Start by marking “Confessions from the Principal's Chair” as Want to Read:
Confessions from the Principal's Chair

Confessions from the Principal's Chair

In Denver, Robin (a.ka. Bird) is in with the cool clique. They wear the same clothes, talk the same way, and pick on the same girls. But when her Mom hears about a cruel prank against a less popular girl, she isn't going to tolerate the Queen Bee behavior. Within 24 hours, she pulls up stakes and moves them both to Prairie Dog, Oklahoma. Bird is positively furious, and ...more
Published August 22nd 2006 by Walker Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Confessions from the Principal's Chair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions from the Principal's Chair

Taylor
Feb 23, 2011 Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This amazing book, "Confessions from the Proncipals Chair" by Anna Meyers is 199 pages of comedy. It starts out when Bird (a.k.a.- Robin) moves to a new town away from her 5 friends. She is very upset, she in her way, protests to her mother. When they go shopping for new clothes Bird picks out a couple of siuts. She writes a fake note saying she was kiddnapped and this woman wasn't her mother, it was just because she wasn't acting the way Bird wanted her to. But then, the sheriff finds sthis ...more
Yeon Jin
Feb 02, 2013 Yeon Jin rated it it was amazing
This book was so exciting. Same name with principal that 14 year old girl became a president and learned about how bad is bullying. We can learn and think in this book><
Kristi
Dec 05, 2007 Kristi rated it liked it
Recommends it for: middle schoolers
booktalk:

Living in Denver, 8th grader Robin aka Bird is finally part of a cool clique of girls who call themselves “the 6-pack”. They wear the same clothes, talk the same way, and pick on the not-so-popular girls. Bird doesn’t actually enjoy being mean, but in order to keep her place in the 6 pack she is expected to participate in some pretty horrible antics against any girl seen as a loser. When Bird’s Mom hears about a particularily cruel prank that the 6 pack pull against a girl named Marcy,
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

Who knew that pulling a prank could lead you to sit in the principal's chair? That's right, the chair that faces the good and mostly bad students. For Robin, or Bird, as everyone else calls her, it may have been the best thing that could have happened to her.

It all began when Bird's mother had decided that it was time for them to move again, so Bird could live a different life. This decision only happened because Bird and her
Nothing
Mar 22, 2012 Nothing rated it liked it
My comment to Scott says it all, ut I'll re-state it here.
I thought this book was... okay. It had a good message. But it was... just totally unrealistic. I was willing to suspend my belief that this 14 year old girl could strut in to the office & pass as principal, even if just for 2 days.
But even after suspending my disbelief on that, Bird's character development was almost MORE unrealistic! She starts off totally hating the idea of breaking free of Ivory's dictatorship, starting over in
Corina J
Feb 26, 2014 Corina J rated it it was amazing
Scott
Mar 12, 2012 Scott rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: an editor for more revisions
Recommended to Scott by: store shelves
This book started off okay and got worse as it progressed.

The writing is the first two chapters was good, except there was way more backstory than I wanted to hear. I couldn't wait to get on with the part where the main character Bird gets to be principal.

Once the book got there, the writing got worse. I would really have liked to see Bird do her best to keep up the act as school principal. Instead, she acted like a first grader. Every time Bird did something stupid, I felt like the writer had d
Lisa Nocita
Jun 23, 2008 Lisa Nocita rated it really liked it
Thirteen-year-old Robin "Bird" Miller has been uprooted and transplanted in the small town of Prairie Dog Town, Oklahoma. What was her mother thinking? Bird is sure that her mother has lost her mind. And she was definitely overreacting to the little prank she and her friends, known as the 6 pack, had pulled in school. Why when her mother picked her up from the Principal's office that day she had driven them straight to the store to buy moving boxes. They had left the next morning! Although Bird ...more
Kate McCartney
Feb 01, 2008 Kate McCartney rated it really liked it
Shelves: jfiction
A very good book about girl bullying.

Bird's mother pulls her out of school and moves her to a very small town in Oklahama after her eighth grade group "The six-packs" tease another girl. When Bird shows up for her first day of school she is mistaken as the temporary Principal who no one if the building has meet yet. From the other side of the Principal's desk Bird sees the other side of girl bullying and starts to feel bad about what she did before. She has two days as the principal to try and t
Jessica Neises
Feb 08, 2014 Jessica Neises rated it it was amazing
I recently read Confessions from the Principal���s Chair by Anne Meyers. This book is about a girl called Robin Miller, but to everyone else her nickname is Bird. At her middle school she is at home with a group of girls called the Six Pack. Their leader is the most popular girl in the school, and everybody knows she shouldn���t be messed with. But another classmate constantly gets on her nerves and the Six Pack plan a horrible prank on her. Bird���s mom gets fed up with her bad behaviors, and ...more
Abby Johnson
Nov 14, 2009 Abby Johnson rated it liked it
After the incident with Marcy, Bird's mom decides they need a new start and whisks her off to small-town Oklahoma, far away from her queen bee friends who call themselves The Six-Pack. When Bird enters her new middle school and is mistaken for the new interim principal, she decides to have fun with it while she can. Along the way she learns a thing or two about bullying.

