Start by marking “Spock Reflections” as Want to Read:
Spock Reflections

Spock Reflections (Star Trek Graphic Novels)

In the follow-up collection to the smash hit Star Trek: Countdown movie prequel, we discover what could drive a man to abandon all he knows and go to live with the Federations sworn enemy. Discover his real motivations and how he looks back at what brought him to this stranger place in his life.
Published by IDW Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Spock Reflections, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spock Reflections

Rae
Mar 14, 2011 Rae rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: original star trek fans, sci-fi nerds, nuTrek fans
I picked up this book one day when browsing a Barnes and Nobles...and read it in one go.

As a follow up to Star Trek - Countdown (well, actually it's more of a prequel as far as timelines go), this book was fantastic, and the art style was just as consistently good in "Reflections" as it was in "Countdown." As an artist, I REALLY appreciated the visible blending of traditional pen-and ink techniques with digital coloring, and the illustrator of this book excels in his multi-directional hatching.
Jeff Lanter
Apr 19, 2012 Jeff Lanter rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
As I conclude my reviews of the Star Trek movie tie-ins, I am going to tackle the toughest of the three. First off, I'm really glad this exists. While Spock is on a mission in this story, it is essentially flashbacks and character moments. That kind of quiet and contemplative story is too rare in comics beyond a single issue. The problem is that I am not the ideal audience for this book. I only have seen the movie and know almost nothing about the various TV series. While I learned a lot about S ...more
Kim
Oct 17, 2011 Kim rated it it was amazing
I really liked this, the flashbacks gave spocks character depth and the parts concerning spock and kirk should be considered canon. I believe that it was a more fitting end to captain kirk (I admit I teared up a little) than shatners version.
Evamaria
Mar 20, 2010 Evamaria rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
A movie prequel All About Spock and therefore automatically a must-read. We learn some more about this life.
Diego
Aug 06, 2013 Diego rated it liked it
Shelves: ficción

No soy un gran conocedor de los cómics y quizás por eso en esta crítica pueda no hacer más que reflejar mi ignorancia sobre el estilo de este género. No me ha llegado a gustar del todo este cómic sobre la vida de Spock, en el que en esencia no pasa casi nada, aunque esté lleno de recuerdos y referencias a la serie y películas de Star Trek. Pero como digo al principio, lo que no me gusta de este comic en particular puede ser común en todos los cómics, y en ese caso, puede significar simplemente q
Richard
Feb 27, 2017 Richard rated it liked it
Actually read the Eaglemoss published version of this in Hardback.

A series of flashbacks that either recall or embellish on the events in Spocks life, nothing especially revelatory but an interesting read nonetheless.

The Gold Key TOS-based story as usual was rubbish filler.
Travis McClain
Jan 28, 2011 Travis McClain rated it it was ok
This is a collection of vignettes of Spock's life, strung together with a little story about him returning from Romulus on a personal mission. I won't spoil it, but I'll say that it's a story that's been intimated and even told several times in books and comics over the last 16-ish years.

There really wasn't anything new explored here, and most of the passages will feel very familiar to older fans. I suppose the intended audience for this are newer readers brought to the franchise by the 2009 mov
Argona
I have found many of recent Abramverse-related Star Trek Comics very disappointing but I have to say I really really liked this one. True that this is some kind of a prequel to the 2009 movie but it is mainly about what happened in the original universe. I can't feel the true spirit of Star Trek in the new comics I have read so far but this one was amazing. I don't cry easily and while reading this comic I felt stabs of sadness at several points in the story but the weight of it actually hit me ...more
Joy
Nov 09, 2013 Joy rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this graphic novel. It really comes before "Countdown," so it follows the original story line, not the ongoing one. The flashbacks are wonderfully integrated into the storyline and I loved the art as well. It can be enjoyed by any Star Trek fan, even if you don't like the J.J. Abrams movies.
Steven Shinder
Jul 07, 2016 Steven Shinder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rachel
Jan 15, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel was an interesting in depth look at how Spock learned to be more human-like throughout time and different interactions with other people, this story takes place as flashbacks as Spock travels to do a very human thing and put a good friend to rest back where he belongs.

