Start by marking “Freeze Tag” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Freeze Tag

Caroline B. Cooney

Freeze Tag (Point Horror)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  1,022 ratings  ·  59 reviews
When Meghan and West first played Freeze Tag with Lannie, it was no ordinary game. Because when Lannie tagged someone, they really froze. Icy blue and cold. Like death.Now Meghan, West, and Lannie are in high school, and Meghan and West are in love. They're the perfect couple. But Lannie is determined to have West for her very own... and if she doesn't get her way, she'll
Published November 19th 1999 by Scholastic Point Horror (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Freeze Tag, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freeze Tag

Kate
Back when they were kids, Meghan Moore and the Trevor kids played a deadly game of Freeze Tag with their neighbor Lannie. Lannie said she could actually freeze them. The price for unfreezing Meghan, who Lannie hated, was for West Trevor to promise that he would always like Lannie best.

Years later, Meghan and West are in high school and in love with each other. That game of Freeze Tag is a distant memory, until Lannie returns wanting West to deliver on his promise.

I came across this book in a us
Nattie
What a fantastic book. I highly enjoyed it. The details and the overall writing was poetic and amazing.

Now for the bad. I hated the heck out of Lannie, she made me so sick I couldn't see straight. There is no excuse for Lannie's behavior, and I got tired of Meghan trying to act like there was. Lannie was evil; too evil, and she enjoyed it.

Some of the chapters are basically the same chapters with the characters using similar words. Lannie gets mad at somebody, the others are scared of her, Lanni
Jessie
Well what can I say about this book? I found Meghan to be annoying. I remember Caroline B. Cooney as one of my favorite authors growing up. I had loved her characters. Meghan on the other hand? No. She was in a relationship and basically that was all she was. Was there really nothing more to her? And the ending? Oh come on. Am I to believe that Lannie changed because she was stuck in a car for a few hours? Really? Yeah, I don't think so.
Keriae
Viktoria Jean
Oct 28, 2007 Viktoria Jean rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the coldblooded
When Meghan and West first played Freeze Tag with Lannie, it was no ordinary game. Because when Lannie tagged someone, they really froze. Icy blue and cold. Like death. And she wouldn’t unfreeze them until West promised to always like her best, no matter what. Now its three years later and Meghan has forgotten all about Lannie and the promise she extracted that day. Meghan and West are in high school and they’re the perfect couple. But Lannie hasn’t forgotten, and she’s determined to have West f ...more
Kali
Marnee Brower
An unfamiliar title from a nostalgic favorite author, I wanted to re-familiarize myself with this style of book. The plot was appropriately mysterious with deemphasized cliff-hanger chapters with a bit of paranormal thrown in. Not quite as exciting as other books of the same genre I remember from my own middle school years, but not a disappointment either.

