Start by marking “Dreaming of Deliverance” as Want to Read:
Dreaming of Deliverance

Dreaming of Deliverance

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Dreaming of Deliverance: The First Book of Trae "When I review books for this blog I don't often set my notes aside and read the book purely for enjoyment: but that's what I did with Dreaming of Deliverance, and I'm very pleased that I did. Ms. Chambliss has a very fluid, readable style; I read all five hundred and fifty-four pages of this book in one day, and thoroughly e ...more
Published 2009 by BookSurge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dreaming of Deliverance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreaming of Deliverance

Cindy
I'm still in the first quarter of the book, and I'm completely engaged! It's been a fun read. It's funny because I can hear Renee's voice sometimes when I'm reading this! I can't wait to read more!
Monica Hughes
What a thrill to read. Gets you from the get go and never lets you go.
Katie
Read this for book club. Interesting premise, but found much of it incredibly long and too detailed. I was very annoyed by the ending and felt like it was a bit of an afterthought.

(I wrote the above too quickly, based solely on my feeling after reading the book. I'm adding a bit more to give a more accurate impression of my view).

While I was reading the book, I was quite entranced and couldn't wait to pull it out on my commute. The descriptions are vivid and I have a clear picture of these pla
Kenn Crawford
It's no big secret that I am a huge fan of Renee's work. The storyline is great, her characters are believable, and unlike a lot of books I couldn't figure out where this one was headed or how it was going to end. Week after week I impatiently waited for the next episode to be released to get my 'fix'.

The podiobook version of Dreaming of Deliverance really shows off Renee's ability to tell a story. Her voice and style of narration is so pleasant that if she read a dictionary I would probably lis
Jodi
Dreaming of Deliverance is a hidden gem among podcasts. It is one of those that you just don't want to put down. If it were a book I would have stayed up all night reading it because I was that anxious to know what was going to happen next.
The main character Lindsey is doing time for having stupidly done some drug smuggling for her drug dealing boyfriend at the age of 18 while in college. She's 5 years into her sentence when her dreams manage to take her away from CDC into another world...and y
Jason Kivela
I took me a long time, but I finally finished the audio version of Dreaming of Deliverance by R.E. Chamblis. The delay was because I just don’t have the time to listen to podcasts anymore with this job, not because it was hard to get through.

I loved the story. The characters were well written and there was a lot of depth to them, very few one-dimensional ones. The world was really unique. Both worlds, actually. I’d term it as a world travel / low fantasy story.

I spent a lot of time worried about
Michelle McKinney
I loved the book for its portrayal of a woman overcoming her various 'prisons', for exciting action, and vivid descriptions and characterizations. I felt the book had too many ends which were not tied up or explained -- for instance, why and how did Lindsay escape the normal Traveler routine of waking up back in her prison bed after her escape with Joel and his niece? However, this book is a 'page turner'; I admit I stayed up some nights longer than I should have, and sometimes I listened to the ...more
Craig Robertson
Dreaming of Deliverance is a fresh, well woven story, with credible and empathetic characters, set in dual realities which are adroitly constructed. Ms. Chambliss has proven herself to be a gifted, visionary author. One of the many marvelous qualities which shines through in her writing is her commitment to her characters - she is passionate about each and every one of them. There is some issue as to which literary genre the book should be placed in, as it expertly combines so many. I feel the s ...more
Guestford_junkie
I enjoyed this a great deal, from the very first chapter. The narrative is so descriptive that I could visualise everything in my minds eye. I can't wait for a sequel to find out what happens next to the people of *redracted so that I don't spoil it for you*. Well worth the read!
Janet Benson
I've just finished re-reading Dreaming of Deliverance, and I am thrilled to say that it was just as compelling the second time around, and I was able to enjoy the language and description much more as well. I'm recommending this to my favorite reader friends.
Drusy
I love this book! I can't wait for the sequel to see how it all turns out. It doesn't fit into the normal gendre boxes, so I think it hasn't been recognised for the great read it is.
Amanda
Loved this book, I couldn't put it down! I felt like I could see, smell and touch the characters and the land of Trae.
Mat Dolton
Amazing book, can't wait for the next edition
Floyd Pepper
Floyd Pepper marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Suze
Suze added it
Jun 27, 2014
Angela
Angela added it
Apr 01, 2013
I love stories. I've read fiction pretty much non-stop since I was in elementary school, and enjoy a wide variety of genres and styles--from John Irving to Diana Gabaldon to Barbara Kingsolver to Tolkien.

My first short story was published when I was 10 years old and won the Young Authors contest in Jack and Jill Magazine. Then I took a 20+ year hiatus from writing fiction, although I wrote lots fo
More about R.E. Chambliss...
Preston's Take (Trae) Forbidden Fruit (Trae) Farrago: The Michael Bekemeyer Project