Start by marking “Murder Never Forgets” as Want to Read:
Murder Never Forgets

Murder Never Forgets (Carla Day #1)

Suspicious events at an assisted living facility-and her father's ramblings about a dead woman on a nearby beach-lead Carla Day into a shadowy mystery, and into the deep recesses of the brilliant old man's memory.
Published December 5th 2006 by Berkley (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Murder Never Forgets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Never Forgets

Chris
Feb 22, 2010 Chris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Tamara
Apr 21, 2008 Tamara rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: someone REALLY bored
Recommended to Tamara by: Cayden
I was purusing the library shelves when Cayden grabbed this book and said "I got one for you mama!" Otherwise I wouldn't have given this a 2nd look. Now that I'm reading it I can say that it isn't too bad for a brainless quick read. Every once in awhile I just go with the flow & read whatever is put in front of me.

Okay - just finished this one. What a crummy book! Don't bother!!!! COuldn't beleive how silly th eplot line was & then end was SO SO SO predictable. That's what I get for lett
Trudy
Feb 11, 2013 Trudy rated it it was ok
Though at times confused and meandering, Murder Never Forgets had a few good points. O'Hehir is a wordsmith and sometimes that comes through. However, there is a lot of "filler" that does not even tie in well with the plot. The book goes on for fifteen pages after the story should wrap up, and it appears that the author is trying to set up a next book. Most readers will not care.

Sheriff Hawthorne, sums things up nicely on page 279: "Lotta stupid stuff going on around here."
Terry
Sep 14, 2009 Terry rated it liked it
First in O'Hehir's series about 20-something Carla Day and her retired professor Egyptologist father--who also has Alzheimer's. I can't decide if I read because of the wonderful interactions between the caregiver daughter and her dad, or for the mystery. This one is set at the assisted living home, somewhere near Santa Cruz or points north--very enjoyable for the characters. Aaron Elkins blurbs for her if you need a point of comparison.
Leslie
Nov 20, 2008 Leslie added it
Don't even bother. I read about 60 pages at the beginning, couldn't even manage to read as many pages as my age, Judy, then read the last 20 pages or so. No improvement. None. 0 stars. The plot involves an Egyptologist who has Alzheimer's and is in a retirement home where bad things are happening. His daughter can't decipher whether what he says happens really did or is part of his illness.
International Cat Lady
Nov 10, 2013 International Cat Lady rated it really liked it
This is definitely a 'sweeter' kind of story than I typically read, but it was funny and had a good twist - and I enjoyed reading it. Sadly, I was hoping for there to be more of an Ancient Egypt influence, but alas.
Julie
Aug 09, 2010 Julie rated it liked it
Just enough of a different twist that I'll try the next in the series. Maybe the subject is close to my heart since the story was centered around a retirement village. I would have liked it better without all the Egyptology references, however.
Sharron
Clever, cute, and appealing main character, Carla Day, reminds me of a young Kinsey Millhone. The writing was clear, direct, and moved the pleasantly-complex plot along smoothly. I'm eager to read more in this series (which began in 2005) and hope O'Hehir will continue writing about Carla Day.
Debra
Dealing with a father living in a nursing home because of alzheimer's disease doesn't sound like an invitation to murder -- but it is here. A fascinating investigation where even the murder is up for question because the witness's mind is not reliable.

Bonnie Archuleta
Apr 12, 2015 Bonnie Archuleta rated it did not like it
It was slow - I laid it down and finished two other books since I started it. I finally gave up on it around page 185. I just could not make myself read anymore
Shirley
Oct 29, 2010 Shirley rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
This author new to me and when I saw that most of the action took place in a nursing home, I wasn't sure this was for me, but, actually, it was superb, and unusually, I didn't figure out the killer.
Celestebarnesbremer
Celestebarnesbremer rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2012
Barbara DaCosta
Barbara DaCosta rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2009
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2013
Jessie
Jessie rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2012
Franklin Arbour
Franklin Arbour rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2014
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2015
Kris Neri
Kris Neri rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2011
Diana Vargo
Diana Vargo rated it it was ok
May 05, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was ok
Aug 29, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2013
Lyndsey Rhodes
Lyndsey Rhodes rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2016
Bill
Bill rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Robert Penn
Robert Penn rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2014
Jennifer rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2012
Stacie
Stacie rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2014
Dhrider1
Dhrider1 rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2009
Christine
Christine rated it it was ok
Apr 13, 2011
Madison Mega-Mara...: Murder Never Forgets 1 3 Feb 11, 2013 05:56AM
320606
Diana Farnham O'Hehir is a poet and writer of prose from northern California. She was born in Berkeley in 1929. She taught from 1961 to 1992 at Mills College in Oakland where she is Aurelia Henry Reinhardt Professor Emerita of American Literature. She lives in San Francisco with her husband, writer Mel Fiske.

Series:
* Carla Day
More about Diana O'Hehir...

Carla Day (3 books)