Start by marking “A History of Music in Western Civilization: Fascinating Discussions by 15 Prominent Music Authorities, with Musical Examples” as Want to Read:

From anonymous 10th century troubadours to world-renowned 20th century composers, "A History of Music of the Western World" explores the roots of the most influential music genres of our time. Essential listening for students and lovers of great music, the collection includes stimulating discussions by 15 prominent music authorities, including Christopher Hogwood and Dr. ...more
Audio CD, 1 page
Published December 26th 1996 by HighBridge Company

To ask other readers questions about A History of Music in Western Civilization, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A History of Music in Western Civilization

Vicky Liu
Sep 25, 2011 Vicky Liu rated it liked it
I loved the format of this book. Being able to hear the musical exerpts right as it is being discussed is great. Although I enjoyed several of the segments like the one on the Baroque era and world instruments, some of the segments on modern and pop music focused too much on philosophy and culture rather than the music. So while I had a good time listening, I find it hard to recommend this to someone who is very new to music because many of the segments jump into the topic with not much ...more
Tom
Feb 21, 2016 Tom rated it liked it
A nice run through of all the blue chip composers. The audio book helped me conclude that I am most interested in romantic era piano compositions: Chopin, Liszt, DeBussy, Shubert, Mendelssohn, Brahms.
Erica
Pao
Jul 02, 2016 Pao added it
oiu
Lubitza Braikova
Lubitza Braikova rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2015
Carol Reid
Carol Reid rated it it was ok
Nov 20, 2016
Dennis
Dennis rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Adam Lund
Adam Lund rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2012
Oduor
Oduor added it
Aug 26, 2014
Ahmed Ibrahim
Ahmed Ibrahim marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Ezelwood
Ezelwood marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Evelyn
Evelyn added it
Apr 20, 2016
Jeazkhy
Jeazkhy marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Various is the correct author for any book with multiple unknown authors, and is acceptable for books with multiple known authors, especially if not all are known or the list is very long (over 50).

If an editor is known, however, Various is not necessary. List the name of the editor as the primary author (with role "editor"). Contributing authors' names follow it.

Note: WorldCat is an excellent res
More about Various...