Start by marking “El electrón es zurdo y otros ensayos científicos” as Want to Read:
El electrón es zurdo y otros ensayos científicos

El electrón es zurdo y otros ensayos científicos

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  201 ratings  ·  18 reviews
This book does not answer all your questions, but it does takes care of a wide range of them. In seventeen complete and witty discussions, Isaac Asimov talks about six of his favorite problems.

What's so special-chemically-about water? Was Shakespeare's science any good? Are yin and yang valid scientific principles? Maybe these aren't the questions that keep you up at night
Published November 28th 2005 by Alianza (first published 1972)

Be the first to ask a question about El electrón es zurdo y otros ensayos científicos

Ariadna73
Siempre es un placer leer a alguien que te explica todo tan fácil que lo puedes entender. Es un placer leer a Asimov en cualquiera de sus manifestaciones. Te enseña y te entretiene. Me encanta.
Freakball
proves that azimov can make physics interesting--and fuck with your head
Avi
One thing I love about Asimov's science writing is that even when he discusses something I know a lot about, like prime numbers, he manages to explain it in a way I've never thought about before. He also manages to relate the gay marriage argument (in 1971!) to CPT symmetry violation in quantum mechanics.

I never know what I'm going to get into in one of these books.
Rob
Please see my review of X Stands for Unknown ([http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/98...]) for general comments on Isaac Asimov's science essays.

The great strength of this collection of essays, from The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, October 1970 through February 1972, is the opening series of five essays culminating in a hypothesis for why living organisms synthesize and use almost exclusively the L-isomers of amino acids. Asimov begins with a survey of laws of "parity" in physics, in
Matias
Como siempre un placer leerlo al doctor Asimov. En este caso en particular los ensayos tienen mucho que ver con propiedades atomicas y comportamientos de ciertos compuestos frente a distintas experiencias. Ademas hay varios ensayos sobre el agua y geometria Euclidiana. Como siempre estan los comentarios al pie de pagina que acotan datos anecdoticos o explicaciones sobre el tema del que esta hablando.
Holly
This is my first Isaac Asimov book, I don't know what's taken me so long. A collection of previously printed essays from the 1970's about science, history, mathematics, religion, politics and observations and anecdotes about life. I felt like I spent the last couple weeks with him, I'll definitely be reading more. My favorite was the Eureka!/Archimedes chapter about how we achieve breakthroughs.
Danielle
Only Asimov could make the most mundane and the most complicated concepts in science so entertaining and understandable. His science fiction is great, but his essays are like sitting down for a drink with one of the most interesting people you could meet. While the topics of the essays in this collection vary greatly, they augment each other so nicely that you can't help but feel like you've caught a thread of the universe. I highly recommend Isaac Asimov's essays, especially if you have little ...more
Remo
Este libro me lo regaló mi profesor de física y química en COU, y creo que no se lo podré agradecer lo suficiente. Es un conjunto de 17 ensayos escritos por el viejo maestro sobre los más diversos temas, aunque abundan los relacionados con la quiralidad y las definiciones de izquierda y derecha en el cosmos. Un libro impresionante, grandísima introducción a la ciencia, como casi todos los de IA. Obra maestra.
David Evans
Asimov was so remarkable! He wrote on subjects anyone would avoid because they seem dull (like mathematical theory, calendars, and the formation of crystals) and made them so interesting it becomes hard to put the book down. Every chapter seems to be a different, unrelated subject, until you get most of the way through the book, then it all comes together. A fun read.
Ron Francis
I vividly recall reading this book during my university years, and was blown away by Asimov's ability to take the tiniest details and nuances of our physical world and create a page-turner to rival any work of fiction.
Keith Bell
Another awesome collection of Asimov's Science essays. From the asymmetry of the universe and proteins to Euclid and onto over-population. Fascinating reads that stimulate and titillate.
Marisa
I loved the last two parts of the book, the first part was a little to complicated for me.
Michael
Massively cool. Read this, THEN read Godel Escher Bach.
Belmont

El electrón es zurzo y otros ensayos científicos
AndrewP
Collection of essays and magazine articles
Heather
May 09, 2012 Heather marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, science
Recommended in Jo Walton's "Among Others."
JT
JT marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Athena
Athena marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Mind Eater
Mind Eater marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Alysa
Alysa marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
D.A
D.A added it
Apr 18, 2015
Kim Brookes
Kim Brookes marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
  • Times Without Number
  • Warm Worlds and Otherwise
  • The Last Starship from Earth
  • Empire Star
  • Hello Summer, Goodbye
  • A Touch of Strange
  • Born with the Dead
  • This Star Shall Abide (Children of the Star, #1)
  • A Dream of Wessex
  • Ensign Flandry (Flandry, #1)
  • The Flight of the Horse
  • Gate of Ivrel (Morgaine & Vanye, #1)
  • Telempath
  • An Old Captivity
  • Pilgrimage: The Book of the People (The People)
  • The Greeks
  • Red Shift
  • Turbulent Mirror: An Illustrated Guide to Chaos Theory and the Science of Wholeness

Professor Asimov is generally considered the most prolific writer of all time, having written or edited more than 500 books and an estimated 90,000 letters and postcards. He has works published in nine of the te
More about Isaac Asimov...
Foundation (Foundation, #1) I, Robot (Robot, #0.1) Foundation and Empire (Foundation, #2) Second Foundation (Foundation, #3) The Foundation Trilogy (Foundation, #1-3)