Start by marking “Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)” as Want to Read:
Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)

Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night #10)

4.24  ·  Rating Details ·  2,117 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
Once again Maggie Shayne delivers sheer delight, and fans new and old of hervampire series can rejoice.--Romantic Times on Twilight Hunger.
Published October 1st 2005 by Mira Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Twilight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Twilight

Bex
Mar 08, 2010 Bex rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
In 1959, Edge being the oldest and most experienced of the Gang of Five serves as a surrogate farther to his four fledglings. The youngest returns home to tell them how she drank blood from some stud that peed in his pants before she took his Rolex and wallet. Edge leaves to locate one of his children who failed to return home. When he comes back alone, he finds his four vampire children dead and the watch missing. Edge vows to kill Frank Stiles, the man who peed in his pants.
Forty years later E
Delta
Jul 29, 2015 Delta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire adventure romance fans
4.5 Vampire romance adventure stars!
Saturnus
weird with all that kid things, but good
☆~Stephanie ~☆
This is the first book I ever read from Maggie shayne and I was hooked on her books.she is one of my favorite authors!
TheMadHatter
Nov 01, 2011 TheMadHatter rated it liked it
Actual Rating 3.5

These book are very similar in style to the Black Dagger Brotherhood (but without the same punch). Each book surrounds a vampire couple (in this one it was Amber and Edge). The cast from the previous books all make appearances so you also continue with past storylines. It is a formula that is done so well (and so frequently) now, but this books gets brownie points from me as it was one of the pioneers of the genre (this was book 10 and it was written in 2004....well before the t
Paranormal Romance
When the heroine is told the man responsible for rescuing her from the lab where she was being experimented on for her immortality is dying, she is devastated and immediately gets in the car to drive to him. But, on the way, she hits a man with her car and upon determining the damage she's down to him, she comes face to face with the man who's haunted her dreams for many years. For as long as she can remember she's see his face in her dreams and she knows that he will bring death. So with that p ...more
Kathy
Angelica and Jameson’s daughter, (the only half vampire/half human), the Child of Promise, Amber Lily is now 23 years old. Willem (human ex-soldier, married to vampire/gypsy Sarafina, saved Amber Lily) is dying of a brain tumor – with less than 6 months to live – Sarafina is devastated – as are all the rest… and Amber Lily has been having dreams of a gorgeous man, who gives her a gift in carved box , and she is horrified when she looks inside. And then she sees that it is an infant that is dead ...more
Serena
Apr 09, 2012 Serena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
TRAMA: Un sogno ricorrente perseguita Amber Lily, un sogno che la affascina e la terrorizza insieme. Chi è il vampiro dai capelli biondi e dagli occhi infuocati che le regala una preziosa scatola intagliata? Lui le fa ribollire il sangue nelle vene, mentre il suo dono le trasforma il cuore in ghiaccio per il terrore. Perché? Al risveglio Amber non riesce mai a ricordarlo, tuttavia è un particolare troppo inquietante per poterlo ignorare. Morte. Chiunque lui sia, le porterà la morte. O forse la s ...more
Jasmyn
We continue the story of Amber Lily in book 10 of Wings in the Night. After the evens in book 8, her life has changed drastically. She has learned to be more independent and more dependent at the same time. She understands that she is something new and different. And while some will view that as something to be cherished and protected, others (like DPI) view it as a new subject to tear apart and figure out.

We also get to meet Edge - a young vampire (all things considered) that is set to find th
Britta
Jul 05, 2008 Britta rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Kim
Recommended to Britta by: Gina Robichaud
What happens when the daughter of two vampires finally grows up? Love.

Jaded hearts ... broken spirits ... a PLAUSIBLE vampire pregnancy (i.e. not Breaking Dawn 's craptacular version of it - which almost reads like Stephenie Meyer read this and then went to work on her own novel). Where S. Meyer's dropped the ball, this series and this book run with it and score!

The only thing that I didn't like was that I couldn't picture Edge/Edgar in my mind at all. I can't remember if he wasn't described w
Yvensong
Nov 14, 2009 Yvensong rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire, bookcrossing
I enjoyed my first foray into Maggie Shayne's Twilight series. The story is quick, entertaining, a good way to wile away a few hours.

Edge, who seems almost a Spike clone, is an embittered vampire seeking revenge against the one who wronged his 'family'. In comes Amber Lily as his tool to exact his revenge. Only problem, he finds himself falling for her.

Sure, as in many Romance novels, the other characters are poorly developed -- and in this case, it really didn't matter. Spending too much time d
kris
Jun 09, 2012 kris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires, favorites
Gaynell
Jul 01, 2010 Gaynell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shayne-maggie
I loved this book. It is now my favorite of M. Shayne's Wings of Night series. Previously, Prince of Twilight was my favorite, but this one is just a little better. It is the story of 23 Amber Lynn and bad boy vamp, Edge. I was so sleepy I could hardly see the words, but I couldn't put this book down until I finished it. I started out only liking the series, but by the end I'm loving it. I would love for M.S. to continue the series. I'd love to find out what happens to Will. Hopefully, he doesn' ...more
Pat Cromwell
Feb 15, 2009 Pat Cromwell rated it really liked it
The first Maggie Shayne book I read. I know, I know, I have yet to read the first book of a series! I absolutely enjoyed this book and it made the previous books more interesting (for me that is rare). Our hero Edge and the princess of the series (my term) Amber Lily are a match made in heaven. I envy her getting pregnant and having babies at such rapid speed! If only ... the tie-in with the dreams and the births were on the edge of your seat intense. This is a good series when you consider the ...more
Jodz
Apr 10, 2010 Jodz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2010
I've read a couple of books by Maggie Shayne now and I really enjoy her writing style - it flows so smoothly.