The title is enough to sell this book to middle schoolers and the humor will win them over. I found the writing to be somewhat
Lawrence
Oct 23, 2013 Lawrence rated it liked it
This 2006 MGer is clever and fun, even though it suffers from being overly pedagogical. It's the (unlikely) story of a 14-year-old girl moving to a new town and being mistaken for the new pricipal of her middle school. She takes the job and learns much about herself in the process, while making great strides in ending bullying, at least in regard to one girl. She also sets up a new relationship with a gorgeous young man in a romantic subplot that is even more strained than the principal one. ...more
Abigail Alfonso
Oct 23, 2011 Abigail Alfonso rated it really liked it
Confessions from the principal's chair was a very funny and hilarious book. I enjoyed it so much because it entertained me on occasions that I need to get away from so many things. Confessions from the principal's chair talks about this girl name Bird that moved from school by her mother because she was been a bully to this girl in her previous school. They moved to a different country also! Well, when she gets there,a lot of hilarious events start to happen when she arrives to the new town that ...more
Michele Wen
Mar 19, 2012 Michele Wen rated it really liked it
this book had such a different plot. it's about a young teenage girl whose mother makes her leave her whole life behind and move to a whole new place. she doesn't exactly start to fit in with the people at her new school. instead of being a student, she is mistaken for a substitute principal. and she decides to take the chance and play the principle's role for a while. she doesn't get caught for so long, but later on she meets a boy and a situation where she finally decides to reveal her true ...more
Vona
Apr 18, 2012 Vona rated it really liked it
Shelves: grade-6-books
I really enjoyed this book! It was about a girl name Robin Miller, who was lack of sense of self by involving in the "gang" of girls. Then, when her mother decides to move to a small town in Oklahoma, she goes to a totally new middle school, and end up being sub-principal for two days! It was a story that also showed how we should stop bullying, and I think I also learned a lot of things from the book.
Margaret
Nov 22, 2008 Margaret rated it it was amazing
This book intrigued me. It realistically described what a 13 year old girl feels when mad at her Mom. And it was described something that I'm sure kids have dreamed of, being the principal for 3 days. Prairie Dog, OK is fictional, but it's very much what most little towns in Oklahoma are like. This book absolutely deserves the William Allen White award, and in fact I would give it a Newberry. It's a great book.
Jenny
Sep 08, 2011 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen, funny
Robin "Bird" Miller and her mom have moved from Denver to Prairie Dog City, OK because Robin was picking on a girl at her old school, so her mom moved her abruptly. Robin is dreading her first day, and to sabotage it she wears a suit to school. She is mistaken for the new principal. What would you do if you ran the school for two days?
Jodi
Feb 07, 2010 Jodi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
This was a really cute book about an eigth grader who moves to another town. She almosts gets her mom arrested and acts like principal for a couple of days in a small town school. Then gets it filmed when the truth comes out.
Charlotte
Nov 05, 2008 Charlotte rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: mostly girls, but boys might like it as a quick read too.
Recommended to Charlotte by: Mr. Jacobs
This book is being a read aloud to our class. I really like it because the storyline is keeping my interest. I am always left wondering on the weekends what will happen when they find out that this 8th grader isn't the real principal.
Lacey
Sep 19, 2016 Lacey rated it liked it
A very funny and imaginative story where mistaken identity leads to a rather unusual adventure. Robin becomes principal of her new school for a few days and a crazy time ensues! A fun, enjoyable read.
Kristen
Aug 15, 2010 Kristen rated it it was ok
It was cute. A nice story about an 8th grade girl who learns, through her two-day stint as principal, the consequences of bullying. Totally far-fetched, but still really cute. A good light read when you need one!
The
Jun 01, 2010 The rated it did not like it
I enjoy middle-grade fiction as a genre. This novel, though, is not my favorite. I think kids expect more from what they read than this novel offers. It wraps up like a 30-minute sitcom where everyone gets exactly what they want, and they all go home happy. Bleh.
Tracie
Jul 26, 2007 Tracie rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: gr. 5-8 girls
The author got the voice of this character right for the most part, but I never bought in to her getting away with being principal. Overall the story was too simplistic but I appreciated everything tied up nicely at the end.
Josie M.
Aug 05, 2014 Josie M. rated it really liked it
Felt the main chaacter started bratty but did develop througout the book. The story was interesting and I like how themes and messages were tied ito it.
Suzanne
Jul 11, 2011 Suzanne rated it really liked it
The first 60 pages are a bit slow, but then the book really takes off. Might use this as a read aloud next year. Really good points about bullying that are done well.
Johanna Lomuljo
Apr 25, 2011 Johanna Lomuljo rated it really liked it
i read this after reading Assassin, also by Anna Myers. galing niya. kaya historical fiction, comedy, lahat. idol
Bryan457
May 15, 2011 Bryan457 rated it liked it
Shelves: juv-ya
A funny and enjoyable book in which an eighth grade girl gets mistaken for the substitute principle and milks the situation for all she can for two days.
Nikita
BWAHAHAH. I got this book when I was much younger, and I've read it at least 6 times. Sometimes I even read it now with nostalgia. It's absolutely hilarious.
Anne Marie
Sep 21, 2009 Anne Marie rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-school
This book was just okay. It was good to see a once bully learn from her mistakes, but it was over-the-top and not realistic. A kid's escapist read, I guess.
  • Gossip Times Three
  • Remembering Mrs. Rossi
  • A Fair to Remember (Camp Confidential, #13)
  • Twenty Pageants Later
  • The Girls' Revenge (Boy/Girl Battle, #4)
  • Hide and Seek (Spy X, #2)
  • Spying on Miss Muller
  • Only Emma
  • The Great Mom Swap
  • Moxy Maxwell Does Not Love Stuart Little
  • Two Times the Fun
  • Me Oh Maya (Time Warp Trio, #13)
  • Ten Ways To Make My Sister Disappear
  • Best Friends (Main Street, #4)
  • Room One: A Mystery or Two
  • The Secret of the Forgotten Cave (Nancy Drew, #134)
  • The Four Dorothys
  • School, Drool, and Other Daily Disasters (Justin Case, #1)