Start by marking “A Good Neighbor” as Want to Read:
A Good Neighbor

A Good Neighbor

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Dylan admits it himself, he's a relentlessly single man in a small town, consoled only by being a good teacher and a devoted nephew to his Great-Aunts.

When the Aunts take a hand in matchmaking him with Josie, the girl down the street, Dylan doesn't tell them what kind of soulmate he's really looking for—and the fact that he's already found the man in question, Josie's bro
Published September 13th 2009 by Amber Quill Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Good Neighbor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Good Neighbor

Jenre
Dylan is a thirtysome college professor living in small town America. He's content with his dull, predictable life and finds comfort and safety in the routine. Part of that routine is collecting his two 'aunts' from the nursing home and bringing them to his house for tea and cake. The story begins on one such afternoon where aunts Bess and Mitzi are doing their usual sly prodding and trying to fix Dylan up with one of the neighbourhood women, Josie. Little do they know that Dylan is already in a ...more
Erotic Horizon
I have heard only good things about this one and just had to read it - I was not disappointed. This is a short read so expect to read it in one go and wanting more.

Dylan - teacher, nice guys and the current target of his Great- Aunts meddling is this wonderful creation that Clare London has introduced me to. He is just the typical guy next door who is comfortable in his surroundings, appreciates the small things in life, never forgetful of his manners and yet still not the perfect neighbour.

The
Janie
I have to say what a hoot the two aunts were. They were totally on to him from the very beginning and I loved it. I did feel like the story was too short and that there was so much that was left out. But all in all a really cute story.
Nene
A short and very sweet read.
Jenny
2.5
It turns out it was pretty 'meh' from beginning to end. But it wasn't a bad or a completely waste of time. Not at all. To read if you have little free time, it's very short.
Heller
I enjoyed this but I wish that we could have gotten into Neal's head so I could understand why he decided on the course of action he did.

If this had been a longer story I think I could have really loved it but because of the shorter page count there was a too much jumping around and things felt a little too spotty.

Still great characters and really interesting premise.
Meggie
I felt Dylan's frustration and desperation. He couldn't or wouldn't change because his life was set in stones. And the plot is rather simple and empty. But at list the ending is sweet and happy.
melek
Dylan and Neal been seeing each other every often, they think no ones on to them but they in for a suprise.
Ben Posner
Short, sweet, and really cute. Reminds me of what whirlwind romance could be...
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Deryncarm1970
Deryncarm1970 marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Kn
Kn marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Good Reader
Good Reader marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Mangal
Mangal marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Toya Amechi
Toya Amechi marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
  • Daybreak (Eight Nights #2)
  • To the Highest Bidder
  • Beneath the Shield (Arbor Heights #1)
  • Custom Ride
  • Putting Out Fires (Coda Books, #4.5)
  • Get What You Need
  • Idaho Pride
  • Blue-Eyed Soul
  • The Obsolete Man
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Follow The Sun (Stories from Sapphire Cay, #1)
  • Dreaming in Color
  • Simple Men
  • Carbon and Ash
  • From Out in the Cold
  • Blue Fire
  • Stolen Dreams
  • The Manny
Clare took the pen name London from the city where she lives, loves, and writes. A lone, brave female in a frenetic, testosterone-fuelled family home, she juggles her writing with the weekly wash, waiting for the far distant day when she can afford to give up her day job as an accountant. She’s written in many genres and across many settings, with novels and short stories published both online and ...more
More about Clare London...
Don't Read in the Closet: GayRomLit Retreat 2011 Special Edition True Colors (True Colors, #1) 72 Hours How the Other Half Lives Sparks Fly