Start by marking “Pasión en privado” as Want to Read:
Pasión en privado

Pasión en privado

¡Se había enamorado de su marido!

Stavros Denakis se puso como una furia cuando Tessa Marlowe apareció de nuevo en su vida sin avisar. Aunque técnicamente estaban casados, la unión nunca había sido consumada. La vida había hecho que Stavros desconfiara de las mujeres, por lo que inmediatamente creyó que esa esposa a la que apenas conocía era una cazafortunas. ¿Por qué iba a
Published October 14th 2008 by Harlequin Ibérica (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Pasión en privado, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pasión en privado

Jasbell76
Feb 02, 2015 Jasbell76 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I usually check Goodreads' reviews and the rating of a book before read it. This has 3.5 stars, so I told myself let's give this book and the author a chance because Annie West is not of my top HP authors, but I have read some good comments of her books. Anyway, I finished to read this book only because I promised to myself from now on not abandon a book after I start it. So, I have to say I didn't like it.
1. The way the author describes how and when the h/H met, was very poor, weak, I don't kn
KatieV
I loved it up until the halfway point and then just liked. The H deserved more of a comeuppance and struggle than he got. Wow was he determined to hold onto his gold digger obsession! Even virginity wasn't a magic wand. Which, although I often enjoy the trope, I don't get how a hymen makes you a saint. I remember girls in high school (including myself) who were still virgins and managed to still have all sorts of faults and I don't remember anyone suddenly growing horns and a tail the moment the ...more
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)

This lost wife had the worst timing in the history of HPs. Why couldn’t she have just stayed dead and kept it convenient for the paranoid rat masquerading as the H. Or even fought back against his unjust accusations? But then she was no better - a pitiable, un-opinionated, noodle-spined prima clingosa of a h.

Flashback- They had a pretend moc to save her from a south American jail but there were bomb blasts, ambushes and other such drama. So while he escapes thinking her to be dead, she was inju
willaful
This made my fabulous wallbanger shelf, not because the hero is monumentally dickish -- this is a modern Presents, so it's kept relatively tame -- but because he goes on being dickish for so long. It takes 152 pages for him to stop believing Tessa deliberately disrupted his life to try and get money out of him for purely mercenary reasons and to start believing she deliberately disrupted his life to try and get money out of him because after her hard life she needs security.

There's some excellen
Booklover
Tessa appears on the eve of Stavros Denakis engagement party and sets in motion a chain of events you won't want to miss

Stavros Denakis is the Greek alpha like no other who holds himself back when it comes to commitment and love. His father's past history with women have left him scared and resentful so when Tessa appears on his door step, he is not only furious but thinks she has an agenda. Tessa swears she is only here to return the "family" heirloom ring with the family crest.Is this really T
Jacqueline
Just okay. The first half of the story was a bit weak. The hero is almost stupidly insistant on believing that the heroine is out to extort money from him. Any reasonably intelligent man would have given her some sort of credence especially after he finds out so many times that she wasn't lieing about whatever situation had just come up that he was accusing her over. The second half after they start a physical relationship is better. And he does do some decent groveling at the end.
RLA
Jan 11, 2012 RLA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hero Stavros is about to attend a party at his home where his engagement will be officially announced. Not that he is looking forward to it, after all it is simply a marriage for business purposes. However, he is shocked when he is informed that a woman called Tessa, the heroine, has turned up at his home. Four years ago Stavros had been doing aid work in a civil war torn country when he had heard about an Australian woman who had been imprisoned. In order to have her freed, he had pretended ...more
Leona
Mar 02, 2012 Leona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hqn-presents
I debated giving this a 2 or a 3...... I finally went with a three, mostly because I liked the plot and the secondary characters..especially grandpa. I was surprised because Annie West usually delivers a much stronger heroine than she did here. Tessie Marlow just seemed a major contradiction. Though she was able to fight off guerilla warfare and survive a country in civil war, she couldn't stand up to Stavros?

Edina Rose
Nov 18, 2011 Edina Rose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fm-romance, harlequin
Tessa and Stavros met in a civil war-torn South-American country. He was there for business when he heard of a foreigner held prisoner. He pretended she was his bride and married her in order to save her. But on their way out of danger zone, a bomb exploded and they got separated.

She thinks he died, and cherishes the memory of a wonderful, gorgeous and generous hero who gave his live saving her. He is the star of all her fantasies, the man of her dreams.

Stavros also believes she died and carri
Amber
This is a bit of a facepalm book. It has so many promising elements, and the writing isn't too bad at all. But it's just like...The hero believes the worst in every situation and in the face of REPEATED proof that he's wrong about the heroine!! If I'd been his dad I would have been like "I need to tell you something, son. It's a secret, come closer. Closer. *WHAP* Don't be such an idjit!!" It got three stars instead of two because facepalm books can be entertaining in their own right.
Victoria
This review is also published on Always a Booklover.

This was a rather disappointing read. Thing is, it should have been great. It had everything a book needed – likable characters, good plot, hot hero (hehe), sexual tension, etc. But I didn’t like it. Perhaps it didn’t come together for me. On its own, they were all good. But together, it didn’t work very well. But then again, it could also be due to my mood. I doubt so though. I read it over a few sittings because I was kinda bored with it.

The
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I would definitely take off points because the hero is a mega-jerk. He is so hateful to Tessa. I can understand his cyncism about women, but it's almost like he was angry that Tessa hadn't died as he thought previously. I think that Tessa was remarkably tolerant of Stavros. I really wanted her to stab him with a fork. No matter what she did, he perceived it in the worst light. I'm assuming he was sleeping around with other women while she was gone, but it's not directly stated. In this case, I w ...more
Tonya Warner
Stavros Denakis had just announced his engagement when Tessa Marlowe apprears on the scene. The woman he had married to save from prison in a foreign country. The woman he had believed dead for the last four years. He can only believe she is after money from him because that is what his life experience has been.

