Start by marking “Tiga Bayangan” as Want to Read:
Tiga Bayangan

Tiga Bayangan

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  3,769 Ratings  ·  423 Reviews
Berapa harga yang rela kaubayar untuk menyelamatkan anakmu?

Mula-mula semuanya terasa indah. Kehidupan berlangsung manis dan sederhana di rumah keluarga Joachim, di lembah yang diapit perbukitan. Namun kemudian segalanya berubah. Tiga bayangan mendatangi, mengikuti ke mana pun mereka pergi. Mereka hendak mengambil si kecil Joachim.

Kisah yang mengharukan dan menegangkan ini
Published September 2009 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Tiga Bayangan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiga Bayangan

Seth T.
Mar 24, 2011 Seth T. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics

Kids, from time to time, will die from terrible conditions that for-better-or-worse will give parents a good space of time in which to quietly go mad. Leukemia, cancer, some horrible incurable disease that causes the body to slowly shut down. It happens. And it's always distasteful. And Cyril Pedrosa made a comic about it.

It's times like this that the term comic is grossly inadequate as a descriptor of what it hopes to describe.

I am the father of a young daughter and the possibility of losing he
Sam Quixote
A farmer, his wife and their young son live an idyllic life on their farm in the country. Until one day three ominous horsemen appear in the hills, getting closer to the house every day. They’ve come for the boy. So begins a desperate game of cat and mouse as the farmer tries to save his son from his fate, running from the horsemen across land and sea - but can anyone outrun Death?

Cyril Pedrosa’s Three Shadows is a decent but flawed comic. The story takes a while to get going but once the fathe
Christopher

I should let a little time pass before writing down my thoughts on this gem of a comic. Instead, I will rave about how much I loved it, how hard it hit me, how it's such a huge shame that this is the only book translated into English by this French author/illustrator, how incredible its drawings are, very similar to Craig Thompson if you like him, how Pedrosa is one of the few black and white artists I've encountered who can really utilize the contrast of deep blacks and stark whites to perfecti
Betsy
Mar 14, 2008 Betsy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I showed my husband my latest First Second graphic novel, Three Shadows, he took a gander at where the book had originally been published. “France? Doesn’t First Second know that there are hardworking American graphic novelists being put out of their jobs because of guys like this?” He was joking of course, but after a while a person might begin to agree. Where DOES First Second come up with these people? If they’re not romancing us with handsome mummies as in The Professor’s Daughter then ...more
David Schaafsma
Dec 09, 2016 David Schaafsma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gn-european, gn-grief
A story about a couple and their young son, happy as a young family most often is, and then suddenly unannounced there are threats, danger, shadows, and the father chooses to escape with his son, to run away to keep his son safe. What would you do for you kid if you knew he might die? Anything, right?

Ach, these books are so difficult for me to read, ones about the imminent threat to your kid. Of course every parent fears in quiet moments the threat of loss. You hold her hand tighter as you cross
Chris_P
Jan 22, 2016 Chris_P rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Back then, life was simple and sweet. The taste of cherries, the cool shade, the smell of the river... That was how we lived, in a vale among the hills--sheltered from storms, ignorant of the world, as though on an island, peaceful and untroubled.

And then...
And then everything changed.

When it comes to graphic novels, I prefer those with realistc and colored drawings. In The Three Shadows the art is neither realistic nor colored. At first I found it a bit hard to follow but soon I got the hang
Ivan
Feb 07, 2015 Ivan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ivan by: Nanche
Visuals where weird and at start I found them repelling but as novel progressed I liked them more and more and at the end I loved them.

Story itself is great too.

This graphic novel is real gem.
Daniel
May 09, 2016 Katerina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Licha
Mar 07, 2015 Licha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: great-cover
Beautiful book. I don't want to give much away because part of the beauty is letting the story unfold on its own, even when you've figured out what's going on. This book held me in suspense, wondering what was going to happen once the three shadows revealed themselves. What would they look like, what would they ask of the family? Like the book jacket asks, How far would a parent go to save their child? It's a question that has probably crossed anyone's mind when they have a child.