Interesting look at Spock and his life and experiences.
Mikael Kuoppala
Jun 20, 2012 Mikael Kuoppala rated it it was amazing
David Tipton follows up on motifs and themes set up in the uneven "Countdown" saga with a beautiful character introspection. We get a full, nuanced portrait of Spock, instantly recognizable but deep. His story is infinitely touching, a tale not of a hero but of a complex, fleshy character filled with nuance and inner conflict.
Aubrey Hansen
Jul 14, 2013 Aubrey Hansen rated it really liked it
A neat side series that jumps back and forth in Spock's life, leaving off approximately where Star Trek: Countdown begins. I think this will make more sense once I get into some of the other comics and the original TV series, though...
Andrew
This came out around the time of the 2009 movie, so there was a good chance that this would be filler material. Instead, it shows an older Spock traveling to Earth and having reflections of his earlier service. The flashbacks were fun, and Spock's trip has a surprising purpose that I'm not going to spoil. It's not a wonderful graphic novel, but it was pleasant.
Charlie Brill
Jul 13, 2012 Charlie Brill rated it it was amazing
This story was simple. I think that makes the best Star Trek stories. It doesn't mean it's not exciting or has strange new discoveries that Star Trek always has, but it's a simple, good story. You can definitely tell that the writer is a fan of all the shows, and he tries to sow them all together in this very simple story. I enjoyed it very much.
Mrklingon
Apr 10, 2016 Mrklingon rated it really liked it
Nicely woven set of episodes through the history of Star Trek.

Tipton puts together a collection of flashbacks through Mr. Spock's long career, as he undertakes a journey from Romulus to Viridan to Earth to undertake a mission of loyalty to an old friend.
Thomas
Dec 24, 2014 Thomas rated it really liked it
This is exactly what I wanted out of backstory and character building. It interwove events depicted in other novels and comics with new content, bringing further appreciation of the character and setting with some of the events in the new movie universe.
SA
Jul 03, 2013 SA rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2013
Excellent miniseries on Spock looking back; I was basically sniffling at the end. K/S forever.
Eri
Oct 07, 2016 Eri rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-english
There is a reason I avoid anything that includes even mentions of character's deaths. But the flashbacks were quite nice.
Shobha
Nov 17, 2012 Shobha rated it really liked it
My first Star Trek comic and I loved it.
Todd R
Jun 13, 2016 Todd R rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comix, trek
Great!
Louise
Feb 03, 2014 Louise rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Star Trek: Reflections: Spock and Star Trek: Count Down are the 2 best episodes that have never been made. Enjoyed them both immensely.
John Yelverton
Aug 07, 2011 John Yelverton rated it it was amazing
Another great book about "Star Trek" from IDW as it presents a reflective Spock.
Trinity
Sep 10, 2014 Trinity rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The artwork and the story are magnificent. A fine addition, and one I am glad to have found in the Humble Bundle.
Yosef Shapiro
Oct 18, 2012 Yosef Shapiro rated it really liked it
Very effective cross cutting as Spock reflects on key points in his life. It covers issues from the original series, movies , and Next generation series. It all fist together very nicely.
Yousef
Nov 21, 2013 Yousef rated it it was ok
don't remember it much.
inferior art, not too thrilling story, but good insights into the characters lives.
Morbus Iff
Jan 31, 2011 Morbus Iff rated it liked it
Reliving his past as he delivers a body. Goodish.
Ed
Jul 25, 2016 Ed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable meditation on Spock and what made him the person he became. The art is mostly solid and well colored.
Kitty
Kitty rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2013
Peter
Peter rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 3
  • Countdown to Darkness
  • McCoy: The Provenance Of Shadows (Star Trek: Crucible, #1)
  • Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (Star Trek TOS: Movie Novelizations, #3)
  • Cast No Shadow (Star Trek)
  • Star Trek: Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise
  • Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
  • Collision Course (Star Trek: Academy, #1)
  • Star Trek: the manga Volume 2: Kakan ni Shinkou
  • Star Trek: The New Voyages, 2 (Star Trek Adventures, #6)
  • Turnaround (Star Trek: New Frontier #16.5)
  • Doctor's Orders

Star Trek Graphic Novels (1 - 10 of 44 books)
  • Countdown (Star Trek)