Start by marking “Final Target (Graham Gage #1)” as Want to Read:
Final Target (Graham Gage #1)

Final Target (Graham Gage #1)

3.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  111 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
A man lies unconscious in a hospital bed, the victim of a violent assault the police are calling "road rage." If he recovers, prosecutors are waiting to indict him for conspiracy, eager to send him to prison for the rest of his life.

And he's the lucky one . . .

Private investigator Graham Gage believes the injured man—his closest friend Jack Burch—had no part in the ever-wi
Published February 9th 2010 by Harper (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Final Target, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Final Target

Mar 14, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it
From my blog....[return]Not since my introduction to the works of Ian Fleming decades ago have I been so engrossed in an international fraud novel. Final Target by Steven Gore is his debut novel and what a debut it is, filled with double crosses, greed, corruption, international gangsters, and brilliantly written characters as well as a captivating storyline. The novel opens with what appears to be a drive-by shooting of James Burke, an International Attorney who remains in a coma and in critica ...more
Daniel Audet
Apr 03, 2011 Daniel Audet rated it it was amazing
I finished this book yesterday, glad to have read the 1st in the 2 book 'Graham Gage' Series by Steven Gore. The detail in this book is really good, not too much but enough dizzying insider knowledge of the world of high finance, and, more important to this story, the corruption and intrigue that truly goes on, around the world. It's this corruption that involves Gage's long time and closest friend, a major league lawyer who gets shot twice in an assassination attempt. Gore sets his edge right a ...more
Chris Daniel
Oct 23, 2011 Chris Daniel rated it liked it
This book is about a private investigator, named Graham Gage, whose best friend Jack Burch, was gunned down as he was taking a morning jog in San Francisco. The police and other investigators call it road rage but Graham thinks there is more to it, he investigates further and uncovers all sorts of stuff he didn't know know about his friend. The whole case revolves around a stock fraud conspiracy at SatTek industries. After going deeoere in the investigation, Gage finds out about all the ties and ...more
James Thane
Jul 23, 2010 James Thane rated it liked it
This is a very good debut thriller from ex-P.I. Steven Gore.

When SatTek Industries collapses in a stock fraud case, government investigators move in hard on the company's former president, a guy named Matson. It turns out that the stock fraud prosecution is the least of the guy's worries given that he's also committed treason by transferring high-tech components and software to bad guys overseas.

On the bright side, Matson is in bed with a beautiful sexy mistress. On the bad side, he's also in
Bev Walkling
Jun 02, 2015 Bev Walkling rated it really liked it
For a debut novel I found this one really good. Once I got started with it, it kept me interested and inspired me to do some googling to learn more about grand juries. Graham, the main character, devotes his money, time & resources to prove the innocence of his best friend who is the focus of a government investigation into offshore bank accounts and fraud.There were parts that I really had no knowledge of to start, so I found a little extra reading helpful but still feel I can recommend thi ...more
James
Dec 18, 2009 James rated it it was ok
Ok, well, don't read this book.

It's an ambitious work - the complexity of the crimes seem staggering, and the amount of characters to keep straight. Towards the beginning, it was a problem, but eventually things smoothed out.

At times, it seems as though Gore may not understand all the crimes well enough to explain them. It often read like a conspiracy/money-laundering mad lib: insert a character's name, a country, and a crime - with few details.

With all that said, even the compelling nature of m
Phyllis Rile
Jun 10, 2016 Phyllis Rile rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good but Repetitive

