Start by marking “Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)” as Want to Read:
Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)

Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night #10)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  1,918 ratings  ·  59 reviews
Once again Maggie Shayne delivers sheer delight, and fans new and old of hervampire series can rejoice.--Romantic Times on Twilight Hunger.
Published October 1st 2005 by Mira Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Twilight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Twilight

Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Unbound by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Avenged by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. Ward
Best Vampire Book Series
210th out of 223 books — 73 voters
Black Gold by Vivian ArendRocky Mountain Heat by Vivian ArendRebel by Zoe ArcherDelicate Freakn' Flower by Eve LanglaisRocky Mountain Haven by Vivian Arend
Paranormal Romance set in Canada
24th out of 33 books — 9 voters

More lists with this book...

In 1959, Edge being the oldest and most experienced of the Gang of Five serves as a surrogate farther to his four fledglings. The youngest returns home to tell them how she drank blood from some stud that peed in his pants before she took his Rolex and wallet. Edge leaves to locate one of his children who failed to return home. When he comes back alone, he finds his four vampire children dead and the watch missing. Edge vows to kill Frank Stiles, the man who peed in his pants.
Forty years later E
Aug 06, 2015 Delta rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire adventure romance fans
4.5 Vampire romance adventure stars!
☆~Stephanie ~☆
This is the first book I ever read from Maggie shayne and I was hooked on her books.she is one of my favorite authors!
Actual Rating 3.5

These book are very similar in style to the Black Dagger Brotherhood (but without the same punch). Each book surrounds a vampire couple (in this one it was Amber and Edge). The cast from the previous books all make appearances so you also continue with past storylines. It is a formula that is done so well (and so frequently) now, but this books gets brownie points from me as it was one of the pioneers of the genre (this was book 10 and it was written in 2004....well before the t
We continue the story of Amber Lily in book 10 of Wings in the Night. After the evens in book 8, her life has changed drastically. She has learned to be more independent and more dependent at the same time. She understands that she is something new and different. And while some will view that as something to be cherished and protected, others (like DPI) view it as a new subject to tear apart and figure out.

We also get to meet Edge - a young vampire (all things considered) that is set to find th
TRAMA: Un sogno ricorrente perseguita Amber Lily, un sogno che la affascina e la terrorizza insieme. Chi è il vampiro dai capelli biondi e dagli occhi infuocati che le regala una preziosa scatola intagliata? Lui le fa ribollire il sangue nelle vene, mentre il suo dono le trasforma il cuore in ghiaccio per il terrore. Perché? Al risveglio Amber non riesce mai a ricordarlo, tuttavia è un particolare troppo inquietante per poterlo ignorare. Morte. Chiunque lui sia, le porterà la morte. O forse la s ...more
Angelica and Jameson’s daughter, (the only half vampire/half human), the Child of Promise, Amber Lily is now 23 years old. Willem (human ex-soldier, married to vampire/gypsy Sarafina, saved Amber Lily) is dying of a brain tumor – with less than 6 months to live – Sarafina is devastated – as are all the rest… and Amber Lily has been having dreams of a gorgeous man, who gives her a gift in carved box , and she is horrified when she looks inside. And then she sees that it is an infant that is dead ...more
I enjoyed my first foray into Maggie Shayne's Twilight series. The story is quick, entertaining, a good way to wile away a few hours.

Edge, who seems almost a Spike clone, is an embittered vampire seeking revenge against the one who wronged his 'family'. In comes Amber Lily as his tool to exact his revenge. Only problem, he finds himself falling for her.

Sure, as in many Romance novels, the other characters are poorly developed -- and in this case, it really didn't matter. Spending too much time d
Feb 25, 2009 Britta rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kim
Recommended to Britta by: Gina Robichaud
What happens when the daughter of two vampires finally grows up? Love.

Jaded hearts ... broken spirits ... a PLAUSIBLE vampire pregnancy (i.e. not Breaking Dawn 's craptacular version of it - which almost reads like Stephenie Meyer read this and then went to work on her own novel). Where S. Meyer's dropped the ball, this series and this book run with it and score!

The only thing that I didn't like was that I couldn't picture Edge/Edgar in my mind at all. I can't remember if he wasn't described w
I loved this book. It is now my favorite of M. Shayne's Wings of Night series. Previously, Prince of Twilight was my favorite, but this one is just a little better. It is the story of 23 Amber Lynn and bad boy vamp, Edge. I was so sleepy I could hardly see the words, but I couldn't put this book down until I finished it. I started out only liking the series, but by the end I'm loving it. I would love for M.S. to continue the series. I'd love to find out what happens to Will. Hopefully, he doesn' ...more
Pat Cromwell
The first Maggie Shayne book I read. I know, I know, I have yet to read the first book of a series! I absolutely enjoyed this book and it made the previous books more interesting (for me that is rare). Our hero Edge and the princess of the series (my term) Amber Lily are a match made in heaven. I envy her getting pregnant and having babies at such rapid speed! If only ... the tie-in with the dreams and the births were on the edge of your seat intense. This is a good series when you consider the ...more
Keelynn Hardy
I had a good time reading this story. My first experience with Maggie Shayne's work was Born in Twilight, and I have to admit that I wasn't sure how I'd handle seeing Amber in a romantic role because of that. But this book actually does feel like a good follow up to the earlier story, while also blending in the characters and themes used in the books that took place during Amber's childhood. And Edge was an entertaining character throughout.

