Knights series. When a royal black dragon falls under enemy fire, only the wild Northern Ice Dragon and his unlikely female rider can save him. Half wild, like the baby Ice Dragon sh...more
Published September 1st 2006 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Ice Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ice Dragon

Dragon Bound by Thea HarrisonDragon Actually by G.A. AikenAbout a Dragon by G.A. AikenWhat a Dragon Should Know by G.A. AikenLast Dragon Standing by G.A. Aiken
Dragon Shifters
42nd out of 252 books — 538 voters
Dragon Bound by Thea HarrisonDragon Actually by G.A. AikenWhat a Dragon Should Know by G.A. AikenAbout a Dragon by G.A. AikenThe Dragon Who Loved Me by G.A. Aiken
Best Dragon Shapeshifter Romance Novels
48th out of 173 books — 317 voters

More lists with this book...

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Bianca D’Arc delivers yet another stellar story in the Dragon Knights series. But this time, it’s a little different. Instead of the Dragon Knights finding their one true love, the elite black dragon is now finding his happily ever after. You know what that means? There’s no permanent threesome. However, this fact doesn’t make the book feel lacking. In fact, I loved it even more!

I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. D’Arc continues to create an elaborate world for...more
Els
Reading this book was like reading a mediocre fan fiction piece that somehow managed to become published. Did not finish reading it.
Julie (jjmachshev)
Apr 04, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Daisiemae and hot dragon lovers!!
Shelves: 2008-reads, erotica
I LOVED this book. This is the 3rd tale in D-Arc's Dragon Knights series. I enjoyed the first two stories (in "Ladies of the Lair") that I ordered this one and the next "Prince of Spies" immediately after finishing the first book! Hot heroes with gutsy heroines and really steamy sex!!

Lana is a slave. She was taken from her family as a child and has ended up serving a very evil warlord. When the warlord steals a dragon egg, he assigns Lana to keep the egg warm. Lana is surprised to find out she...more
Inara
May 25, 2008 Inara rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: paranormal romance lovers
In this third installment of the Dragon Knights-Series the story of Lana and her baby Ice-Dragon Tor is told. Lana is a slave at the court of the northern warlord Salomar and is consigned with the task to care for a dragon egg which has Salomar´s evil witch Loralie stolen from it´s dragon mother. When Lana discovers that she´s able to communicate in her mind with the dragon they don´t tell anybody and flee from Salomar when the young dragon is old enough. Salomar haunts them of course because he...more
AnniLuvs
4 stars!
This is a sweet and positive and romantic story between a slave girl-healer and a black dragon who has a secret identity.

I was looking for a dragon romance to read for a challenge, and came across this one and was intrigued by the beautiful cover. Then i went to the author's website and read an excerpt and was captivated by the story.

Alania is a slave girl who is thrown into a cage with a huge dragon egg that is about to hatch. Salomar is evil and wants to have a dragon to try out his w...more
Cindy
This book can be read alone or as the third book in the series - it's a tale of a slave girl, an orphaned dragon she mother-bonds with and a king in his dragon form who is rescued by Lana and Tor. Roland is both black dragon and man but he's brought down by new weapons when he's checking out rumors of invaders who are interested in taking over his kingdom. Tor's life is covered from the time he's in his egg to when he's a glorious, huge five year old ice dragon with a huge heart that is filled w...more
Stephanie
My rating system -
1 star = awful all the way around. No point in even finishing it.
2 stars = read out of morbid curiousity. Lots of errors. Way too short. Generally no depth, no creativity, no nothing.
3 stars = Average book. Fun read. Nothing too exciting, but worth the time in the bathtub or on the sofa to read. Definitely better than most of TV's offerings. Worth the time to get from the library.
4 stars= Good book. Thought provoking. Actually used real words. Sincerely loved reading it, but wi...more
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore

Samhain Publishing, LTD
E-Book
$4.50
191 Pages
Fantasy Shape-Shifters Red Hots!!!
Rating: 3 Cups

Llaph
Lana is a rare, powerful dragon healer who has rescued an uncommon ice dragon, Tor. She and Tor escape from the Northern king who has them enslaved and who has also no knowledge of her gift. After rescuing the black dragon, she does not expect so many surprises like his shape-shifting, a possible family and a land where dragons are partners with humans.

Roland is the king of the dragons who can shape-shift into a black dragon. He does not expect to be wounded so badly while reconnoitering up nort...more
Brittany
This is definitely one of my favorites from the series. I love the king and future queen and cannot wait to start the next book. I loved everything about this book. These have been quick, hot, steamy reads for me and I cannot wait for more!!
Lil' Grogan
That was odd. I felt like I was reading a children's book with sex thrown in. There was a lot of indulgence and condescension towards the heroine...and the reader. Just in case you need every action and conversation explained for fear you missed the subtleties, the author's got your back. Found the romance pretty creepy, mainly because everyone was treating her like a child. I liked the idea of baby Tor, but at the end, I wanted to him in a different book.
Sandra
Really 3.5 stars. An enjoyable romp through the dragon lands and what could be better than shapeshifting black dragons and diamond sparkly ice dragons.

Lana, downtrodden slave is in actuality Princess Alaina of Kent, part dragon, though she has no idea of that having been kidnapped as a child.

Roland, King of all dragons, is for some obscure reason doing a reccy on his enemy to the north & is almost fatally wounded, it is only the quick thinking of baby Tor the ice dragon and Lana's dragon hea...more
J.W.
Wow this one was different then the others in a lot of ways.