This book was OK but I found it difficult to keep track of everyone and everything. Finally I found actually coming together near to the conclusion of the long book.
Robert
Jul 24, 2010 Robert rated it it was ok
Shelves: thriller
SEC violations, international arms trafficking, securities fraud and numerous characters on several continents spread throughout several countries can make for a difficult reading experience. I liked Gore's writing style it just seems like he tends to shoot over the average laymans head with many of the dealings in this book. I have read many international thrillers and none were quite as complicated as this one. I think the author could help the reader by explaining some of the things he is tal ...more
Marjorie
Oct 07, 2015 Marjorie rated it liked it
Decent work of fiction. Got bogged down in a complex convoluted mass of peripheral characters, the detail of which were not necessary. If the story was more focused it would be excellent.
Mindi
This book was okay. I think this is the author's first book, so I must say I think he has potential and I will definitely watch his upcoming books. He initially jumped around a lot between the characters without proper character development which made it difficult to remember everyone and what part they played. Once I was able to get all the characters sorted out, then the book got more enjoyable to read. It did drag in parts and his descriptions of scenes, thoughts, and characters felt labored ...more
Robert Hill
Mar 26, 2016 Robert Hill rated it liked it
A mediocre story.
Richard
Apr 13, 2010 Richard rated it did not like it
In spite of the publicity comments by authors who should know, I found this "action packed debut thriller" to have a vague, weak opening; too many characters; poor character development and a plot too complicated for people not interested in more stock fraud stories. The locales are described adequately, although shallowly, and the story takes too long to develop.

I don't think I will read his second book.
Alice
Apr 14, 2010 Alice rated it really liked it
For those who like thrillers packed with an interesting premise and lots of international intrigue. This is Gore's first book, and I found his writing tended to rely on adjectives more than I like. Still, it was a very good read. Most important, Gore is an international private investigator, and he has first-hand knowledge of his material.
T.J. Bell
Jun 15, 2010 T.J. Bell rated it liked it
Not the greatest book I have ever read but worth picking up. The plot builds really slowly and gets aggravating from time to time. A lot of characters to keep up with as well but the farther into the novel you get the easier it is to distinguish them. 3 out of 5. Not bad, not great.
Forrest
Dec 20, 2013 Forrest rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had a miserable time reading this book. Half way through it, I just skim read the pages. The plot was too complicated for me to figure out and too many characters to keep track of. My simple mind couldn't wrap around all the moving parts of this book.
Mark
From an apparent drive by shooting in San Francisco, SEC investigations of a stock collapse to internation intrigue, Gore pretty much covers all the bases...not the "action-packed" thriller as advetised, though a decent read
Mark
a PI investigating massive international financial fraud involving "Dot Com'rs" and Russian Mafioso's...not the pace that I usually enjoy, though the characters were strong and likable...decent read only!!!
Tom Kinney
Mar 24, 2013 Tom Kinney rated it really liked it
More in-depth than your standard private eye novel. Very richly detailed story, and good depth of the characters. Some of the financial transactions were over my head, but overall a great read.
Bill Shaw
Oct 11, 2011 Bill Shaw rated it liked it
Good read with an awful lot of characters to keep track of. Lots of international intrigue.
Susan
Jul 24, 2011 Susan rated it really liked it
Very good read. Political/financial conspiracy
3rdApache
3rdApache marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Maddie
Maddie marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Bryan
Bryan marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Eric Olsen
Eric Olsen marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Kristina Griffin
Kristina Griffin marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
eileen frost
eileen frost rated it did not like it
Jul 06, 2016
Brandon Randell
Brandon Randell marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
David Hauntz
David Hauntz marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Ashes to Water
  • Asylum City: A Novel
  • With Love from the Inside
  • Signature Kill (Frank Behr #4)
  • Too Bad to Die: A Novel
  • Moonlight Falls: Dick Moonlight
  • Secrets of State
  • Protocol Zero (Joe Rush, #2)
  • Du
  • Ragged Dick & Mark, the Match Boy
  • Mirror Image
  • Mordet på Harriet Krohn (Inspector Konrad Sejer, #7)
  • Sleep No More
  • The Mask (Vanessa Michael Munroe, #5)
  • The Silent Cradle
  • Fade
  • Be Mine
  • The Spider and the Sparrow
Steven Gore is the author of the Graham Gage thrillers and a former private investigator in the San Francisco Bay Area. He has been honored for his investigative achievements, has been featured on 60 Minutes, and has lectured to attorney and investigator organizations on subjects ranging from police misconduct to the design of investigative databases.

Series:
* Graham Gage
More about Steven Gore...

Graham Gage (4 books)
  • Absolute Risk (Graham Gage #2)
  • Power Blind (Graham Gage #3)
  • White Ghost (Graham Gage #4)