Start by marking “Flitterwig” as Want to Read:
Flitterwig

Flitterwig (Flitterwig #1)

Librarian's Note: Alternate Cover edition for ISBN10: 1741690862 / ISBN13: 9781741690866

Ella always thought she was odd, but when she meets an emotionally unstable pixie she discovers just how different she really is.

She is a Flitterwig- a human with magical blood- and only she can save the kingdom of Magus.
Published 2008 by Scholastic Australia

To ask other readers questions about Flitterwig, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flitterwig

GSGS
Really bad. Don't bother reading it. Extremely wannabe. Seriously? Did a five year old write this? It certainly seems like it.

It doesn't help that the author's name is a few letters removed from Edward Cullen's (LOL, joking)
Tegan
Jan 31, 2017 Tegan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The heavy-handed use of novel fantasy terms inhibited my enjoyment of the novel. The characters also lacked a clear goal, as well as personalities. I loved the cover and the term "Flitterwig", hence why I picked up this book, but unfortunately it didn't offer me much more.
Rachel Lightwood

When I talk about middle grade I often describe it as needing "that magical childhood quality". What do I mean by that, exactly? I mean that a book written for middle-grade children with middle-grade aged characters is only going to capture my attention if it has the special intangible quality to it that makes its characters just... well, if it is intangible I cannot really define it properly, can I? These sorts of books just need that quality to capture my attention but I didn't expect
Rachel  Hooker
Feb 20, 2014 Rachel Hooker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'Flitterwig' by Edrei Cullen is a book that brings back your imagination and gives you thoughts of joy and happiness. The story line follows the character Ella as she meets a pixie by the name of Dixon who reveals to her she is a Flitterwig and helps her explore the life of being a Flitterwig, half magical, half human. Ella lives without her family and has always felt different. One day an emotionally unstable pixie (Dixon) comes to her and becomes her best friend, along with Charlie (a fellow f ...more
Emily Hulme
Feb 08, 2017 Emily Hulme rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I could not even get half way into this book. I tried really hard to push through and give it a good shot, but just couldn't. The writing style is what i found the hardest while attempting to read it, as i has a very odd aspect to it. The plot itself, i could not understand at all.
Impishfae
Charming and winsome without being cloying. My daughter (8) pinched this book and read it before me and she enjoyed it greatly too.
Yvette Adams
My 12yo daughter and I bought this because we loved the cover. However... it's like this book is 95% aimed at children, but then 5% is a bit disturbing... a boy being possessed by an evil magical dude. We didn't enjoy it.
Hannah
Oct 30, 2013 Hannah rated it liked it
A cute book I read in my earlier years. I remember I enjoyed this as I read little to none fantasy books back then, so it was a refreshing change. I wouldn't recommend reading this if you're 12+ though.
Jess
Oct 04, 2010 Jess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THis is about a mystical girl half fairy. It is really enjoyable and interesting
Michelle
Feb 14, 2016 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this with the small girl - this was a wonderful book. Beautifully written and such an engrossing story. Looking forward to reading the next one.
Grace
Sep 14, 2009 Grace rated it liked it
I really liked how this book was all about elves and magical creatures. It was a bit of a change reading something like that!
Eden
Sep 22, 2011 Eden rated it did not like it
I din't like this book because it is childish and I do not enjoy books like this any more
Lisa Mcmaugh
Not bad for a kids story...loved the pixie...
Kirstie Ellen
Loved this book when I read it, but definitely for a younger audience.
Emma
This book was amazing and appealed to my adventurous side. Loved It!
Bec
Bec rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2014
Jaime
Jaime rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2014
Paris
Paris rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2014
Henry JiggleMaster
Henry JiggleMaster rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2015
Annie
Annie rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2012
Petaa Cee
Petaa Cee rated it did not like it
Nov 15, 2012
Paige Agate
Paige Agate rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Kay Kay
Kay Kay rated it did not like it
Mar 14, 2010
Taylor
Taylor rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2012
sophie
sophie rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2014
Rose
Rose rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Niamh
Niamh rated it it was ok
Nov 04, 2016
Lou Tennant
Lou Tennant rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2012
Ms Holzwart
Ms Holzwart rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Whisperer
  • The Legend Begins (Little Fur, #1)
  • Fantasy Fashion
  • Midnite: The Story of a Wild Colonial Boy
  • Misty to the Rescue (Mermaid S.O.S., #1)
  • Deep Freeze (Dish, #12)
  • The Boy Who Cried Fabulous
  • Lunchtime Rules
  • Fantasies of the Master Race: Literature, Cinema & the Colonization of American Indians
  • Pip: The Story Of Olive
  • End of the Alphabet
  • Emily Eyefinger (Emily Eyefinger, #1)
  • Grimsdon (Grimsdon, #1)
  • Con-Fidence
  • Careful What You Wish For
  • Winner Bakes All (The Cupcake Club, #3)
  • Questors
  • The Unusual Mind of Vincent Shadow

Flitterwig (3 books)
  • Clearheart (Flitterwig #2)
  • Scatterbungle (Flitterwig #3)