Start by marking “Phantom Dream, Volume 5” as Want to Read:
Phantom Dream, Volume 5

Phantom Dream, Volume 5 (Phantom Dream #5)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Published February 2nd 2010 by TokyoPop

To ask other readers questions about Phantom Dream, Volume 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phantom Dream, Volume 5

Ashley
This was a great ending volume. It wound up being so much more than I expected, and I'm glad that Takaya ended it exactly where she did. I wish I could do a more in-depth series review, but the material in the previous volumes is kind of distant in my head right now. Suffice it to say that this work, like Fruits Basket, incorporates a theme that's the heartblood of some of Takaya's strongest works: moving beyond the past.

After a shaky first volume, Takaya's really managed to nail the ending on t...more
Starbubbles
this one was so much better than the rest of the books. wraps up the series extremely nicely to where you want to go back and enjoy it again.
Judy (Geeky Reading)
~3-3.5/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

I’m not sure what I was expecting from this. I’m a huge fan of Fruits Basket, but I knew this wasn’t going to be similar, and I was pretty sure it was an earlier work (which it is).

I think my biggest problem with the series was that it was rather slow and hard to get into at times. Maybe I just wasn’t all that caught up in the plot or characters, but there were times where I paused reading the next volume for a little too long.

The art is obviously he...more
Julie
Jun 18, 2011 Julie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Julie by: Phoebe
Overall I did really like this series, even though some of the plot twists are clearly favorites of Takaya's (particularly where they involve gender bending and people unexpectedly changing sides). Might have enjoyed it more if I hadn't read Fruits Basket and Tsubasa first. It was fun watching Takaya's art style develop. By the end of this series, she ended up pretty much where she started in Fruits Basket, art-wise.
Marie
Un final un peu convenu. Le véritable "méchant" n'était pas celui qui était désigné dès le début de l'histoire et tout finit bien pour tout le monde, après de multiples rebondissements.
Crystal
Overall This series was ok. It got better as it went on. It ended well and I am happy the story took the turn that it did.
Marina
I gave this a 4 star due to the good ending.
Brianna
yay! i got the happy ending that i wanted.
Naomi Moffitt
Naomi Moffitt marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Corinna
Corinna marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Faliha
Faliha marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Hawi Roba
Hawi Roba marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Abigale
Abigale marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Wendy
Wendy added it
Apr 14, 2014
Ash
Ash marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Phantom Dream, Volume 3 Liselotte Witch's Forest vol 1 Liselotte Witch's Forest vol 2