Start by marking “From Pride to Humility: A Biblical Perspective” as Want to Read:
From Pride to Humility: A Biblical Perspective

From Pride to Humility: A Biblical Perspective

4.6 of 5 stars 4.60  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  7 reviews
God has given us a model to follow in order to be what He wants us to be, and that model is the person of Jesus Christ. We must first want to glorify God with our lives and realize that it is Christlikeness that will help us to do that. The humility of Jesus Christ is His most stunning attribute, and the sin of pride is probably the most detestable to God. Pride is a form ...more
Published July 10th 2002 by Focus Publishing (AU)

To ask other readers questions about From Pride to Humility, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Pride to Humility

Kathleen
A succinct & ever so helpful little booklet on the severely neglected subject of pride & humility.

The author does an effective job of contrasting the two with lengthy descriptions of how pride & humility are manifest in people's lives.

Because the practical application is incalculable; I envision this being a powerful tool in the hand of a pastor, Christian counselor & lay person alike who sincerely desires to grow in true grace & humility.

An invaluable resource that I intend
Mandy J. Hoffman
Apr 19, 2009 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adult
"Of all the biblical examples of humility, the greatest by far is the example of Christ Himself." This book is a short study of moving from a life of pride to one of humility. A biblical perspective with a helpful list of manifestations of both pride and humility. You can't read this and not be challenged, encouraged, and humbled.
Aaron Pratt
this pamphlet will open your eyes to the pride that is the root of all sin in your life. this is a hard truth but a necessary reality, because the sight of sin is the first step to repentance and restoration... therefore it can be a joyous thing rather than a condemning one.
Landon Chapman
A wonderful primer on removing pride and "putting on" humility.
Jessica
Get this book. Read it. Read it again. Read it next month. Keep a copy slipped inside the back cover of your bible.

I knew I had pride issues. But I didn't know the half of it. Take a good look into what it means to be proud or humble --it will change your life!
Erin Schanz
Clear, concise, Biblical, convicting. Thinking this should be an annual read.
clAViD
Jan 08, 2008 clAViD rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who struggle with pride (i.e. everyone)
READ THIS. Short but powerful and EYE-OPENING.
Kyle K
Kyle K marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Daniel P
Daniel P marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Wilma  Coate
Wilma Coate marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Ben
Ben added it
Aug 07, 2015
Renita Howe
Renita Howe marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Sandrine
Sandrine marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Lena Cole
Lena Cole marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Jeff Buxton
Jeff Buxton marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Gordon
Gordon marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
RobinandDiane Haller
RobinandDiane Haller marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Emily Serven
Emily Serven marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Stuart Scott is associate professor of Biblical Counseling at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. He also a board member of the Biblical Counseling Coalition.
More about Stuart Scott...
The Exemplary Husband: A Biblical Perspective Counseling the Hard Cases: True Stories Illustrating the Sufficiency of God’s Resources in Scripture Biblical Manhood: Masculinity, Leadership and Decision Making Killing Sin Habits: Conquering Sin with Radical Faith Communication and Conflict Resolution: A Biblical Perspective