Start by marking “A Good Neighbor” as Want to Read:
A Good Neighbor

A Good Neighbor

Dylan admits it himself, he's a relentlessly single man in a small town, consoled only by being a good teacher and a devoted nephew to his Great-Aunts.

When the Aunts take a hand in matchmaking him with Josie, the girl down the street, Dylan doesn't tell them what kind of soulmate he's really looking for—and the fact that he's already found the man in question, Josie's bro
Published September 13th 2009 by Amber Quill Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Good Neighbor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Good Neighbor

Jenre
Sep 23, 2009 Jenre rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, contemporary, romance
Dylan is a thirtysome college professor living in small town America. He's content with his dull, predictable life and finds comfort and safety in the routine. Part of that routine is collecting his two 'aunts' from the nursing home and bringing them to his house for tea and cake. The story begins on one such afternoon where aunts Bess and Mitzi are doing their usual sly prodding and trying to fix Dylan up with one of the neighbourhood women, Josie. Little do they know that Dylan is already in a ...more
Erotic Horizon
Dec 18, 2009 Erotic Horizon rated it it was amazing
I have heard only good things about this one and just had to read it - I was not disappointed. This is a short read so expect to read it in one go and wanting more.

Dylan - teacher, nice guys and the current target of his Great- Aunts meddling is this wonderful creation that Clare London has introduced me to. He is just the typical guy next door who is comfortable in his surroundings, appreciates the small things in life, never forgetful of his manners and yet still not the perfect neighbour.

The
Marion
Apr 12, 2015 Marion rated it liked it
3.5stars!
Janie
Nov 08, 2012 Janie rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
I have to say what a hoot the two aunts were. They were totally on to him from the very beginning and I loved it. I did feel like the story was too short and that there was so much that was left out. But all in all a really cute story.
Nene
Jul 22, 2010 Nene rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
A short and very sweet read.
Jenny
Jul 22, 2014 Jenny rated it it was ok
2.5
It turns out it was pretty 'meh' from beginning to end. But it wasn't a bad or a completely waste of time. Not at all. To read if you have little free time, it's very short.
María
Apr 01, 2016 María rated it it was ok
Shelves: ready-to-read
Just nothing special, but it was ok.
Heller
Oct 26, 2012 Heller rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
I enjoyed this but I wish that we could have gotten into Neal's head so I could understand why he decided on the course of action he did.

If this had been a longer story I think I could have really loved it but because of the shorter page count there was a too much jumping around and things felt a little too spotty.

Still great characters and really interesting premise.
Meggie
May 19, 2011 Meggie rated it it was ok
I felt Dylan's frustration and desperation. He couldn't or wouldn't change because his life was set in stones. And the plot is rather simple and empty. But at list the ending is sweet and happy.
melek
Jul 28, 2014 melek rated it it was amazing
Shelves: clare-london
Dylan and Neal been seeing each other every often, they think no ones on to them but they in for a suprise.
Ben Posner
Short, sweet, and really cute. Reminds me of what whirlwind romance could be...
Morgana
R
R marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Auraya
Auraya rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Nina
Nina added it
Aug 21, 2016
sarah
sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Suz
Suz marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Skm
Skm added it
Jun 02, 2016
Aramis Lighthouse
Aramis Lighthouse rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Nagisa Furukawa
Nagisa Furukawa marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Mother
Mother added it
Nov 12, 2015
Sneezep
Sneezep marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Julia
Julia rated it did not like it
Dec 15, 2015
Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Daybreak (Eight Nights #2)
  • Out of the Fire
  • Idaho Pride
  • Blue Fire
  • Custom Ride (Custom Ride #1)
  • Putting Out Fires (Coda Books, #4.5)
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • To the Highest Bidder
  • The Obsolete Man
  • Get What You Need
  • Ice Cream on the Side
  • Dash and Dingo: In Search of the Tasmanian Tiger
  • Simple Men
  • Dragon's Kiss (Mother Earth, #1)
  • Dreaming in Color
  • Prove It
  • Windows in Time
  • Seeking Something Wicked (Utopia X, #2)
Clare took the pen name London from the city where she lives, loves, and writes. A lone, brave female in a frenetic, testosterone-fuelled family home, she juggles her writing with her other day job as an accountant. She’s written in many genres and across many settings, with award-winning novels and short stories published both online and in print. She says she likes variety in her writing while f ...more
More about Clare London...