EWdge of twilight is the story of Amber Lily, Half Vampire - Half Human, Known as the chosen one amongnst vampires.

Edge is a vamp on a mission of revenge. Seeking out the man (Stiles) who killed his "family".

It seems the only way to track down stiles is through Amber lily, as stiles is again after her (Having once kidnapped her before)

But this time Amber lily is after styles for her own p
Keelynn Hardy
Jan 03, 2015 Keelynn Hardy rated it really liked it
I had a good time reading this story. My first experience with Maggie Shayne's work was Born in Twilight, and I have to admit that I wasn't sure how I'd handle seeing Amber in a romantic role because of that. But this book actually does feel like a good follow up to the earlier story, while also blending in the characters and themes used in the books that took place during Amber's childhood. And Edge was an entertaining character throughout.

That said, I also couldn't keep myself from composing t
Megan
Sep 26, 2007 Megan rated it really liked it
Book 12 of the "Wings in the Night" series (if you are reading them in chronological order that is). Great book! So.... you were waiting for the little girl born to two vampires (from Born in Twilight to grow up... well... here she is! She finally has her own story! You can't miss this one!

Amber Lily (the only half human and half vampire to be born, naturally, from two vampires) falls in love with Edgar "Edge" Poe. You will see lots of familiar faces in this book! And the big bad DPI is back...
Aime
Dec 21, 2012 Aime rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2016 Laura rated it it was ok
I'm going through a tall stack of misc. books. This one was up next.

There may have been an earlier book in the series but this was the first one I came across. It was not good. Everyone is too perfect, even if they are vampires. Everyone is all warm and familial even if they are vampires. The bad guys are bad. No one is really interesting.

I hope I don't find the rest of the series in my stack.
Nicole
Feb 04, 2012 Nicole rated it liked it
Shelves: just-ok
Eh, nothing to write home about but I did love the hero. He's sarcastic, funny, lovable, and has that smart ass attitude down to a T. The heroine was just a tad to bleh for me. I couldn't relate or feel her emotions at all. This was just a forgettable book. It was frankly hard to give this book 3 stars.
Rachael
Jun 29, 2011 Rachael rated it really liked it
This book was a decent one. I feel like Maggie Shayne has grown up and written an honest to goodness book with a little romance thrown in there. Just enough bodice ripping to keep it interesting. The twists and turns were a nice surprise and now that DPI is officially gone, I am interested to see what other plot lines she has in store.
Debra
Nov 07, 2015 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the BEST one yet. Amber's all grown up and it's her turn to find love and something more. The rest you'll have to find out for yourself. Many of the 'old gang' are back together in this story that brings some things to a conclusion while starting a whole new branch in the ongoing story.
Andrea
Jul 03, 2010 Andrea rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be interesting, thrilling, and touching all at the same time. This is not just a vampire story! MS did a great job making it fresh and keeping me interested. I can't wait to read more of the wings of night series.
Feb 11, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It's has to be 1 of my favourite. With Jamison, angel, edge and all the other family members. Does make me laugh with history repeating itself with the unplanned pregnancy. Great HEA and great action/suspense.
Janika
Tähän mennessä Yön siivet-sarjan parhain kirja. Mikä ei ole kovin hieno saavutus ottaen huomioon kuinka olen muita lukemiani osia arvostellut. Tässä juttu kantoi hyvin ja onnistui olemaan viihdyttävä.
Natalie
Nov 25, 2012 Natalie rated it liked it
This is book 10 in the Wings In The Night series. It's your typical paranormal romance storyline with a lot of angst, but well written so it's enjoyable. There's sex in this series. I'm not sure if I want to read the whole series though.
Daelith
May 31, 2008 Daelith rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014-read
I've read a few other books by this author. I can't see me pursuing this series though. It was little too sappy for my taste.
Julie
Apr 22, 2012 Julie added it
Loved the series but read the book so long ago, don't know what I would think about it now.
Thelma
Apr 24, 2010 Thelma rated it it was amazing
Shelves: maggie-shayne
i love her books
  • Strangers In The Night (includes Beyond Twilight - Wings in the Night, #4)
  • Dead Perfect
  • Night After Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #5)
  • Be Mine Forever (Forever Vampires #3)
  • A Taste of Darkness (Mackenzie Vampires #3)
  • Hunting Midnight (Midnight, #2)
  • Dark Victory (Masters of Time, #4)
  • The Redeeming (Immortals, #5)
  • Redeemed in Darkness (Paladins of Darkness, #4)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more
More about Maggie Shayne...

Wings in the Night (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Twilight Phantasies (Wings in the Night, #1)
  • Twilight Memories (Wings in the Night, #2)
  • Twilight Illusions (Wings in the Night, #3)
  • Born In Twilight (Wings in the Night, #5)
  • Twilight Hunger (Wings in the Night, #7)
  • Embrace the Twilight (Wings in the Night, #8)
  • Before Blue Twilight (Wings in the night #10.5 - A prequel Novella)
  • Blue Twilight (Wings in the Night, #11)
  • Prince of Twilight (Wings in the Night #12)
  • Demon's Kiss (Wings in the Night #13)