Lana, one of the twin daughters of Adora, and sister of Belora, and an Ice Dragon named Tor, rescue the King himself, a black dragon Roland, and that's just the first twist. Damn I love this series
Netanella
First paragraph: Salomar threw the useless girl in with the egg. He had no care for the girl, but the egg, now that could be profitable if he treated it right. Tall as a full-grown man and then some, the egg was near maturity, or so he’d been told. He and his men had run off the wild dragon guarding the egg.

The Dragon Knights series continues with the introduction of more characters, Roland the shapeshifting black dragon, and Lana, one of the lost twin sisters who was introduced earlier in the s...more
Nancy
I read alot of Urban Fantasy and when I want a break from those bleak worlds these books are my comfort books. Like hot chocolate on a cold day. If you ever dreamed as a young girl of a prince coming to save you then these books are for you. That being said they are very hot and erotic *fans self* Roland and Lana were a hot and sweet couple. I also really loved the baby dragon Tor in this one. He was so sweet and you couldn't help but root for him. There were a few surprises in this one and hint...more
Debbie

i enjoyed this, although it does move really fast from meeting to sex!

this one gets mixedup a little since there is a single male and a single female lead. a king, no less!

there is an under story, but it doesnt hold up much as i've gone on to read all the others in this series.

not a bad, short story. they could have been made longer, developing the story, as opposed to all the sex!

made a little better by a cute baby dragon and his antics!
Jordan
I'm being generous with my 2. I'm about halfway done with it and I can't even guarantee I'll finish it. Lana is a slave who has no trauma as a result. She is a great and wonderful character and everyone loves her. Everyone is trusted so quickly.

There has not been an ounce of conflict in this entire thing except, oh my god he's hurt! He's on the verge of death thank goodness I saved him. Wow. That was intense.

I don't know why this book exists.
L.D.
First book read by this author. Book was short compared to others in this Genre. At first and for awhile I thought the book would be placed in the teen area until I got towards the end. OMGosh, I wondered when I was getting to the "good stuff!" Still the description of the good stuff is tame. If not used to reading SM/BD this is a good one to start the introduction. The story line easy to follow. Waiting for book 4. L.D.
Becca
Lana, a rare and powerful dragon healer and the baby Ice Dragon she calls friend, save the life of a fierce, shapeshifting royal black dragon. Roland is king of all dragons and humans in his land but he’s far from home, mortally wounded. Turned out to be a really good fantasy romance even with the inconsistencies in the rarity/nonrarity of the black dragons.
Jp
I love Tor!! This books is the third book in the series and also the book were we finally meet the King, as well as a courageous warrior woman and healer and her baby dragon. Nothing prepared me for these books. I have to admit, this series has been an eye opener and a great addition to my ever-growing collection of books. I hope there'll be more books in the future.
Wendy
I just finished this book and I wasn’t sure if I would like it being I’m not a big fan of dragons. Well this book changed my mind. I thought the flow was good, the characters worked well and the storyline pulled you in. I will be following this author with this series and others she writes.
Sheila Grindatti
I loved this story.
Lizzie
OMG this book is hot. Saw thuis is my library's popular section and had to have it. This is book was really sweet. Could be a stand- alone (how I read it) but would be best read within the series. I can't wait to see where the rest of the series goes.
Nadine
I really looked forward to this book and was disappointed. It started off sweet and because of that the voyeurism didn't work with this book.

The author's tone is very childish and I honestly had high hopes. For the price the quality really sucked.
Summer

******
If you liked this book you may enjoy the following groups:
Erotic Enchants Group
Menage Readers Group
Polly
This was a very nice short. I loved the strength of our heroine, and the innocence of her little side kick.
Our hero was just what you would expect. Handsome and strong. This is the only one I read in the series.
I loved it.

Missy Jane
Another good installment in this series but with the same issues as the first few. This is officially the last book I'd already read and now I can continue the rest of the series fresh.
Angarad
Shorter than what I usually read but I still loved it. The relation between dragons and humans was really interesting. And I have to say, Roland was hot, no doubt about that ;)
Brenda (b)
I think this continuing saga keeps getting better. A little something new is added with each story and I think that is what keeps it interesting for me.
Enjee
A different plot from the first two stories in the series. Still shallow dialog with no flawed characters except the bad guys.
  • Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)
  • The Dragons' Demon (Ethereal Foes, #1)
  • Dragon's Fire (Shadow of the Dragon, #2)
  • The Dark Prince (Dragon Lords #3)
  • The Black Dragon (Dragon #2)
  • Dragon's Blood (Cruentus Dragons, #1)
  • Dragon Down Under (Dragon Down Under, #1)
  • The Dracons' Woman (The Soul-Linked Saga #1)
  • King of Clubs (Wonderland, #4)
  • Bitten (Moon Lust, #2)
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Tales from the Temple I
  • Cornering Carmen (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #5)
  • Last Dragon Standing (Dragon Kin, #4)
  • A Touch of Fae (Witches Knot, #2)
Bianca enjoys mixing her real-world knowledge of science with imaginary worlds in her writing. A former chemist, she tends to mix genres, concentrating most of her writing in the paranormal, sci fi, fantasy and futuristic realms, with some contemporary and urban fantasy thrown in for fun."
More about Bianca D'Arc...
Lords of the Were (Tales of the Were, #1) One and Only (Brotherhood of Blood, #1) Maiden Flight (Dragon Knights, #1) Rocky (Tales of the Were, #3, The Others, #1) Sweeter Than Wine (Brotherhood of Blood, #4)