Start by marking “Jiu Jiu” as Want to Read:
Jiu Jiu

Touya Tobina

Jiu Jiu (Jiu Jiu #1)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  355 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews

Reads R to L (Japanese Style), for audiences rated teen plus.

Born into a family of “Hunters,” Takamichi's destiny is to pursue and slay demons. When her twin brother is killed, she is saved from despair by a pair of Jiu Jiu—shape-shifting familiars—in the form of two wolf pups named Snow and Night. Now Takamichi is in high school and an active Hunter. Snow and Night can'

190 pages
Published 2009 by Hakusensha

To ask other readers questions about Jiu Jiu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jiu Jiu

Amy Umlah
this was supposed to be a happy manga!!!
Rachel
Jun 06, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Takamichi is a Dark Hunter, a hunter of demons. Along with her "dogs", she fights to protect mankind. Rather than focusing on a particular plot, the author prefers to relate stories about these characters that define their unusual relationship, and personalities. Takamichi's daily life with her jiu jiu, half-wolf, half-human hybrids, Snow and Night, is full of never-ending worry for her, and absolute amusement for us.This pair is utterly loyal to her, however Takamichi finds returning their feel ...more
Adrienne
Sep 14, 2009 Adrienne rated it it was amazing
I started reading this on a whim while perusing an issue Hana to Yume magazine, and luckily for me, discovered the first volume had just come out.

As member of the Hachiouji family, 16 year old Takamichi is Hunter, and it's her job to destroy the Monsters who plague humanity. For three years, she's been the owner of Setsu and Yuugure, half human half wolf brothers born of a human and a Monster. Having lost her twin brother (he died saving her from a Monster) she's prickly and does every thing sh
Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: I've finished a couple of manga series lately and am looking for a new one to start.

I liked the idea of this series being about a female "Hunter" who pursues and slays demons and the pair of wolf cub shapeshifters she's given as her familiars to protect her. Unfortunately this is not how it read for me. Takamichi is a spoiled, rude, obnoxious girl who gets what she wants except for having the wolf pups dumped off on her. So she treats them cruelly, with disdain and no show of
Ariane
May 14, 2013 Ariane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is cute and touching, if not very original. Takamichi is a proper bitch with a very sharp sword and I love her for it, but beyond the characteristics of the "sullen girl" stereotype there isn't much to her. Snow and Night, her Jiu Jiu werewolf puppies, are completely adorkable but could have easily come out of any boy-harem type book. The antics that follow the clashes between Takamichi's personality and those of her 100%-puppies-in-human-form are funny, especially if you've ever owned ...more
Chibineko
I loved the first volume of this, but I do have to say that the #1 issue with this manga is that it really is a stereotypical series. All of the most common story lines, characters, and ideas of a supernatural manga series are seen here. Loner chick with a tortured past? Check. Love triangle with two hot guys? Check. Supernatural creatures that pop out to further the story along? Check. There really isn't much here that you haven't seen in a bajillion other series in the genre.

Yet somehow I rea
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Oct 20, 2012 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, manga, favorites
~4.5/5
[Also available at my blog.]

This book was fantastic. I wasn’t even aware that Shojo Beat was releasing a new series, which is very unlike me, but I saw it on the shelf at the bookstore and immediately decided to get it. It looked pretty, and I only skimmed the back, as my faith in Shojo Beat is very big. I was excited to start it, and I’m glad that it was even better than I’d thought it would be.

It’s about a girl, Takamichi, the daughter and heir to a clan of hunters. Her twin brother died
Missy
Dec 02, 2013 Missy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, ebook
So I’m putting out a review on the first book but I’ve read the entire series so I will go through it all. Don’t worry, I won’t spoil it for you. I have to say that I loved the artwork and Touya-sensei took a story that seemed like your run of the mill harem manga and went a different way with it.

Takamichi is the main character and a female born in a Hunter’s family where the heir, her brother, died at a young age leaving her to succeed the family. As a gift and a way to take her mind off things
Selena
This one was surprisingly entertaining.

I got it from the library simply because I hadn't seen it before and I'm always up for trying something new.

So far, this is like someone took Natsume's Book of Friends and spliced it with the demon hunting of Blue Exorcist.

It's cute. It follows the story of a "hunter" named Takamichi and her pets Jiu Jiu, Snow and Night.

