Start by marking “Spock Reflections” as Want to Read:
Spock Reflections

Spock Reflections (Star Trek Graphic Novels)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  20 reviews
In the follow-up collection to the smash hit Star Trek: Countdown movie prequel, we discover what could drive a man to abandon all he knows and go to live with the Federations sworn enemy. Discover his real motivations and how he looks back at what brought him to this stranger place in his life.
Published by IDW Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Spock Reflections, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spock Reflections

Rae
Mar 14, 2011 Rae rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: original star trek fans, sci-fi nerds, nuTrek fans
I picked up this book one day when browsing a Barnes and Nobles...and read it in one go.

As a follow up to Star Trek - Countdown (well, actually it's more of a prequel as far as timelines go), this book was fantastic, and the art style was just as consistently good in "Reflections" as it was in "Countdown." As an artist, I REALLY appreciated the visible blending of traditional pen-and ink techniques with digital coloring, and the illustrator of this book excels in his multi-directional hatching.
Kim
I really liked this, the flashbacks gave spocks character depth and the parts concerning spock and kirk should be considered canon. I believe that it was a more fitting end to captain kirk (I admit I teared up a little) than shatners version.
Evamaria
A movie prequel All About Spock and therefore automatically a must-read. We learn some more about this life.
Jeff Lanter
As I conclude my reviews of the Star Trek movie tie-ins, I am going to tackle the toughest of the three. First off, I'm really glad this exists. While Spock is on a mission in this story, it is essentially flashbacks and character moments. That kind of quiet and contemplative story is too rare in comics beyond a single issue. The problem is that I am not the ideal audience for this book. I only have seen the movie and know almost nothing about the various TV series. While I learned a lot about S ...more
Diego

No soy un gran conocedor de los cómics y quizás por eso en esta crítica pueda no hacer más que reflejar mi ignorancia sobre el estilo de este género. No me ha llegado a gustar del todo este cómic sobre la vida de Spock, en el que en esencia no pasa casi nada, aunque esté lleno de recuerdos y referencias a la serie y películas de Star Trek. Pero como digo al principio, lo que no me gusta de este comic en particular puede ser común en todos los cómics, y en ese caso, puede significar simplemente q
Travis Mcclain
This is a collection of vignettes of Spock's life, strung together with a little story about him returning from Romulus on a personal mission. I won't spoil it, but I'll say that it's a story that's been intimated and even told several times in books and comics over the last 16-ish years.

There really wasn't anything new explored here, and most of the passages will feel very familiar to older fans. I suppose the intended audience for this are newer readers brought to the franchise by the 2009 mov
Thomas
This is exactly what I wanted out of backstory and character building. It interwove events depicted in other novels and comics with new content, bringing further appreciation of the character and setting with some of the events in the new movie universe.
Louise
Star Trek: Reflections: Spock and Star Trek: Count Down are the 2 best episodes that have never been made. Enjoyed them both immensely.
Stephanie Trinity
The artwork and the story are magnificent. A fine addition, and one I am glad to have found in the Humble Bundle.
Argona
I have found many of recent Abramverse-related Star Trek Comics very disappointing but I have to say I really really liked this one. True that this is some kind of a prequel to the 2009 movie but it is mainly about what happened in the original universe. I can't feel the true spirit of Star Trek in the new comics I have read so far but this one was amazing. I don't cry easily and while reading this comic I felt stabs of sadness at several points in the story but the weight of it actually hit me ...more
Charlie Brill
This story was simple. I think that makes the best Star Trek stories. It doesn't mean it's not exciting or has strange new discoveries that Star Trek always has, but it's a simple, good story. You can definitely tell that the writer is a fan of all the shows, and he tries to sow them all together in this very simple story. I enjoyed it very much.
Aubrey Hansen
A neat side series that jumps back and forth in Spock's life, leaving off approximately where Star Trek: Countdown begins. I think this will make more sense once I get into some of the other comics and the original TV series, though...
Mikael Kuoppala
David Tipton follows up on motifs and themes set up in the uneven "Countdown" saga with a beautiful character introspection. We get a full, nuanced portrait of Spock, instantly recognizable but deep. His story is infinitely touching, a tale not of a hero but of a complex, fleshy character filled with nuance and inner conflict.
Joy
I was pleasantly surprised by this graphic novel. It really comes before "Countdown," so it follows the original story line, not the ongoing one. The flashbacks are wonderfully integrated into the storyline and I loved the art as well. It can be enjoyed by any Star Trek fan, even if you don't like the J.J. Abrams movies.
Yosef Shapiro
Very effective cross cutting as Spock reflects on key points in his life. It covers issues from the original series, movies , and Next generation series. It all fist together very nicely.
Yousef
don't remember it much.
inferior art, not too thrilling story, but good insights into the characters lives.
SA
Excellent miniseries on Spock looking back; I was basically sniffling at the end. K/S forever.
John Yelverton
Another great book about "Star Trek" from IDW as it presents a reflective Spock.
Shobha
My first Star Trek comic and I loved it.
Morbus Iff
Reliving his past as he delivers a body. Goodish.
David Rhodes
David Rhodes marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Brenda Meier
Brenda Meier marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Abby
Abby added it
Dec 30, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 3
  • Countdown
  • Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (Star Trek TOS: Movie Novelizations, #3)
  • Troublesome Minds (Star Trek)
  • Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
  • Cast No Shadow (Star Trek)
  • Vulcan's Forge
  • Star Trek, Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise
  • Collision Course (Star Trek: Academy, #1)
  • McCoy: The Provenance Of Shadows (Star Trek: Crucible, #1)
  • Mind Meld
  • Spock's World
  • Deep Domain
  • Watching the Clock (Star Trek: Department of Temporal Investigations, #1)
  • Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (Star Trek TOS: Movie Novelizations, #6)

Star Trek Graphic Novels (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Countdown
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 5
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 6: After Darkness
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation - Intelligence Gathering
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 1
Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 1 Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 2 Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Volume 1 Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 1 Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Volume 2