Start by marking “Alinora” as Want to Read:
Alinora

Alinora

Lily had almost everything she ever wanted. Good friends, a nice house, a thriving career. The only thing missing was love. Until she started dreaming of a carefree romance every night. Her dreams were so vivid they made her doubt her sanity. Was too much time at the office forcing her stressed-out mind to create a retreat at night? Or were her dreams somehow... real?
Published September 7th 2009 by Kara Lockley (first published September 6th 2009)

Sasha
Alinora is about a young woman, Lily, whose real life is turning out nothing like she expected. It’s not fulfilling, and so she turns to the escape she creates in her dreams. And they are just that—dreams—or so she thinks. In this dreamland called Alinora, Lily encounters a handsome man with whom she immediately falls in love, and he with her. But is Alinora really more than it seems?

I don’t mean to be blunt in this review, but I don’t think it can be helped… so I guess I’ll get right to it. Th
gracie (gladiatorglory)
Actual rating 3.5. love the creativity of this short story, but the grammar and insta-love that happened with the book was annoying. But the originality of the book is what kept me reading!!!
Ronda  Tutt
Jul 02, 2010 Ronda Tutt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mona
Aug 22, 2011 Mona rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, pnr
In this forty-eight page short story, Kara Lockley has given us a complete fantasy in which Lily owns her own highly successful interior decorating business, but her personal life is barren. Her adoptive parents are dead and she’s all alone in the world. She’d like to fall in love and have a family, but can’t seem to meet the right man.

Lily moves into her new house at the edge of a wild forest, and begins to dream at night of another world called Alinora where everything is perfect. It’s in this
Maranda
Jan 02, 2011 Maranda rated it did not like it
I'm not sure about this one yet. The writing is a bit odd....

I'll update when I'm finished. I think it might take a bit to get through, though. :(

Update: (sort of spoilers)

I finished this tonight. And I have to say, I was not impressed. At all.
It's not very often I read a book (in this case, short story) and say "Wow, that sucked". And I actually hate wanting to say that now. I think this could have had some really good potential but the author just didn't work it out. The writing was choppy an
Andrea
Jun 26, 2010 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Alinora is a short story full of romance and fantasy. Lily the main character is a workaholic and once she moves into her new house built in the middle of the woods, she starts dreaming. These dreams are vivid, real, and Caleb the man of her dreams, literally, induces her carefree romance that every time she dreams occurs. But problems start as her retreat becomes literal in the real world. And from there Caleb and Lily's romance becomes complicated. Alinora is a great short romance to read, I l ...more
Karen
Sep 05, 2011 Karen rated it it was ok
I liked this book but I could only give it two stars due to the fact that it is in serious need of editing. It's a good story but the writing is at about a grade 9 level. I was almost turned off from the book right from the first page because of this but I wanted to give it an honest try. Thank goodness it was a short story, I would have been hard pressed to finish it if it had been a full length novel.
Diamond (kindle lover)
Aug 29, 2011 Diamond (kindle lover) rated it really liked it
Clarissa
Aug 29, 2012 Clarissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I quite enjoyed the twist in this book between one reality and the other. It was quite a lovely break from traditional romance novels. The fact that it was a short story, Ms. Lockley got right into the heart of it, without multiple pages of ramblings of how muscly the man was or how homely the woman "thought" she was.
Marla
A sweet little read, though there wasn't as much substance to the characters as there could have been had this been a full-length novel. It is an interesting plot, however. It might make a nice novel.
Claire
Mar 09, 2011 Claire rated it did not like it
I keep feeling relieved that this was a short story because I am not sure that I could have handled more than 58 pages. The idea was so over the top that I couldn't really appreciate it. I kept thinking "yeah right". Which is frustrating when you want to enjoy a story.
Nicole
This was a nice fiarly short story about life and romance with a little bit of fantasy to make it all come together. I would recommend for anyone who enjoys a steamy romance(but would only give it maybe a 2 out of 5 on steaminess).
Kristyn Morgan
Aug 08, 2012 Kristyn Morgan rated it did not like it
This was seriously the dumbest book ever. The plot moved ahead at lightening speed--and I don't mean that as a compliment. There was no development of character or setting although I think the underlying story could have been a really captivating one. The end was abrupt and so cheesy.
Shelley
Feb 04, 2010 Shelley rated it liked it
This one was a B&N freebie so I read it today at work in between stuff. It was sweet and cute and a good length. Sometimes it is nice to have a quick completely unreal love story to read. I enjoyed it.
Aimee
Freebie from B&N. It was a quick little romance that I thought would do well as a full length novel. If it had time for a little more character developement and world building, It would have potential to be awesome.
Belinda
Jan 29, 2013 Belinda rated it really liked it
What a wonderful book. Not at all what I expected. Sometimes I think that romance novels/stories are 'fantasy'. This story was both. It was a pleasant surprise. A MUST read! I highly recommend this book to anyone.
Susie Pomponi
Jan 11, 2011 Susie Pomponi rated it liked it
This was a cute, short romantic, fantasy story. It was similar to Cecilia Ahearn's "If You Could See Me Now." It would be a good read for a plane or train ride (or in my case, trying to fall asleep late at night!)
Avid
Dec 16, 2012 Avid rated it liked it
Short and sweet. Ive gotta admit, the rape aspects brought about this book made it pretty scary but it was a cute romance and mystery / paranormalstory thay was worth the time. A quick romance that leaves you wanting to know more if you hadnt finished reading it. I read it in one sitting.
Summaiya
This book had a great story but the characters seemed flat and the narration was done in such a dispassionate manner that the people in the book didn't seem real. I didn't feel any emotional connection with them and consequently was uninterested in what fate would befall them.

