Unzipped: An Urban Erotic Tale

Unzipped: An Urban Erotic Tale

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  521 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Have you ever had everything you love snatched from your hands in the blink of an eye? Do you know what it’s like to watch helplessly as those you cherish burn to a crisp? Have you ever heard a mournful cry for street justice and then realized that the only person left to heed the call was you?

Pearl Baines is a straight Harlem stunna. She and her twin sister, Diamond, are...more
Published March 23rd 2010 by One World/Ballantine

The Cartel by Ashley AntoinetteEvery Thug Needs a Lady by Wahida ClarkTrue to the Game by Teri WoodsThugs and the Women Who Love Them by Wahida ClarkThe Dopeman's Wife by JaQuavis Coleman
THE BEST URBAN FICTION EVER
22nd out of 119 books — 125 voters
G-Spot by NoireThe Coldest Winter Ever by Sister SouljahAddicted by ZaneStripping Asjiah by Sa'Rese ThompsonEvery Thug Needs a Lady by Wahida Clark
Best Urban Fiction
46th out of 172 books — 273 voters

More lists with this book...

K.augustine
Fraternal twins Diamond and Pearl Baines were never much alike, and any similitude ceased once they both got pregnant at only fourteen years of age. Pearl decided she wanted to make her father proud and poured herself into school work while Diamond refused to pick herself up by her boot straps. Their parents stepped up for both teens equally when it came to raising their seeds, but only Pearl positively took full advantage of it while they encouraged her to excel in her education. Diamond on the...more
Dee Cherry
Jun 21, 2014 Dee Cherry rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: urban-fiction
Robin Strain

I've read several books by the author and with the fast pace, violence, and sex I can't put the books down.
What is different about this book though is the heroine of the book never meets a degrading, violent fate that seems to happen in several of the other books. I was even holding my breath, bracing for that scene.
So glad that it didn't happen in this book and she got to deliver her revenge with a righteous viciousness.
And the sex. Can't describe you just have to read for yourself.

Sonia Brewster
Definately an urban book. The best part of the book for me was the way the sista handled her bizness. All the extra-curricular activities before, during and after were something indeed. I'm not sure how I came to be in possession of this book, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to read it. Good read.
Dedra
unzipped was a very interesting book i liked it because it kept you guessing and there where a lot of emotional rollercosters throughout the book but i liked it a lot and i think the author Noire did his thing when he put this book together.
Melyssa
Diamond and Pearl two hearts one world, you are my Diamond and you are my Pearl..... That is the true bond of sister's. Pearl shows no matter what hood and education are a motha. Nothing like a women scorned.
Genevieve Works
it was wild and crazy...but some parts it slowed down and I found my self skipping pages .... there were some pretty deep parts...you really felt Pearls anguish ..
My-my
I loved this book. After reading some of Noire's other books and being disappointed I felt like Noire redeemed herself with this one.
Michelle
She said it was not a love-story and it wasn't. Wow to the hood life. Was glad for the positive ending after so much death.
Glenda
Another page turner from Noire!! This was the 2d book of hers that I've read and It was a crazy ride just like the first one!!
Ladana Ballard
One of my favorites. However, it's very heartbreaking. But it was dark and sinful, yet adventurous and vivid.
Tyffany Smith
strong plot .... mysteries to be solved. revenge will be tooken. very well written. noire has done it again .
Kate Ramsey
If there were no sex scenes, only plot, the book would only be 20 pages. Got me all hot and bothered.
Teresa Peterson
Very nice. Had some dry parts but they were very descriptive the action parts. I liked it.
Terri-Ale Sanders
Pretty good book. I like she got revenge for her family and let the other mothers get in on it too.
Melinda
Gripping urban book, the erotica parts were ok but some college could've been left out.
Rhonda C. Henry
Good read! As usual Noire brought it! Looking forward to her next book.
Kendell (luvVee)
Apr 11, 2010 Kendell (luvVee) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
READING THIS ON MY KINDLE AND ITS A GOOD BOOK SO FAR.
Janay Freeman
This wasn't your normal noire book but it was decent!
Monika Martin
Good! Had a lot going on but a good read.
Shante Nixon
Shit was crazy! I love this book!
E G
good from beginning to end.
Delonya
Final Rating 4 Stars
Angelique
I love this author!!!!!!
Johnne Johnson
Johnne Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
  • Heist
  • Allure of the Game: A Novel
  • Message from a Mistress
  • Trife Life To Lavish Part 2 Genesis & Genevieve... Am I My Brother's Keeper
  • Maneater
  • The Golden Hustla
  • The Dopeman: Memoirs of a Snitch (The Dopeman, #2)
  • California Connection
  • Welfare Wifeys
  • Shyt List
  • Raunchy
  • Stripping Asjiah
Noire is an author from the streets of New York whose hip-hop erotic stories pulsate with urban flavor. She is the #1 Essence bestselling author of G-Spot, Candy Licker, Baby Brother, and Thug-A-Licious, and the editor-in-chief of NOIREMagazine.com. Visit her website at www.asknoire.com or e-mail her at noire@asknoire.com.

(Taken from SimonSays.com-author's publisher)
More about Noire...
G-Spot: An Urban Erotic Tale Candy Licker: An Urban Erotic Tale Thug-A-Licious Hood: An Urban Erotic Tale Thong on Fire: An Urban Erotic Tale