Sam Who Never Forgets

Sam Who Never Forgets

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Could Sam the zookeeper have forgotten to feed Elephant, the other zoo animals wonder. "Like Sam, Rice never, never forgets her audience."--School Library Journal.
Published September 23rd 1987 by Greenwillow Books (first published 1977)

Britt-goodie of newsieness
I distinctly remember Briana cracking herself up over the way she read this. she is a dweeb.
Kristine Bruneau
Dec 19, 2010 Kristine Bruneau rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: moms of preschoolers
Sam the zookeeper is a hero at his zoo. As he makes his rounds everyday at 3 pm to feed the animals, young readers and listeners learn the names of the animals and what they like to eat. The animals are polite and always give Sam thanks. When Sam reaches the elephant, his cart is empty, which makes the elephant sad. Not too worry - Sam returns with exactly what his large friend needs.

This is a sweet tale to read aloud to pre-schoolers, especially ones who love animals. The lessons are important...more
Beverly
One of my favorite books about zoos to use in pre-school storytime.
Marguarite Markley
Excellent story to add props to and let the children interact as you read the story aloud. An oldie but a goodie.
Asho
This is a cute animal-centric book. The pictures are simple, bold, and colorful and my baby loves looking at them. I loved the sweet elephant who thought he had been forgotten. Overall, a charming little book.
June
May 02, 2013 June rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: zoo requests
This worked well for a community helper story time for a kindergarten class, since they had visited the zoo the day before.
Princess
This is a good book. I loved the book. to tell the truth this book is for a second grade it was not for me.
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Mar 21, 2014
MrsMaryLibrary
MrsMaryLibrary marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodnight, Goodnight New Blue Shoes Peter's Pockets Benny Bakes a Cake City Night