Alinora

Alinora

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  625 ratings  ·  74 reviews
Lily had almost everything she ever wanted. Good friends, a nice house, a thriving career. The only thing missing was love. Until she started dreaming of a carefree romance every night. Her dreams were so vivid they made her doubt her sanity. Was too much time at the office forcing her stressed-out mind to create a retreat at night? Or were her dreams somehow... real?
Published September 7th 2009 by Kara Lockley (first published September 6th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Alinora, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alinora

Sasha
Alinora is about a young woman, Lily, whose real life is turning out nothing like she expected. It’s not fulfilling, and so she turns to the escape she creates in her dreams. And they are just that—dreams—or so she thinks. In this dreamland called Alinora, Lily encounters a handsome man with whom she immediately falls in love, and he with her. But is Alinora really more than it seems?

I don’t mean to be blunt in this review, but I don’t think it can be helped… so I guess I’ll get right to it. Th...more
Ronda  Tutt
Mona
In this forty-eight page short story, Kara Lockley has given us a complete fantasy in which Lily owns her own highly successful interior decorating business, but her personal life is barren. Her adoptive parents are dead and she’s all alone in the world. She’d like to fall in love and have a family, but can’t seem to meet the right man.

Lily moves into her new house at the edge of a wild forest, and begins to dream at night of another world called Alinora where everything is perfect. It’s in this...more
Maranda
I'm not sure about this one yet. The writing is a bit odd....

I'll update when I'm finished. I think it might take a bit to get through, though. :(

Update: (sort of spoilers)

I finished this tonight. And I have to say, I was not impressed. At all.
It's not very often I read a book (in this case, short story) and say "Wow, that sucked". And I actually hate wanting to say that now. I think this could have had some really good potential but the author just didn't work it out. The writing was choppy an...more
Andrea
Alinora is a short story full of romance and fantasy. Lily the main character is a workaholic and once she moves into her new house built in the middle of the woods, she starts dreaming. These dreams are vivid, real, and Caleb the man of her dreams, literally, induces her carefree romance that every time she dreams occurs. But problems start as her retreat becomes literal in the real world. And from there Caleb and Lily's romance becomes complicated. Alinora is a great short romance to read, I l...more
Sarah French
An interesting concept for sure, and a pretty good story too.
Maryanne
Awesome , loved it....

Karen
I liked this book but I could only give it two stars due to the fact that it is in serious need of editing. It's a good story but the writing is at about a grade 9 level. I was almost turned off from the book right from the first page because of this but I wanted to give it an honest try. Thank goodness it was a short story, I would have been hard pressed to finish it if it had been a full length novel.
Shannon Renee
What a terribly written book! Keeping up my New Years Resolution to clear off my Nook, this was one of those freebies that I picked up.

While I liked the general plot, it was so poorly written, so repetitive, so choppy, so badly holed I can't believe this was ever published.
Diamond (kindle lover)
Clarissa
I quite enjoyed the twist in this book between one reality and the other. It was quite a lovely break from traditional romance novels. The fact that it was a short story, Ms. Lockley got right into the heart of it, without multiple pages of ramblings of how muscly the man was or how homely the woman "thought" she was.
Kristal
The idea for the story was good, but the author did not build any of her characters. I thought this was a novel, but was dissappointed to find it is actually a short story. The story line was very predictable, and I had a really hard time getting used to the author's chopping writing style.
Joyce Gilham
This book was ok. Just okay. The intentions of the author were good and I could see where the story could have headed but... it didn't. Ms. Lockley tried to write a good story but she was too wordy. She probably could have shaved 5 pages off. Sometimes too much isn't always a good thing.
Shawna
I'm not one to rate a book poorly..I can normally find something I like about a book somewhere but I must say this was not worth the read. Thank goodness I got this for free otherwise I would be even more disappointed than I am now. I wouldn't even bother recommending this to anyone I know.
Kristyn Morgan
This was seriously the dumbest book ever. The plot moved ahead at lightening speed--and I don't mean that as a compliment. There was no development of character or setting although I think the underlying story could have been a really captivating one. The end was abrupt and so cheesy.
Phyllis Swain
Imaginary dream world that co-exists with real world.
Avid
Short and sweet. Ive gotta admit, the rape aspects brought about this book made it pretty scary but it was a cute romance and mystery / paranormalstory thay was worth the time. A quick romance that leaves you wanting to know more if you hadnt finished reading it. I read it in one sitting.
Claire
I keep feeling relieved that this was a short story because I am not sure that I could have handled more than 58 pages. The idea was so over the top that I couldn't really appreciate it. I kept thinking "yeah right". Which is frustrating when you want to enjoy a story.
Robyn
This was a quick 1 hour read that I really enjoyed. I really wish there was more to this alternate reality romance short story. The author should consider at least making a whole book from this idea. I would really like to know what happens to the couple.
Nicole
This was a nice fiarly short story about life and romance with a little bit of fantasy to make it all come together. I would recommend for anyone who enjoys a steamy romance(but would only give it maybe a 2 out of 5 on steaminess).
Belinda
What a wonderful book. Not at all what I expected. Sometimes I think that romance novels/stories are 'fantasy'. This story was both. It was a pleasant surprise. A MUST read! I highly recommend this book to anyone.
Aimee
Freebie from B&N. It was a quick little romance that I thought would do well as a full length novel. If it had time for a little more character developement and world building, It would have potential to be awesome.
Susie Pomponi
This was a cute, short romantic, fantasy story. It was similar to Cecilia Ahearn's "If You Could See Me Now." It would be a good read for a plane or train ride (or in my case, trying to fall asleep late at night!)
Shelley
This one was a B&N freebie so I read it today at work in between stuff. It was sweet and cute and a good length. Sometimes it is nice to have a quick completely unreal love story to read. I enjoyed it.
Me123chan
It has a unique theme, I said.
I love the idea of 'the other dimension'.
Very appealing actually.

Like I want to go there too.
Coz, how she describe it makes it so wonderful.

I really enjoy this book.
Marla
A sweet little read, though there wasn't as much substance to the characters as there could have been had this been a full-length novel. It is an interesting plot, however. It might make a nice novel.
Rachel Everett
The plot of the story is rather interesting. I would have liked to see it with more depth to it. Other than that, it a decent short story. It doesn't hurt that it was a free read on my nook.
Reba Dom
Wow I am so proud of myself for getting thru this whole story because it was boring, pointless, passionless, and ridiculous. The man was a wuss in real life it seemed and the heroine was a flake.
Taylor
I read the 207 page ebook.

I really enjoyed this story. It was different. I was surprised by the story. I liked the main character & I was intrigued by Alinora. It sounds amazing!
  • Alison
  • The Labyrinth
  • The Vanishing
  • Black Silk
  • Hysteria
  • Golde the Mother (Lost Tales of Mercia, #1)
  • Lovely
  • The Glades
  • After Dark
  • Better Late Than Never (Adrianna's, #2)
  • Change of Heart
  • Northfield
  • A Lesson in Passion
  • Free to Die
  • Advertising for Love
  • Evergreen A Christmas Tale
  • Fairytale (Fairies of Rush, #1)
  • Pixie's Passion (Moonlight and Magic, #4)