The story did s
Kristina
May 26, 2016 Kristina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most beautiful graphic novel I've read so far! A true masterpiece!!!

It was charming, emotional, thought-provoking but most of all real. It is inspired by a real story the author has witnessed and I can honestly say that he did an amazing job representing it in a fictional world.

Ah, the artwork! Outstanding! It is exactly the way I imagine every graphic novel to be!

Best graphic storyteller!

Go, go, go! Read it :)
Callie Rose Tyler
Jul 30, 2015 Callie Rose Tyler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heavy, emotional, bittersweet.

On a base level this story is dark and creepy, three shadows want a couple's only child, their young son. The boy's father, Louis, decides to take him far away from the three shadows. He sacrifices so much to keep his son safe.

However, what makes this story powerful and memorable are its allegorical qualities. It is a story about dealing with loss, especially the loss of a loved one, a child. The final poem, which had me in tears, says it all:

In this our springtime
Vitor Martins
Esse quadrinho é muito lindo. Um exemplo perfeito de arte maravilhosa + história bem contada.
Três Sombras é uma história sobre família, luta e amor incondicional. É a clássica premissa "Até onde você iria para salvar seu filho?" contada de um jeito criativo, cheio de magia e emoção.

As ilustrações do Cyril Pedrosa são maravilhosas, sua narrativa visual conduz a história de um jeito muito legal. Algumas páginas me prenderam por vários minutos porque eu queria apenas observar os detalhes.

Eu adoro
Rebecca McNutt
This eerie but beautiful graphic novel tells a fantasy story about a couple whose child is in invariable danger. Exploring themes of death and family love, it's an absolutely incredible book.
Matt
Apr 16, 2009 Matt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this, though I don't know quite what to make of it-- the story is interesting, especially in its parts, but at the same time, I'm not sure it all hangs together. There are sequences, like the getting on the boat stuff, that take a lot longer than I think they are worth, and elements that are never really resolved satisfyingly-- like the slave holder stuff. And I struggled to see if this was a story for kids, which isn't entirely my thing, or if it was meant for adults, and if that ...more
George
Jun 12, 2015 George rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Πολύ ωραίο και ιδιαίτερα ξεχωριστό graphic novel, με ενδιαφέρουσα και αρκετά συγκινητική ιστορία και εξαιρετικά όμορφο σχέδιο, το οποίο ήταν απόλυτα ταιριαστό με το ύφος και τους σκοπούς της ιστορίας. Ο συγγραφέας και σχεδιαστής είπε να γράψει μια ιστορία με έντονα αλληγορικά στοιχεία, με αφορμή τον θάνατο ενός παιδιού και την επίδραση που έχει ένα τέτοιο τραγικό γεγονός στους γονείς του. Ακόμα και να μην πιάσετε την αλληγορία πίσω από την ιστορία, θα απολαύσετε σίγουρα την παραμυθένια αφήγηση, ...more
C.J. Cummings
A poignant, weird and wonderfully told story of family, the importance of life and enjoying those moments while you can. I really enjoyed this book. The whimsical and surreal dream-like black and white artwork works really well with the curious tale being woven. This is my first Pedrosa experience and I was taken away by it for the short time it took me to read the book. Really unique and enjoyable. A single-story graphic novel worth trying, for sure.

4.25 out of 5
Raina
I love First Second books. Beautiful cover, lovely pages. This definitely feels like a translation - tone is a little free, themes are crazy sophisticated. Beautiful, sad story, that gets pretty symbolic at the end. Sad, but lovely.
Dariusz Płochocki
Jan 03, 2017 Dariusz Płochocki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: komiksy
Piękne czarno-białe kadry opowiadające o ucieczce i tym jak brutalny jest świat i ludzie.
Mayday
Dec 28, 2012 Mayday rated it it was amazing
Shelves: not-mine
I took this randomly, just to kill time at public library because I had had what I wanted to borrow. I didn't even know at first that it was graphic novel, the title intrigued me.

