Start by marking “Hiring, Training, and Supervising Library Shelvers” as Want to Read:
Hiring, Training, and Supervising Library Shelvers

Hiring, Training, and Supervising Library Shelvers

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  4 reviews
How do you find good library shelvers and keep them for more than a few months? Tunstall gives practical advice to help you do just that with a complete overview on how to hire, test, train, and retain shelvers.
Published October 1st 2009 by American Library Association (first published January 1st 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about Hiring, Training, and Supervising Library Shelvers

(Non-Fiction: Library Science) As a supervisor of 20-some students at an academic library, I really enjoyed this book and found many parts useful. I took notes on interview questions, verbiage to use when training, and how to encourage shelvers who make mistakes. I am looking forward to implementing a shelf-reading log and daily log of shelving with my students next semester. I highly recommend this quick, informative read to other supervisors.
Mira Domsky
Useful information, definitely worth my time, but I would have liked a little more detail on how to run meetings, and how to manage employees when things aren't going as planned. Maybe I should read another book about general management, and what to do when employees have problems with things or when they are upset.
As a supervisor of the adult pages in our library, I found this book to be extremely helpful. There were many great ideas on the many aspects of supervising a library page. I wish I would have had this 5 years ago when I started having the responsibility for the pages.
Great content, but pricey for its length.
Jess is currently reading it
Sep 28, 2015
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Beth E
Beth E marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Meg Adams
Meg Adams marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Mallory marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Alfreda marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Whitney Norwood
Whitney Norwood marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Tanya added it
Jun 16, 2014
Sujoy Ghosh
Sujoy Ghosh marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Prakash Km
Prakash Km marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
Trish marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2012
Lisa Sarm
Lisa Sarm marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2012
Gloria marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2011