Start by marking “Golden Filly Collection 1 (Golden Filly, #1-5)” as Want to Read:
Golden Filly Collection 1 (Golden Filly, #1-5)

Golden Filly Collection 1 (Golden Filly #1-5)

Tricia learns to trust in God as she deals with her father's illness, her mother's disapproval of her involvement with horse racing, and a special mount that may have the ability to win the Kentucky Derby or even the triple crown of thoroughbred racing.
Published October 1st 2009 by Bethany House Publishers (first published June 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Golden Filly Collection 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Golden Filly Collection 1

Elizabeth
DNF'd. I never thought I would struggle to finish a book about horse racing, but the writing is so weak and the main character so melodramatic that I couldn't do it.
Paige Mefferd
Jul 30, 2011 Paige Mefferd rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I didn't expect this much christianity in it. You rarely get books like that!! I definitely can tell that this is a christian book. I love it. It also makes me love it more because I love horses and racing. I am glad that there are still good books like this in the world. I want to read these books, also by Lauraine Snelling: Golden Filly Collection Two; High Hurdles Collection One; High Hurdels Collection Two. Thses are also good sounding books. I am glad that the Lord gave me ...more
Bethany
May 19, 2016 Bethany rated it it was amazing
I love these books! I was rereading this series after watching the Kentucky Derby. I first read this series as a teenager, and I love them just as much reading them as an adult. I grew up loving horses and there were not many books much less series about horses. I love the premises, I love the characters. This series is inspirational and a must read for horse lovers.
Katie
Aug 14, 2010 Katie rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful horse book and ACTUALLY written by someone who ACTUALLY knows horses! Pretty realistic and emulates the life of a real teenager who makes mistakes and has emotions like real people do.
Amanda Nagy
Oct 01, 2014 Amanda Nagy rated it it was amazing

Lauraine Snelling writes in a way that captures the reader.
I couldn't put the book down until I was finished and even then I wanted to read more.
And its not all about horses as some books tend to be like that.
A really great read and would recommend it to anyone!
Maggie
Jan 12, 2010 Maggie rated it it was amazing
Tricia Evanston is going into the racing buisiness but her father comes down with a major health condition. She is succeeding in her races until she is involved in a life threatining accident. Will she succeed? Will her father survive the cancer?????? (608 pages)
Corene Wilson
Sep 06, 2016 Corene Wilson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
Connie
Aug 03, 2014 Connie rated it really liked it
This collection contains 5 books. Tricia Evanston is a teenager living in Vancouver, Washington and works on the family horse farm training Thoroughbreds. The books follow Tricia and her family thru sickness, failures and successes of horse racing and everyday life.
Sarah Baughman
Nov 28, 2015 Sarah Baughman rated it it was amazing
I read these in Middle and High schools...I really loved them so much. Some of my first Christian Fiction books, and really instrumental in my love of reading and desire to write.
Bex
Bex rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2013
Jasmine Ruigrok
Jasmine Ruigrok rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2013
Leah
Leah rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Ella
Ella rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2011
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2012
Elizabeth Adams
Elizabeth Adams rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2014
Kerestel
Kerestel rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2010
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2014
Tynnika
Tynnika rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2012
Chesleigh Burns
Chesleigh Burns rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2012
Jolaika
Jolaika rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2016
Emma
Apr 05, 2016 Emma rated it liked it
Good book, sadly I cannot find the second collection on my online readying system
Maggie Wang
Maggie Wang rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2014
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Ali
Ali rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2015
Taisia
Taisia rated it did not like it
Feb 13, 2013
Lance
Lance rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2013
Ivy Cooley
Ivy Cooley rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2015
Gerry
Gerry rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2009
Katherine Jensen
Katherine Jensen rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Dream Horse (Saddle Club Super Edition, #4)
  • A Chance to Shine (Chestnut Hill, #11)
  • Dancer (Dancer, #1)
  • Millie's Unsettled Season (A Life of Faith: Millie Keith #1)
  • Whirlwind
  • The Spell of the Crystal Chair (Seven Sleepers: The Lost Chronicles, #1)
  • The Embittered Ruby (Diamond Estates, #2)
  • Unhappy Appy (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #5)
  • Rhubarb
  • Sarah's New World: The Mayflower Adventure
  • The Sound of Red Returning (Red Returning Trilogy #1)
  • Midnight in Lonesome Hollow: A Kit Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • Lara and the Gray Mare (Hoofbeats: Lara and the Gray Mare, #1)
Lauraine Snelling is the award-winning author of over seventy books, with sales of more than 2 million copies.

She also writes for a wide range of magazines, and helps others reach their writing dreams by teaching at writers’ conferences across the country.

Lauraine and her husband, Wayne, have two grown sons, and live in the Tehachapi Mountains with a watchdog Basset named Winston.

They love to tra
More about Lauraine Snelling...

Golden Filly (10 books)
  • The Race (Golden Filly, #1)
  • Eagle's Wings (Golden Filly, #2)
  • Go for the Glory (Golden Filly, #3)
  • Kentucky Dreamer (Golden Filly, #4)
  • Call for Courage (Golden Filly, #5)
  • Shadow Over San Mateo (Golden Filly, #6)
  • Out of the Mist (Golden Filly, #7)
  • Second Wind (Golden Filly, #8)
  • Close Call (Golden Filly, #9)
  • The Winner's Circle (Golden Filly, #10)