Start by marking “Zomnibus, Volume 1 (Zomnibus, #1)” as Want to Read:
Zomnibus, Volume 1 (Zomnibus, #1)

Zomnibus, Volume 1 (Zomnibus #1)

They stalk, they rot, they eat flesh, they're the walking dead for Pete's sake. What's not to love about zombies?! Well, it's not all fun and yucks as this collection of three zombies tales will show, ranging from the seriously scary "Feast!" to the urban sprawl "Eclipse of the Undead," and finally ending with the surreal stylings of the one-and-only Ashley Wood in "The Co ...more
Published September 15th 2009 by IDW Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Zomnibus, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zomnibus, Volume 1

Albert Yates
this was a really good book. three different stories, involving different types of people surviving the best that they can.

I'd have to pick Zombies! Feast, the first story as the best of the bunch. You end up rooting for the inmates as they progress further into town. The ending was fantastic, as not all zombie stories have a happy ending.
Ron Turner
Dec 31, 2016 Ron Turner rated it really liked it
I was surprised at how much I liked it.

"Zombie Feast" is about a group of prisoners and guards encountering the zombie apocalypse for the first time. I liked how dark it was.

"Zombies: Eclipse of the Undead" follows a group of refugees in a stadium, including an eccentric Japanese sensei and a group of Latino gang members.

"Complete Zombies Vs. Robots" is a bit misleading because it's really just the miniseries with the Amazons. It's not really my cup of tea. Too silly. But still worth checking ou
Joe
Aug 17, 2013 Joe rated it it was ok
“Zomnibus Volume: 1” is a collection of three different zombie tales presented in graphic novel format. The cool thing about this compilation is that all three works are written by different people and the artwork is done by different artists as well meaning that the three stories actually feel unique and separate as opposed to only slightly different kinds of things written by one author. The artwork in particular in all three of the stories is fantastic and a real high point for “Zomnibus”.

The
J.
Aug 15, 2011 J. rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Three full-length stories.

"Zombies: Feast" is a solid tale hampered by incredibly inconsistent art. 3/5 have really good, dark, fitting art. But the rest has some really standard, middle-of-the-road art hampered by awkward anatomy and everything being overly wrinkly. Very middling.

"Eclipse of the Undead" has a totally-ok story and totally-ok art. It's sort of middle-of-the-road all the way around. Not a bad read, but nothing memorable.

But then there's "Robots vs Zombies" with is unbearably fun.
Gord
Oct 25, 2010 Gord rated it really liked it
This is a collection of three zombie tales; Eclipse of the Dead , Feast and Zombies vs Robots. Each story doesnt get a score above 4/5 but collectively its a fantastic buffet of zombie lore.

More accurately I would probably say
Feast 4/5 , Eclipse of the Dead 2.5/5 , Zombies vs Robots 4/5.
Michael Liggett
Jun 12, 2013 Michael Liggett rated it it was amazing
I only bought this for the Zombies vs Robots stories. I'm a big Ashley Wood fan and needed my fix! The other story in this comic looked stupid so I didn't bother reading it. This was back before I felt zombies were played out and done to death so I'd probably like it even less now...except for Ashley Wood's art!
Richard Van Camp
Nov 08, 2012 Richard Van Camp rated it it was amazing
Are you kidding me? IDW put out all of their best zombie storylines (Zombies!: Feast, Zombies!: Eclipse of the Undead, and the Complete Zombies Vs. Robots) into one book? Incredible and glorious! Get it and you will see why zombies are the new cool.
Paul
Sep 26, 2009 Paul rated it liked it
The first half of the book is utter trash, but the Ryall Zombie vs. Robot stuff is brilliant.
Jessica
intense
Tj Flair
Apr 03, 2010 Tj Flair rated it really liked it
The first story was awesome.the second was pretty good. The third lost me a lot (zombies vs robots). - The art was a bit confusing although i did like the abstract it created.
May 28, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Great stories! Loved the first one the most.
Zachary Jones
Oct 11, 2013 Zachary Jones rated it really liked it
the first two stories were pretty decent, classic zombie fare. however I didn't care for Robots vs Zombies.
Michael
Nov 28, 2009 Michael rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics
Absolute garbage. Robots Vs. Zombies is decent thanks to Ashley Wood's artwork, but it's not enough to save this tepid, poorly written zombie collection.
Chris Pederson
Apr 06, 2013 Chris Pederson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombies, fiction, graphics
Volume 1: Zombies!: Feast, Zombies!: Eclipse of the Undead, Complete Zombies vs. Robots.... I think there is some sort of theme here...
Pablo
Oct 06, 2010 Pablo rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
The Zombies vs. Robots was the best story in the book.
Nivea
Nivea rated it really liked it
May 31, 2013
Nicole Amburgey
Nicole Amburgey rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2012
Maria Madrid
Maria Madrid rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2012
Waverly Tess
Waverly Tess rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Deborah Fielding
Deborah Fielding rated it it was ok
Feb 16, 2016
Ashley Rodriguez
Ashley Rodriguez rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Rick
Rick rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2010
S J Roberts
S J Roberts rated it did not like it
Jan 24, 2016
Golden
Golden rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2015
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2015
Morgan
Morgan rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Valerie
Valerie rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2009
Hunter
Hunter rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2010
David Fraser
David Fraser rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2012
Radical
Radical rated it did not like it
Mar 17, 2013