Start by marking “How to Reach Your Full Potential for God: Never Settle for Less Than His Best” as Want to Read:
How to Reach Your Full Potential for God: Never Settle for Less Than His Best

How to Reach Your Full Potential for God: Never Settle for Less Than His Best

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  20 reviews
In "How to Reach Your Full Potential for God," acclaimed pastor and speaker Charles Stanley connects readers with the plan and purpose God envisioned when He created them.

"Things are never going to change" or "This is just the way I am--I'm never going to get better" are just a few of the damaging lies Christians believe about themselves, their situations, and their walk.
Published December 1st 2009 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about How to Reach Your Full Potential for God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Reach Your Full Potential for God

Debbie
The title of this book is excellent in describing who it's for. If you want to reach your full potential for God, then this book is for you. It's written in a style of a coach (Dr. Stanley) telling an athlete (the reader) how to win the game (a life serving God) with the game plan coming from the Bible. Some of the advice might sound a little extreme to some readers, but I'd agree that extreme is appropriate if you want to reach your full potential--just like a top athlete is willing to push the ...more
Dana Rongione
Do you ever look at your life and feel that there must be more to it? Do you ever wonder about God's plan for your life yet feel as if you're falling short? In this book, Charles Stanley hits on seven key points necessary for living your life in God's will and at your full potential.

From the very beginning of the book, I felt as if Dr. Stanley was speaking to me and that through him, God was answering many questions that I had been asking lately. God has so much in store for us, but so many of u
Reid
Charles Stanley has a lot of "how to" books and his approach is somewhat like a formula. Do the following and you will reach all your potential.

His premise is that if one
- Wants God's Best
#4 Has a Healthy Body
#5 Cultivates Right Relationships
#6 Maintains a Balanced Schedule
#7 Is Taking God-Approved Risks

Lots of wisdom in this book so I appreciated various aspects of the topic. I
Sunflower
Reading,"How to Reach Your Full Potential for God",, I was impressed by the scriptural backing of the book.

Covering seven principles that often reflect the daily concerns that as Christians, people find themselves struggling or looking how to deal with, Dr. Charles Stanley, provides biblical backed solutions and examples from the Bible of how to seek God's Word, to reach,our individual potential, to serve and worship our Heavenly Father at our best.

What ,"How to Reach Your Full Potential for Go
Margaret
Charles Stanley has always been one of the foremost Christian teachers and this book is no exception. He breaks down the steps in the simplest forms and uses stories to reinforce. I find that I'm most receptive to this type of "self help" books. I found this book easy to read and follow. It took me a LONG time to read this because I would read a chapter, let it sink in, read it again while changing my thoughts and actions to reflect the teaching. If you are looking to take your walk with God a s ...more
Readers Corner
This is a great book. I have learned so much. By God's grace, I am learning to apply God's Word in this area. I encourage everyone to read this book.
As the title suggests, How to Reach Your Full Potential for God is basically a self-help book written from a Christian perspective. Stanley makes use of the typical self-help style-book in employing numbered lists and rhetorical questions that could easily be transferred to index cards to be taped to the reader's mirror. What sets this one apart from the norm is the last phrase of the title that shifts the focus off of the self and back to God.

Unfortunately, the book felt simultaneously heavy o
Sonny
This is a Scriptural-based reference guiding toward a more understanding and rewarding relationship with God in living the life God intended for us individually. This is a book of encouragement for all levels and categories of life. Eye-opening and inspiring to see how God works in our lives. Clear and practical, easy to follow.
Kitty
Very basics of lining yourself you to be ready for what God has planned for you. Experiencing God:Knowing and doing the will of God by Henry Blackaby was the most powerful book I have read on God's purpose and how to find yours. I would say Stanley's book would be good if you have never before pondered what God purposed you for.
Read1000books
The core of this great book expounds the seven essentials for reaching your full potential for God. If you have read anything by Dr. Stanley you already know about his practical, step by step instructional way of writing. If you have yet to read this fine Bible teacher, start with this one!
Highly recommended.
Sonny
This book contains clear understanding and direction on how to live for God. Dr. Stanley writes with simplicity and understanding for the reader. I recommend this book if you are searching to achieve a more fulfilled life and find answers you have looked for a long time.
Anne Marie Gazzolo
This is the second book I've read by Dr. Stanley (the other being In Step with God) and both are great, motivational, affirming and inspirational about pursuing God's plan for your life. Definitely recommended!
Anna
I read this book at the request of a friend. It was insightful, but mostly just offered some reassurance/encouragement for what is going on in my life already. A timely read. :)
Aretha Montgomery
It was a good book. I especially enjoyed the area on starting new relationships. It gave some great advice and touched areas I had never thought of.
Carolyn
A decent if unoriginal guide to living the Christian life
Tina
Always good info from Charles Stanley
Jessica Goolsby
So far this book is amazing!!!
Eddie
great inspirational book
Tom Dobberstein
Tom Dobberstein is currently reading it
Jan 21, 2015
Margaret Thompson
Margaret Thompson marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth is currently reading it
Dec 27, 2014
Mirna Herrera-colombo
Mirna Herrera-colombo marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta, founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times best-selling author who has written more than fifty books, and has sold more than nine million copies. He demonstrates a keen awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.

Charles Frazier Stanley was born Septem
More about Charles F. Stanley...
How to Listen to God The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life When the Enemy Strikes: The Keys to Winning Your Spiritual Battles The Blessings of Brokenness: Why God Allows Us to Go Through Hard Times The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible: A Life Principles Resource