That said, I also couldn't keep myself from composing t
I take out this series every few years and reread it and catch up with any new additions. I just love Shayne's works.
I've read a couple of books by Maggie Shayne now and I really enjoy her writing style - it flows so smoothly.

EWdge of twilight is the story of Amber Lily, Half Vampire - Half Human, Known as the chosen one amongnst vampires.

Edge is a vamp on a mission of revenge. Seeking out the man (Stiles) who killed his "family".

It seems the only way to track down stiles is through Amber lily, as stiles is again after her (Having once kidnapped her before)

But this time Amber lily is after styles for her own p
Dawn Bailey
this is the first book of this series I read now I can't wait to read more
Bonnie Dee
awesome started reading this a few years ago and it never gets old
Jolene Downs
Love the wings in the Night series!
Book 12 of the "Wings in the Night" series (if you are reading them in chronological order that is). Great book! So.... you were waiting for the little girl born to two vampires (from Born in Twilight to grow up... well... here she is! She finally has her own story! You can't miss this one!

Amber Lily (the only half human and half vampire to be born, naturally, from two vampires) falls in love with Edgar "Edge" Poe. You will see lots of familiar faces in this book! And the big bad DPI is back...
Great read. Lots of unexpected twists in the plot. Intriguing interaction between all of the characters.
This book was a decent one. I feel like Maggie Shayne has grown up and written an honest to goodness book with a little romance thrown in there. Just enough bodice ripping to keep it interesting. The twists and turns were a nice surprise and now that DPI is officially gone, I am interested to see what other plot lines she has in store.
Brenda Hook
i love reading all of Maggie Shayne. each book is as good are better,no matter how many times i read them. this series brings you into a new world.
Eh, nothing to write home about but I did love the hero. He's sarcastic, funny, lovable, and has that smart ass attitude down to a T. The heroine was just a tad to bleh for me. I couldn't relate or feel her emotions at all. This was just a forgettable book. It was frankly hard to give this book 3 stars.
This is book 10 in the Wings In The Night series. It's your typical paranormal romance storyline with a lot of angst, but well written so it's enjoyable. There's sex in this series. I'm not sure if I want to read the whole series though.
I found this book to be interesting, thrilling, and touching all at the same time. This is not just a vampire story! MS did a great job making it fresh and keeping me interested. I can't wait to read more of the wings of night series.
I love this book. It's has to be 1 of my favourite. With Jamison, angel, edge and all the other family members. Does make me laugh with history repeating itself with the unplanned pregnancy. Great HEA and great action/suspense.
Tähän mennessä Yön siivet-sarjan parhain kirja. Mikä ei ole kovin hieno saavutus ottaen huomioon kuinka olen muita lukemiani osia arvostellut. Tässä juttu kantoi hyvin ja onnistui olemaan viihdyttävä.
Chinablue_25 West Bostedor
Of the Twilight books I have read all but Blue Twilight, and Prince of Twilight. So far Edge is my favorite. This story was by far the best one yet! I already love J.W. too! I love happy endings!
  • Strangers In The Night (includes Beyond Twilight - Wings in the Night, #4)
  • Night's Pleasure (Children of The Night, #4)
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
  • Night After Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #5)
  • A Taste of Darkness (Mackenzie Vampires, #3)
  • Kiss Me Forever / Love Me Forever (Forever Vampires #1-2)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more
More about Maggie Shayne...

Wings in the Night (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Twilight Phantasies (Wings in the Night, #1)
  • Twilight Memories (Wings in the Night, #2)
  • Twilight Illusions (Wings in the Night, #3)
  • Born In Twilight (Wings in the Night, #5)
  • Twilight Hunger (Wings in the Night, #7)
  • Embrace the Twilight (Wings in the Night, #8)
  • Before Blue Twilight (Wings in the night #10.5 - A prequel Novella)
  • Blue Twilight (Wings in the Night, #11)
  • Prince of Twilight (Wings in the Night #12)
  • Demon's Kiss (Wings in the Night #13)
An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Murphy Sisters, #1) Wild Thing (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon, #1.5; Guardians, #1.5) Weddings from Hell (Night Huntress, #1.5; Brotherhood of Blood, #3.5; Nicki Styx, #2.5) The Gingerbread Man The Littlest Cowboy (The Texas Brands #1)