So far, it's a little light on plot, but sometimes, fun characters and an interesting concept is all a manga needs.
Skye (Skye's Scribblings)
Grabbed this from the library purely on a whim with no idea what it was about and was pleasantly surprised to discover just my kind of series! Dark but humorous - can't wait to read the rest of it.
Whitney Carlisle
May 25, 2016 Whitney Carlisle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This book was hilarious with just a touch of darkness. I can't wait to see how the story develops.
Nina Fonteneau-Fuentes
I LOVE THE PLOT
I LOVE THE ART
I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SERIES!!!!
Nancy
Apr 03, 2016 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like the story but I didnt understand the ending, hence I hate it ...more
Kyrstin
May 05, 2014 Kyrstin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I love this manga and Snow and Night are so adorable!!!
Addie
Dec 11, 2015 Addie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
another cute one! okay, bed for me!
Jennette
Jan 26, 2016 Jennette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series
Nelly Thom
Jan 27, 2014 Nelly Thom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a sweet story of devotion. Loved the characters, specifically night. Men in glasses? Yes please.
Barbary
Jul 07, 2014 Barbary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Weird
Dolores
3 1/2 stars. I'm reserving judgement a bit on this one. Takamichi is pretty obnoxious. BUT. I can understand why. She has lost someone very dear to her and she is determined never to let anyone else get close. Doesn't make her any more likeable, but at least the reader can relate. The series also jumps around in time without any warning, which took a bit of adjusting, but I can see promise here. I think it will be very popular with my teens.
Filia Martin
My actual rating is something like a 2.5. This book took way too long, in my opinion, to get anywhere. The first few chapters were really slow, and nothing important seems to happen. It takes until the last two chapters for the series to show some potential.
When it does start to get somewhere, though, it does become a compelling read. As it does show potential, I will continue to read it.
Evie
I borrowed this manga from a friend and I am glad I did. It was cute at times and had its chuckles but there didn't really seem to be much of a plot (although this might change in later volumes) and I wasn't overly invested of excited about what was going to happen next.
Kate
Nov 19, 2012 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun start to an interesting manga concept involving a supernatural hunter and her familiars (or Jiu Jiu as they're called). It was fun to see how eager the two "pups" are to prove their worth to Takamichi. I can't wait to see how they develop from here on out.
Miss
Oct 19, 2012 Miss rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a case of the premise and main character being massively my kind of thing so I'm going to give the author a few volumes to actually get good at writing it. Potential! Potential all over this mess! 3 stars
Ilib4kids
Jiu Jiu. Vol. 3 741.5952 TOB V.3
Jiu Jiu. Vol. 4 741.5952 TOB V.4
Jiu Jiu. Vol. 5 741.5952 TOB V.5
Keyanna Mcgriff
May 16, 2013 Keyanna Mcgriff rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Night and snow are absolutely the cutest, and Takamichi is so lucky to have them at her side. I admit though they are quite the handful, but she love them and they lover deeply.
Jenna
I like the idea but I really don't find the drawing style that flattering, especially as the author said she was supposed to have written a series about "two gorgeous boys".
Sabrina
Sep 01, 2012 Sabrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good read. I enjoyed it, and think that it should be more well-know than it is now.
Paige
I love this book. The plot is unusual but still cute. It's a must read in my opinion.
Elsa
Jul 20, 2012 Elsa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-gn
Hoo boy, this is sort of a hot mess. Will have to see if further volumes improve.
Lucie Paris
An interesting manga that I wait impatiently to see more.

Lucie
  • Flower in a Storm (Flower in a Storm, #1)
  • Four-Eyed Prince, Volume 1
  • Phantom Thief Jeanne, Vol. 1
  • Mad Love Chase Volume 1
  • 魔界王子 devils and realist 1 [Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist 1] (Devils and Realist, #1)
  • Samurai Girl: Real Bout High School, Vol. 01
  • Dazzle, Volume 1
  • Ragnarok, Volume 1 (Ragnarok, #1)
  • Duklyon: Clamp School Defenders, Vol. 01
  • AiON Volume 1
  • Black Rose Alice, Tome 1 (Black Rose Alice #1)
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts: My Fanatic Rabbit, Vol. 01
  • Planet Ladder, Volume 1
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 03 (Dawn of the Arcana, #3)
  • Beauty is the Beast, Vol. 1
  • Arata: The Legend, Vol. 01 (Arata: The Legend, #1)
  • Blank Slate, Vol. 1