It was boring.
Me123chan
Jun 12, 2012 Me123chan rated it really liked it
It has a unique theme, I said.
I love the idea of 'the other dimension'.
Very appealing actually.

Like I want to go there too.
Coz, how she describe it makes it so wonderful.

I really enjoy this book.
Shannon Renee
Dec 30, 2013 Shannon Renee rated it did not like it
What a terribly written book! Keeping up my New Years Resolution to clear off my Nook, this was one of those freebies that I picked up.

While I liked the general plot, it was so poorly written, so repetitive, so choppy, so badly holed I can't believe this was ever published.
Joyce Mannarino
Dec 23, 2010 Joyce Mannarino rated it it was ok
Shelves: nook-book
This book was ok. Just okay. The intentions of the author were good and I could see where the story could have headed but... it didn't. Ms. Lockley tried to write a good story but she was too wordy. She probably could have shaved 5 pages off. Sometimes too much isn't always a good thing.
Robyn
Feb 06, 2013 Robyn rated it really liked it
This was a quick 1 hour read that I really enjoyed. I really wish there was more to this alternate reality romance short story. The author should consider at least making a whole book from this idea. I would really like to know what happens to the couple.
Shawna
I'm not one to rate a book poorly..I can normally find something I like about a book somewhere but I must say this was not worth the read. Thank goodness I got this for free otherwise I would be even more disappointed than I am now. I wouldn't even bother recommending this to anyone I know.
Kristal
Jan 20, 2011 Kristal rated it it was ok
The idea for the story was good, but the author did not build any of her characters. I thought this was a novel, but was dissappointed to find it is actually a short story. The story line was very predictable, and I had a really hard time getting used to the author's chopping writing style.
Lacey Triche
Jul 08, 2011 Lacey Triche rated it did not like it
It was just a weird premise, throughout. I don't think that the writing flowed together at all. I was just confused all throughout.
Jay
Jan 31, 2012 Jay rated it it was ok
predictable, vaguely boring. unless you are getting it for free, i wouldn't bother.
Maryanne
Feb 12, 2014 Maryanne rated it it was amazing
Awesome , loved it....

Rebecca Carson
May 17, 2011 Rebecca Carson rated it it was amazing
I liked this story. I think it could have been a lot longer!
Kbee
Aug 02, 2012 Kbee rated it liked it
Cute short love story. To smoochy at times, but what the heck the end was fast and sweet.
  • Alison
  • Black Silk
  • The Labyrinth
  • The Hands of the Buddha
  • The Vanishing (Return of the Aliens #1)
  • Lovely
  • Shakespeare In an Hour
  • Cain's Apples
  • Golde the Mother (Lost Tales of Mercia, #1)
  • Better Late Than Never (Adrianna's, #2)
  • Puppy Dog Tales
  • Mortal Ghost
  • Hysteria
  • The Glades
  • Rolling in the Deep (Hawaiian Heroes Book 2)
  • Eye of the Storm (sequel to ''Resurrection'')
  • Fairytale (Fairies of Rush, #1)
  • Life Blood