Blank-133x176
Amsterdam

Robin Pascoe

Amsterdam (Dk Eyewitness Travel Guide)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Helps to discover Amsterdam, one of Europe's great cities of art. This guide captures the essence of Amsterdam with 3D models, cutaways and floor plans of different sights from the historic museum quarter to the markets at Dam Square. It covers day-trip destinations from Amsterdam, such as Haarlem, Delft, The Hague and Alkmaar.
Published (first published March 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Amsterdam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amsterdam

Renata Prado
Very useful but nowadays you can get much better information on the web...
Jodi
Honestly, I have no idea if the information is correct--I'll find that out after my trip. The reason I added this to my list is that it was so astounding that the edition I read (2009) was so poorly edited. Slews of printing mistakes, words broken up where they shouldn't have been, sentences dropped off . . . became a bit of a distraction.
Needless to say, this will not take away from my trip--just felt compelled to comment on it.
Eden
I went to Amsterdam and this book was my life saver. We found our hotel from this book and used the map from the book to help us found our way around. There were a few things that was said in the book that were not up-to-date but that happens. Overall this book paid for itself.
Natalie
The DK Eyewitness Travel Guide series are my favorite travel guides. I appreciate the practical information and really like that they have full-color pictures of the sites.
Leonard
A nice colorful guide to this popular tourist attraction. This book is a little too large and heavy to carry all day in a pocket but a small pack would easily handle it.
Lee
Written in typical DK Eyewitness style it helps to break down Amsterdam zone by zone, singling out the best sights to visit.
Raidah Intizar
Mi and Ba brought me this book as goodies from Amsterdam. Thankfully, it's english. But yet, i'll learn dutch language.
John
Nice maps, great concise neighborhood focused pages. Perfect for copying select pages to take on the trip.
Anna M.
It helped me getting around a big city like Amsterdam easily!
Milan/zzz
Great companion on my Dutch adventure :)
Carolin
Eyewitness guides are the best
Cassandra
Jan 08, 2009 Cassandra is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This is part of my next itinerary!
lvivflorida
lvivflorida marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Christopher Bond
Christopher Bond marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Jonpaul
Jonpaul marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Daia
Daia is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Raising Global Nomads: Parenting Abroad in an On-Demand World Expat Women: Confessions - 50 Answers to Your Real-Life Questions about Living Abroad A Moveable Marriage: Relocate Your Relationship Without Breaking It Homeward Bound: A Spouse's Guide to Repatriation A Broad Abroad: The Expat Wife's Guide to Successful Living Abroad