Troubled Hearts

Troubled Hearts

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Desperate to escape her estranged husband and a home enshrouded with death and despair, Julia flees in the middle of the night. Little does she know that her determined husband is in pursuit. Along the journey, she discovers a telling revelation. But will it be enough to banish the ghosts of the past and soothe her troubled heart?
Published 2008 by The Wild Rose Press

Heidi
I have to give it five stars for the mini whirlwind. How one author can draw you in and make you adore characters in 15 pages is beyond me. I WANT THE WHOLE STORY:). LOVED the ending!
Julie (Mom2lnb)
Apr 29, 2011 Julie (Mom2lnb) rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Fans of Sweet E-Book Quickies, Reunion Theme
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Troubled Hearts is a sweet little e-book novella about a husband and wife who have drifted apart and become estranged due to a tragedy in their lives, but whose love for one another prevails to bring them back together. As with most short stories like this I couldn't help wanting to know more. How did Julia and Richard meet and fall in love? What were their lives like up until the event that put distance between them? I also found myself curious about Julia's life-long fr...more
MM
This is a very simple read, but very sweet. While set back in the old english times this is a problem many couples find themselves struggling with in modern times. I would love to have a more in depth look at the characters to watch the development in their lives through their trials that ulitmatly lead up to this "book" and how their lives change after. But all in all, this was a very sweet reminder of how love without communication and forgiveness can lead to heartache and despair.
Sandy
Donna is the short story master. She creates these character I care about and want to cheer for in just a few pages, where some authors take half a book to accomplish that. I just wish this was longer because I can't ever get enough of Donna's writing!
Kathy
So this was a short (15 page) ebook. Its hard to rate these properly because they are just too short. I liked the story, and think it would make a good full-length novel. Enjoyable for what it was, but these short stories always leave me wanting more.
Ashley
Wonderful!!! Absolutely captivating! I can't believe it was so short! However, I'm thankful that it was. I can't stand 300pg books that are based on the lack of communication or based on miscommunication. Wonderful. Wonderful. Wonderful. :)
Teya
HOLY COW!!!! That was the quickest intense reading I've think i've ever read! I mean quickest it took me about a half hour or less. I wanted more. Now i"m prepared for the other short one though. I'll see if it's as quick and intense.
Melissa
Very sweet and heart wrenching! If only couples communicated more. This was a very short read which is my only complaint. 16 pages! I needed more but, it was great.
Rachael Dorronsoro
This book was way too short. I just got to knowing a little about the characters and the book has ended.
Tara
This is a short read but perfect for a waiting room or just a few minutes to yourself!
Cici
Way too short. More of a character sketch.
Rachel
Nice story, but far too short :(
Shanna Bridegan
Love her writing, but it was so short!
Brit
Brit marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Rebecca Lamoreaux
Rebecca Lamoreaux marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Debbie Spencer
Debbie Spencer marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Makelle
Makelle marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Alyson
Alyson marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
2072970
Donna Hatch's Rogue Heart series is the winner of the prestigious Golden Quill award. Donna is published in sweet Regency romance and fantasy. Her professional memberships include Romance Writers of America (RWA)and American Night Writers Association (ANWA). A sought-after workshop presenter and public speaker, Donna lives with her husband, six children, and two cats in Gilbert, Arizona.
More about Donna Hatch...
The Stranger She Married (Rogue Hearts, #1) Queen in Exile The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2) The Reluctant Bride Mistletoe Magic