This book does not fit into the list of what I would teach in a classroom, but it could safely have a place in my classroom library and be rec
Elizabeth
I genuinely think this might be the best title Caroline B. Cooney ever wrote (and I'm a big fan of The Stranger). I read it when I was 12 and I reread it to my sisters as a bedtime story when I got older. They wanted the next chapter, and the next, just like me. It also has a good moral dimension to it, more akin to Christopher Pike's books than Point Horrors. I felt very satisfied with the ending and uplifted. Very good.
Debbie
May 28, 2008 Debbie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teen horror/suspense fans
Meghan admires the Trevor family--the way they are so warm and welcoming, and the way the three kids (West, Tuesday, and Brown) all get along. Every chance she gets, Meghan hangs around. Even at nine years old, she has a crush on West and believes they will be together someday. When Meghan, West, Tuesday, and Brown play Freeze Tag with Lannie, a neighborhood girl who nobody likes, they discover that when Lannie touches you, you really freeze. Lannie refuses to unfreeze Meghan until West makes a ...more
John Neiro
I flew through this book, precisely because I found it to be so interesting, engaging, and thrilling. What is perhaps most unique about this book is that the reader arguably does not know whether or not they should hate Lannie, who is depicted as cold-hearted and manipulative, or feel sympathy for her - she has to go to such desperate extremes to feel loved in a world which has not given her much love. A great read.
Alexandra Revilla
In the horror book Freeze Tag by Caroline B. Cooney there is a girl named Megan, she lives in a neighborhood with her two friends West and Lannie. Lannie is a special gift given girl she has the power to freeze anyone whom sh touches. When the three where very young they made a promise that West would always like Lannie better than Megan or else Lannie would freeze Megan to death. Years later Megan and West and Lannie fall in love and forget the promise they made to Lannie. When Lannie reminds ...more
Autumn
Great story...but the end seemed like it should have been the halfway point. There was so much more that needed to be known!
Laurelyn
Meghan Moore and the Trevors’; West, Tuesday and Brown, played with Lannie Anveill but weren’t friends with her. None of the kids who lived on Dark Fern Lane were truly friends with Lannie, they only would ever invite her to occasions because their parents urged them to. That was before high school. That was before Lannie started demanding that West go out with her instead of Meghan. That was when Lannie started to scare people, more class mates than just the neighborhood kids; scared stiff, sca ...more
Britni
Read in elementary school over a decade ago and still remember it so well, left an impression on little me.
Ana
May 17, 2011 Ana is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Meghan was anxious to know what had happened with West and Lannie. She decided to call West. They met at his truck like they have done before. West had told Meghan he didn't make anything clear about them going out to Lannie. Meghan tried to get out but couldn't. They hugged and when they were about to kiss, Lannie freezed them. Lannie stood in the door swinging laughing. Tuesday and Brown then went and tried to make a deal with Lannie by inviting her to a slumber party. Lannie wanted West becau ...more
Anna
I remember this book! I read it in middle school!
Hailey
Lannie is that scary little girl down the street, the one no one likes to play with. But one evening, she does get to play her favorite game: freeze tag. But when Mehgan is tagged, she really freezes---like ice. Lannie tells West that she wont unfreeze Mehgan unless he swears to love her forever---and he does.
Years later, that promise has been forgotten by West and Meghan. They are young and in love---but Lannie remembers perfectly well. And she'd do anything to keep West for herself.
Erin
That was....odd. Not so sure about the ending.
Darcey
Aurora
When Lynne plays freeze tag, you will actually freeze when she catches you. When a girl named Lisa plays freeze tag with Lynne and Wednesday, Lynne freezes her. The only reason she did was because Lisa promised she would not go out with Wednesday. 17 years later, Lisa has forgotten her promise. Lynne remembers it very clearly. But what will happen to Lisa? Read the book to find out.
Matthew Lafrance
In my experience, the Point Horror books not written by R.L. Stine were... substandard by comparison. This one, while still not as good as Stine's novels, was actually REALLY good. Still not my favorite Point Horror, but one I'd recommend.
True story: it is a more faithful adaptation of the story of the Ice Princess than Frozen was :p
Veronica Rivas
I have to say this book has one of the best ending and one of the most surprising ending of all, for me at least, and I won't spoil it but it just made the the book in general- which the middle part had me bored with the cookie cutter villian of the girl who just enslaved this boy- shot up fiffty point with the ending.
Katie
It is a story about a girl who can freeze people by touching them. It creates a creepy aura of something not so creepy. It over dramatizes freezing to the point where almost everything in the story is cold and icy. It is too much and there is not enough story. I wouldn't suggest it and it made me feel depressed.
Na'taia G.
Kez Green
I really enjoyed this but felt like the ending wasn't really complete, I'm sure it was left that way on purpose but just thought for me, it could have teen a bit more defined but overall if you're a fan of caroline's books it's definitely worth the read
Kate
I found a newer edition of this book at a used bookstore and something about the description sounded familiar... but the cover wasn't. This is the original cover of the book I read, though I will be posting my review under the other edition as I re-read!
Elizabeth  Sperry
I really loves this book! I gave it four stars because I honestly hated the ending. It's one of those "wait, what happens next?!?!" Endings. But I highly recommend this book!! Read it!!! Read it or Lannie will freeze you!!
Wayne Huerta
i jst started reading and i'm on page 45 right now i feel sorry for meghan because that evil thing lannie stole her boyfriend and lanmnie seems like a very mean little person so far i like the book it is pretty good
Sheridan
This was a new experience for me, but I was very happy I read this novel. It introduced me to a new genre. I liked the characters and the title is very fitting! (more in-depth review coming soon)
Readhead
Dec 11, 2007 Readhead rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Horror story lovers
Alas, this was my first Caroline B. Cooney book, and probably will always be one of my favorites. It's got that fantasy element I love so much. I would read it again if I could find it. Maybe.
  • Fatal Secrets (Point Horror, #24)
  • The Accident (Point Horror, #16)
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • Mother's Helper (Point Horror, #14)
  • The Phantom
  • The Ripper
  • The Yearbook
  • Amnesia
  • The Snowman (Point Horror, #21)
Caroline Cooney knew in sixth grade that she wanted to be a writer when "the best teacher I ever had in my life" made writing her main focus. "He used to rip off covers from The New Yorker and pass them around and make us write a short story on whichever cover we got. I started writing then and never stopped!"
When her children were young, Caroline started writing books for young people -- with rem
More about Caroline B. Cooney...

Point Horror (1 - 10 of 101 books)
  • Blind Date (Point Horror, #1)
  • Twisted (Point Horror, #2)
  • The Lifeguard (Point Horror, #3)
  • Prom Dress
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • The Baby-Sitter (The Baby-Sitter, #1; Point Horror, #5)
  • The Baby-Sitter II (Point Horror, #17)
  • The Babysitter IV
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
The Face on the Milk Carton (Janie Johnson, #1) Whatever Happened to Janie? (Janie Johnson, #2) The Voice on the Radio (Janie Johnson, #3) What Janie Found (Janie Johnson, #4) Code Orange

“But West, like the rest of the Trevors, was endlessly polite. It gave them protection; they could stand neatly behind their courtesy.” 2 likes