Start by marking “Room for Children: Stylish Spaces for Sleep and Play” as Want to Read:
Room for Children: Stylish Spaces for Sleep and Play

Room for Children: Stylish Spaces for Sleep and Play

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The first book to present excellent design for children’s rooms, these unique spaces are created by well-known designers, parents, and often even the kids themselves.

Proving that good design is not just for the rest of the house, Room for Children takes children’s spaces with creative seriousness. Whether for a newborn, toddler, or teenager, the rooms shown here enrich the
Published April 20th 2010 by Rizzoli (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Room for Children, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Room for Children

Ingrid
Not only does this book have a vast selection of design ideas and tips, Susanna Salk also sensitively points out how important a child's space is and have the potential to help a child define who they are in this world. I also think it cool Salk included the Novogratz's since I was a fan of their work from 9 By Design. While I don't necessarily like all the designs featured, I like the explanation and thought behind them.
Heather
I liked this book - some of the rooms were very grown up, some very juvenile, some messy, some neat. Lots of color, lots of styles (modern, traditional, and all places in between), and lots of ideas for anyone trying to figure out how to accommodate kids and their stuff while still making it look nice.
Pretty comprehensive book giving quite a range of design. But tended towards the modern, grown-up kind of aesthetic.
Still, I wish I had it as a coffee table book to give a little inspiration now and then.
Christina
I don't know if I'll use any of the ideas that I saw in the book - I thought a lot of it was so over the top, but the book was beautiful and I found it inspiring.
Linda
Linda added it
Feb 22, 2015
Ng Kok yang
Ng Kok yang marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Yeonsu Lee
Yeonsu Lee marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Dina
Dina marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Monica Bathija
Monica Bathija marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Hilary Matafali
Hilary Matafali marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Saurav
Saurav marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Cherry Mận
Cherry Mận marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Sarah Cole
Sarah Cole marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Lama Alsulaiman
Lama Alsulaiman marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2013
Ipsita Roy
Ipsita Roy marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2013
Mathabo
Mathabo marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Deepika Agarwal
Deepika Agarwal marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013
Megha
Megha marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Lis Negreiros
Lis Negreiros marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2013
Kawalpreet
Kawalpreet marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
A Privileged Life: Celebrating Wasp Style Be Your Own Decorator: Taking Inspiration and Cues from Today's Top Designers Decorate Fearlessly: Using Whimsy, Confidence, and a Dash of Surprise to Create Deeply Personal Spaces C.Z. Guest: American Style Icon Weekend Retreats