Finding Mr. Right

Finding Mr. Right (Hearts of Gold #1)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  147 ratings  ·  24 reviews
It takes a heavenly dog to make a hell of a match--

Right before her untimely death, Lydia Keane made one terrible mistake--she had an affair with her best friend Amy's husband. Barred from the afterlife until she makes amends, Lydia has been ordered back to Earth for one final mission: to find Amy a new husband. But there is just one small catch: Lydia must rely on her sma...more
Published February 2nd 1999 by Bantam

Ray
It was fun but it won't last. The idea of having a leading character as a spayed Welsh Corgi who has been transformed from a murdered wife with inherent character flaws into a guardian angel given the task of finding the "best husband" for a friend is clever. The insights into the way a corgi with short legs, no tail, and bad manners is fun--especially if you've ever owned a corgi. The ad blurbs inside the book call it a "historical romance" but since there is a murder or two included in the plo...more
Stacie  M. Ritchie
This was a fun book to listen to. Basically a woman that has everything given to her dies and is sent back to rectify her sins as a Corgi. This story tells about her experiences and her friend’s experiences in trying to find love for her wronged friend. This brings basics of breed rescue and shows through the eyes of a Corgi and someone who loves dogs. Throughout the ups and downs of this book, many things happen. A fun read, in which I was laughing at some parts. When the story ends, you want t...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Lydia Keane hurt her best friend and is now paying the price...a second chance of life as her best friend's new best friend, a corgy. It is hard enough to find out that you are dead, but that your price into eternity is coming back as a corgy named 'Miss Piggy?' why that is insulting...but wait...Lydia does feel bad for hurting Amy Cameron. Her new assignment is to find Mr. Right for Amy in order that she can enjoy the rest of her life with the right man.

The corgy may find happiness also...

A fun...more
Diane ~Firefly~
Lydia wasn't the best person in life and when she is killed while on a date with her best friend's (Amy) husband, she is then sent back to earth in the body of a Corgi to help Amy believe in love again and find the perfect man.

This is a fun read with a lot of the story being told by Miss Piggy (Lydia's dog name) as she tries to find the best possible man for Amy and come to terms with being a dog.
Marcy
This is the first of a series which my mother-in-law (who owns a corgi) recommended to me. The premise is stale. The writing is fair. The author does capture the character of the breed in a humorous way. I enjoyed it because I recognized my mother-in-law's dog in it. If I were not a dog fan, there would be no reason for me to read this book.
Ty
So i probably would have liked this book more if I were an animal lover or even a dog lover. I just couldn't get past the fact that all was revolving around the dogs. It had a lot of humor and she is a funny writer. Kept the story going as well with a realistic story line.
YW Low 劉耀詠
Very light reading for the summer, it scratches on romance, crime investigation and a bit of snippets here and there of views from a dog. It is neither bad not good, overall is just a simple book to kill some time you have at hand.
Kim
I enjoyed this book so much more than Diamond in the Ruff and in reality this book, Finding Mr. Right should be read first. It is a simple, fun, fast read. I laughed out loud a few times and it was just a cute story.
Morgan
Well, I finished it. That sums up this book. it's a light read. Thank goodness. It wasn't funny, it wasn't difficult to solve the "mystery" and it wasn't even all that romantic. That's all I have to say about this book.
Ann Marie
I enjoyed this book. Lydia is reincarnated as a dog to find her best friend a husband in order to make amends. It was funny, predictable and although it moved a little slow, it kept my interest.
 Emmy's Grammy (Susan)
This series, about corgis, is my favorite by Emily. They are so witty, you'll laugh out loud. Corgis really are magical.....so this concept is believable...at least to me!
Kristie J.
I listened to the audiobook version of this book years ago and loved it! An original, funny story with a great main character - a woman trapped inside a Welsh Corgi's body!
Virginia
This was a VERY cute book in which the main character is reincarnated as a Corgi. This would have perhaps been 3 stars, but it gets a bonus star because of the Corgi.
Micayla
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I guess being reincarnated as a Corgi isn't all that bad! Good, fast read with just enough romance and humor to hold interest.
Ashleighloveland
the snarky dog was really really unlikable. And the characters were randomly rude to each other to make up for the total lack of real conflict. Ug.
Cat
This book is hilarious. I laughed all the way through. Piggy the Corgi is witty, sarcastic & such a hoot. You'll love it.
Linda
My nephew actually got this for me when I went through my divorce. It's a really cute book, and from the view point of a dog!
ann braaten
Her books are written in the voice of a dog and the dialect is hilarious. Again all her books are funny
Sam
I had lots of fun listening to this book. Kept my spirits up during trying times.
Julie
Was just ok. I only read it because the main character was a Corgi.
Nicole
May 28, 2009 Nicole rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Laura
This was a fast, cute read. I will read another by this author.
DesiRae Churchwell
I enjoyed this book. Nice, light reading and funny.
Madi
Dec 31, 2011 Madi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: mbg
I can't figure out how to read this
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Madeline Benoit
Madeline Benoit marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Diana Olsen
Diana Olsen marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Gone to the Dogs Diamond in the Ruff The Cat's Meow A New Leash on Life A Ghost for Maggie