Start by marking “Federico Garcia Lorca (Cuando Los Grandes Eran Pequenos/ When the Grown-Ups Were Children) (Spanish Edition)” as Want to Read:

2.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  4 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Both a rhyming picture book and an accessible, illustrated biography, this dynamic tale recreates

the early experiences of world-famous

Spanish poet Federico Garca Lorca. Every

child can relate to, and be inspired by, his story.

Colorful and amusing illustrations engage

readers, and include details from Federico's

actual home.
Published September 1st 2009 by Lectorum Publications (first published 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about Federico Garcia Lorca (Cuando Los Grandes Eran Pequenos/ When the Grown-Ups Were Children)

Crystal
This was quite the challenge as the book was in Spanish. Between my high school Spanish class and Google translate, I got the basic idea, but I didn't want to give a star rating because I don't know that my comprehension was as good as it should be to assign a rating.

It was interesting to learn about this man who wrote poetry and was active in the theater. The text focuses mostly on his childhood and into early adulthood. The note at the end though does tell a little about how he was killed duri
April Helms
This was a challenge because the copy I received from the library was entirely in Spanish; I don't know if there are any with both Spanish and English, or just English. I know Spanish tolerably well, but I'm rather rusty. Still, this would be a good book for students studying the language. At any rate, this book tells the story of Lorca, a well-known poet and theater director, as a child. The illustrations are soft and warm, sometimes somewhat fanciful, like a memory.
Lea
Marta
Marta added it
Mar 01, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Dahiana Luciano
Dahiana Luciano marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Jose
Jose rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Shawnalenore
Shawnalenore marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2012
Angie Pena
Angie Pena marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2012
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2012
Mrs Bond
Mrs Bond marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2011
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2010
L-Crystal Wlodek
L-Crystal Wlodek marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2010
Erin Ramai
Erin Ramai marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2010
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2010
Laurel
Laurel marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2010