Start by marking “Unzipped: An Urban Erotic Tale” as Want to Read:
Unzipped: An Urban Erotic Tale

Unzipped: An Urban Erotic Tale

Have you ever had everything you love snatched from your hands in the blink of an eye? Do you know what it’s like to watch helplessly as those you cherish burn to a crisp? Have you ever heard a mournful cry for street justice and then realized that the only person left to heed the call was you?

Pearl Baines is a straight Harlem stunna. She and her twin sister, Diamond, are
Published March 23rd 2010 by One World/Ballantine

To ask other readers questions about Unzipped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unzipped

K.augustine
Fraternal twins Diamond and Pearl Baines were never much alike, and any similitude ceased once they both got pregnant at only fourteen years of age. Pearl decided she wanted to make her father proud and poured herself into school work while Diamond refused to pick herself up by her boot straps. Their parents stepped up for both teens equally when it came to raising their seeds, but only Pearl positively took full advantage of it while they encouraged her to excel in her education. Diamond on the ...more
Carol Hornsby-mccoy
Feb 13, 2017 Carol Hornsby-mccoy rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. It was sad and yet it was inspirational. It's sad that the entire family had to die, leaving Pearl alone but she had Menus. It was a great story on endless love for family. Pearls payback was a beast! Very well done.
Esther
Dec 23, 2016 Esther rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay....so I liked the plot behind the story and the way the main character moved to accomplish what she needed to...I was definitely happy with the ending because you never know how these books go sometimes. However, I felt like this book was trying to be way too hood if that is a thing...I don't know how many times the word neck p*$$y was going to be used, but it was OVER used. It was supposed to be an erotica but I think it was lacking in that department. Yes there was sex but it was lacking ...more
Robin Strain
Aug 10, 2012 Robin Strain rated it liked it

I've read several books by the author and with the fast pace, violence, and sex I can't put the books down.
What is different about this book though is the heroine of the book never meets a degrading, violent fate that seems to happen in several of the other books. I was even holding my breath, bracing for that scene.
So glad that it didn't happen in this book and she got to deliver her revenge with a righteous viciousness.
And the sex. Can't describe you just have to read for yourself.

Tosha Eldridge
Diamond and Pearl...twins that are completely opposite, it makes you wonder if they have different Dad's. This book is all about trying to do the right thing but wrong finding you anyway. And revenge being the cure for what ails you. All I can say is, you mess with a girls family, you will get burned.

One question though, how does a rookie FBI agent become a straight hood, super assassin overnight? Hmmm.....that's a good question.
Sonia Brewster
Jan 17, 2013 Sonia Brewster rated it really liked it
Definately an urban book. The best part of the book for me was the way the sista handled her bizness. All the extra-curricular activities before, during and after were something indeed. I'm not sure how I came to be in possession of this book, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to read it. Good read.
Dedra
Sep 09, 2010 Dedra rated it it was amazing
unzipped was a very interesting book i liked it because it kept you guessing and there where a lot of emotional rollercosters throughout the book but i liked it a lot and i think the author Noire did his thing when he put this book together.
Melyssa
Oct 25, 2013 Melyssa rated it it was amazing
Diamond and Pearl two hearts one world, you are my Diamond and you are my Pearl..... That is the true bond of sister's. Pearl shows no matter what hood and education are a motha. Nothing like a women scorned.
Tyffany Smith
Dec 08, 2010 Tyffany Smith rated it it was amazing
strong plot .... mysteries to be solved. revenge will be tooken. very well written. noire has done it again .
Terri-Ale Sanders
Sep 25, 2012 Terri-Ale Sanders rated it really liked it
Pretty good book. I like she got revenge for her family and let the other mothers get in on it too.
Delonya
Shelves: audio
Good audio!!
Shante Nixon
Feb 26, 2013 Shante Nixon rated it it was amazing
Shit was crazy! I love this book!
Melinda
Gripping urban book, the erotica parts were ok but some college could've been left out.
Demetrist Wallace
ONE OF THE BEST URBAN FICTION I HAVE READ ALL YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
My-my
Aug 20, 2010 My-my rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. After reading some of Noire's other books and being disappointed I felt like Noire redeemed herself with this one.
Ladana Ballard
Dec 22, 2012 Ladana Ballard rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites. However, it's very heartbreaking. But it was dark and sinful, yet adventurous and vivid.
Genevieve Works
Aug 18, 2011 Genevieve Works rated it liked it
it was wild and crazy...but some parts it slowed down and I found my self skipping pages .... there were some pretty deep parts...you really felt Pearls anguish ..
Jasmine Holloman
Jul 01, 2015 Jasmine Holloman rated it it was amazing
Very interesting storyline and I really enjoyed Pearl's character and how she chose to get revenge. The sexual scenes were a bit much, but other than that the book was simple and easy to read.
Kaleea
Feb 19, 2015 Kaleea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-best
well i think for my age it is really exotic but it is the best book i ever read and i hate reading.
Catrina Reid
Jan 02, 2016 Catrina Reid rated it liked it
A pretty good book. The erotic parts were the best parts. Pretty good story line, a bit unrealistic. You have to be in the mood to enjoy it. I would recommend it provided you get it free.
Glenda
Apr 21, 2013 Glenda rated it really liked it
Another page turner from Noire!! This was the 2d book of hers that I've read and It was a crazy ride just like the first one!!
Gabrielle
Mar 11, 2015 Gabrielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
lived this it was awesome
Teresa Peterson
May 08, 2010 Teresa Peterson rated it really liked it
Very nice. Had some dry parts but they were very descriptive the action parts. I liked it.
Dee Cherry
Jun 21, 2014 Dee Cherry rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: urban-fiction
Tamiko Grant
Jan 24, 2016 Tamiko Grant rated it it was amazing
Great read!! Definitely a page turner. Highly recommend it!!
Kendell That'sMe
Apr 02, 2010 Kendell That'sMe rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
READING THIS ON MY KINDLE AND ITS A GOOD BOOK SO FAR.
Kate Ramsey
Jul 13, 2011 Kate Ramsey rated it really liked it
If there were no sex scenes, only plot, the book would only be 20 pages. Got me all hot and bothered.
Michelle
Aug 09, 2011 Michelle rated it liked it
She said it was not a love-story and it wasn't. Wow to the hood life. Was glad for the positive ending after so much death.
Rhonda C. Henry
Apr 12, 2011 Rhonda C. Henry rated it really liked it
Good read! As usual Noire brought it! Looking forward to her next book.
  • Heist
  • Dirtier Than Ever
  • Bad Girlz 4 Life
  • Where There's Smoke
  • Trife Life To Lavish Part 2 Genesis & Genevieve... Am I My Brother's Keeper
  • Welfare Wifeys (Hood Rat #4)
  • Back to the Hood (Flint, #5)
  • Material Girl
Noire is an author from the streets of New York whose hip-hop erotic stories pulsate with urban flavor. She is the #1 Essence bestselling author of G-Spot, Candy Licker, Baby Brother, and Thug-A-Licious, and the editor-in-chief of NOIREMagazine.com. Visit her website at www.asknoire.com or e-mail her at noire@asknoire.com.

(Taken from SimonSays.com-author's publisher)
More about Noire...