Tessa had struggled for four years trying to escape from a country in crisis, dreaming of the man who she believed pretended to marry her for her to escape. Told she was the only one to s
Vintage
The hero, oy vey, the hero. He takes the sinister bad buy inner monologue to a new level. You know the one where in a glance they take a look at a SILENT young woman and psychically know that she is planning to cynically unman them, dismantle their multi-zillion empire and seduce daddy. Starvos is one of the worst I have come across. Even after they have sex and he knows she isn't a gold-digger he assumes she's in it for the minimal lifestyle. The h needs to get a good cast iron skillet and wham ...more
Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
3.5 Stars
The hero is really crass at times and I had a lot of trouble liking him pretty much throughout the whole book until the last couple of chapters. The heroine , well, I'm not really into malnutritioned, bony women but she had some redeeming qualities.
It's really the last chapter that sealed it for me as a 3.5 star rating. Stavros has to apologise more than once and make proper amends to his wife. I found this chapter and what was said very touching.
Dee
I really liked this one- loads of angst which I like to see in my Harlequins :)
StMargarets
Jeweler billionaire hero married heroine in the midst of a civil war to free her from jail. He thought she was dead until she shows up on the day of his betrothal party. Heroine didn't know they were really married. She's only there to return his ring and to thank him for helping her. Hero immediately thinks she's there to blackmail him and doesn't let up on that notion for over a hundred pages.

There are good and bad points to this:
Good - it keeps up the tension since there really isn't anythin
Aki
Feb 24, 2015 Aki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sbook is one of the more uncommon HQ stories around and features some one-of-a-kind elements I've yet to have read in other HQ stories. Without giving anything anyway spoiler-wise I can tell you that the heroine's gone through a lot and is therefore easy to like. However I am not quite so fond of how she lets herself be steam-rolled by the guy. He treats her badly -even after being proven wrong several times about his assumptions.(view spoiler) ...more
Meg Kinch
I was waffling on whether or not to give this 3 stars instead of 2 or even one. I found the hero to be a bit over the top in the alpha, dominate male arena for what I like in a Harlequin book. The fact that he doesn't believe the heroine at all throughout almost the entire book and insists that she is after his money even going so far as to saying she is looking for stability towards the end really rankled. I found myself scanning quite a few parts of the book where I didn't have to read so much ...more
Skye
Rhonda
Feb 28, 2013 Rhonda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh I wanted to kick Stavros ass. He was so damn stubborn and set in his way. I never thought he would open his eyes and see Tessa for what she was. And Tessa loved him so much that she was almost willing to stay with him for just the tidbits of affection she got. Never having anyone in her life that was constant definitely went against her in this case.

This was a very moving story, with very strong and intense emotions. I loved how the author brought in each the hero and heroine's back stories.
Wellga
Oct 18, 2011 Wellga rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin, own
heran, dari mana Tessa punya duit buat naik pesawat dari South America 'daerah konflik lagi!?' ke Yunani??? But, anyway it's a good story... seorang tycoon yang selalu mawas diri (ato lebih tepatnya tinggi hati) selalu berpikiran bahwa semua wanita itu gold digger?? Is it??? well, gak semuanya lho!
salut buat Tessa!
Venus84
Nov 13, 2015 Venus84 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: greek-hero
3,5 stars
The heroine was sweet, I liked her even though I wished her to give the hero a hard time once a while.
I was pretty annoyed by the hero because he didn't really want to get it, he was so stubborn and didn't have a good reason not to believe her. I Think he got away too easy, but at least he was ok in the end
Sweety
Aug 08, 2010 Sweety rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hmm, the hero have a lot of doubtful about the heroine, he feel that the heroine is gold digger, so he not trust the heroine that show up in the engagement party between hero and somebody else.

The heroine so weak, can not fight the domination from the hero
Lady Jaye
Loved this one and it remains one of my favorite harlequin presents till date. Stavros and Tessa were great fun to read about, and neither of them overbearing or TSTL.
Ladyacct
May 14, 2011 Ladyacct rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shorts
Heroine was in a very serious situation and hero saved her, but she found out her hero was not only human but could be a bit of a donkey's butt too.
Ana
Aug 25, 2013 Ana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
the guy is a stupid jerk. he bullies tessa non stop plus he doesn't even know her and is soooo assured that she is a gold digger. and ofc sex is answer to everything.
Gege86
Jan 01, 2015 Gege86 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the h, hated the H, He was so arrogant while the heroine had some backbone. Lovely read with a lot of angst.
Shima salavati
Shima salavati rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2009
April Symes
April Symes rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2014
  • The Spaniard's Defiant Virgin (Modern Romance, #711)
  • A Passionate Marriage
  • The Fallen Greek Bride / At the Greek Boss's Bidding
  • The Greek Tycoon's Virgin Wife
  • The Dimitrakos Proposition
  • Aristides' Convenient Wife  (A Mediterranean Marriage #9)
  • Public Wife, Private Mistress (Italian Husbands)
  • Wedding Night With A Stranger (Presents Extra)
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • Captured by the Sheikh (Rivals to the Crown of Kadar #1)
  • Marriage Made on Paper (Forrester, #1)
  • More than a Convenient Marriage?

USA Today Bestselling author Annie West loves writing passionate, intense love stories. She has devoted her life to an in depth study of tall, dark, charismatic heroes who cause the best kind of trouble in the lives of their heroines. Creating heroines who are a perfect mat
More about Annie West...