For someone who is very used to manga artwork, this graphic novel is a whole new thing for me, but I had read Buddha, watched Persepolis, and that kind of artwork doesn't turn me off. It is cute, actually. Unique. And like drawing using coal on a wall, wonderful.

The story itself is quite breath-taking because I didn't
Stephen
Beautiful, allegorical fairytale. An idyllic family of three living in the woods, become aware that there are three shadows watching them, seemingly getting closer. The father attempts to protect his family from the mysterious trio, without knowing what they want or having any idea of what they will do next.

The book is beatifully drawn, with lots of controlled scribbly lines (a little reminiscent of a slightly lighter Mattotti), but Pedrosa varies his style to good effect. Some of the pages are
Karolina
I read the book Three Shadows by Cyril Pedrosa. It had an interesting cover and it had good reviews. It was a graphic novel therefore it was easy and fun to read. I wanted to read a graphic novel because they have interesting stories and pictures and they are fun to read, this book had all these qualities.
Joachim lives with his parents in a small house far away from everything. They have a happy and calm life. Until one day the three shadows come and they want to take away Joachim away. His fath
Colleen Venable
This would be a great example of why I adore :01. Wish I could say I had a hand in any of the design or progress of this book. Pedrosa's lines are so fluid and dynamic. This is a perfect example of a book that was meant to be b&w. Rather than the eye focusing on color instead it focuses on the movement and the flow of the panels. The story itself is incredible, both heart-breaking and I found myself laughing at parts as well (hic-uping angel of death, anyone, anyone?) Even the most minor of ...more
Ma
Jul 18, 2016 Ma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ben mince alors. Quand ils disent "émouvant" sur la jacquette ils plaisantent pas. Très joli conte graphique, peut-être quelques petites longueurs, mais une jolie façon d'évoquer ce sujet. Très beau dessin.
J'aimerais en dire plus, mais l'ayant pris au hasard dans la bibliothèque, j'ai aussi apprécié laisser l'histoire se découvrir.
C'est une aventure, un petit garçon, son papa, une menace et des émotions finement décrites.
Derek Parker
Jan 15, 2017 Derek Parker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An early story from Pedrosa and one that displays the tone reminiscent of his work on Disney films. This story, however, is much darker than anything you'd find at the House of Mouse. It may be a stretch to call this an all-age narrative, although it does have its places that younger readers can truly appreciate.
KayeC Jones
Jun 07, 2016 KayeC Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love graphic novels and this is a great one to pick up. It's one you can own and re-read all the time, as I do. The story is moving and the illustrations are excellent. I love that they chose a subdued color palette.
Merel
Jul 28, 2016 Merel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the drawing style and the techniques used to tell this story. However, for some reason I didn't feel very emotionally invested in the story, and was sometimes a bit confused by it, eventhough I got the point of the story.
Rob Bockman
Feb 08, 2016 Rob Bockman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful and simple, with a kind of sketchy but flowing style that calls to mind storyboards.
Mary Lee
Jun 07, 2008 Mary Lee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very creepy. Don't read it at night. Might be especially tough for parents of young children.

Book #3 48 Hour Read
  • The Professor's Daughter
  • Spera, Volume 1
  • Glacial Period
  • Big Questions
  • Âme rouge (Blacksad, #3)
  • Arrugas
208436
Cyril Pedrosa began his career in animation, working on the Disney films "Hunchback of Notre Dame" and "Hercules." He has since become a rising star in a new kind of graphic storytelling, combining the influences of animation and the literary traditions of Borges, Garcia Marquez, and Tolkien to create a unique visual handwriting.
More about Cyril Pedrosa...

“Back then life was simple and sweet. Everything was simple and sweet. The taste of cherries, the cool shade, the fresh smell of the river. That was how we lived, in a vale among the hills, sheltered from the storms. Ignorant of the world, as though on an island. Peaceful and untroubled. And then. Then everything changed.” 8 likes
“In our springtime