Start by marking “The Anne of Green Gables Treasury” as Want to Read:
The Anne of Green Gables Treasury

The Anne of Green Gables Treasury

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  281 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Generations have grown up reading the books about orphaned Anne Shirley and her life and adventures on Prince Edward Island in the late 1800s. This treasury invites readers to enter Anne's Victorian world and learn about the customs and fashions, inventions and world events of the time.
Published November 14th 1991 by Viking Books (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Anne of Green Gables Treasury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Anne of Green Gables Treasury

Heather
This is the perfect companion for a grown-up or high school reader of Anne. A younger reader would need help doing most of the projects in the book. I like that the recipes and sewing projects have findable ingredients and are at a level that's not too intimidating for beginners, yet feel authentic to the time and setting. I loved the timeline of what was going on in world history at the time of significant events in the lives of Anne and her children. Altogether, a lovely, sympathetic and infor ...more
Damien
Just the most beautiful set of books about girlhood and growing up in the small Town of Avonlea on Prince Edward Island, Canada, in the early 20th century. A pure delight!!! Adults and teenagers alike will love it. It is full of wisdom and humanity, funny, with tremendous emotional depth without being mawkishly sentimental. If this does not touch your heart maybe you're dead!
Bailey Jane
Nov 29, 2008 Bailey Jane rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: young women, parents, teachers
Recommended to Bailey Jane by: my parents
When my parents realized how much I read and reread the Anne of Green Gables series, they bought this Treasury for me around the age of 12. It was the very first "cookbook" I ever received (a large section of this book contains recipes Anne would have cooked for different occassions...I must have cooked Gingerbread Cake 40 times. My parents loved eating it that often I'm sure). I remember learning so much about the meaning of flowers, how to set up for the perfect tea party, and how to prepare t ...more
Angypants
Everything you want to know about being Anne is here, as well as the original story with illustrations. The drawings are done with Anne's head always facing away, as to let the reader project their image onto Anne, say the authors. Step into Anne's world, with instruction on throwing tea parties to crocheting lace to making aprons. I hate to admit that I never finished the original story, but loved the mini-series and this treasury. I did want to make scones from the recipe here, but instead set ...more
Susan
Mom - never read this book as a child, but enjoyed it thoroughly while reading with my daughter. Anne is a charming young girl full of life and vitality who grows into a selfless and strong young woman. A great book for young girls to read.

Faith - I tremendously loved this book. This was one of my most favorite chapter books I ever read. She was a deep thinker. She was truly a rare talent.
Cassandra
This is a beautiful little book, full of insight into Anne's time period. The authors did a wonderful job of fleshing out Anne's life, providing additional information about what she probably ate, studied, wore, and grew in her garden. I loved the Anne books as a child and this would have been a wonderful companion to the series.
This book is so fun (whether you are a fan of Anne of Green Gables or not). It has a timeline of events that happened during the dates covering Anne's lifetime and it has fun recipes from the time. It has a scrumptious recipe for Caramel Pie that I highly recommend!
Toni
I really liked this book. It shows how Anne would've spent her days, pictures and drawing of places in the books, craft projects, and recipes for an Anne style tea party.
Sara
I have loved this book since the day I bought it 20 years ago. I made every recipe as a young lady and tried many of the craft projects. I've read it over and over again.
A marvelous compilation of Anne. I especially liked the Anne timeline, which gives the reader a better perspective of what life was like then.
Meltha
Lovely artwork, some very neat little craft projects, and a solid number of workable recipes. I particularly liked the lemondrop cookies.
Dayna
Aug 29, 2007 Dayna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the Anne books!
I haven't seen this book in years. I read through it when I was eight or nine and I loved it, especially all of the illustrations!
Nickie
I bought this book at 13 or 14 I think. I loved it after reading and rereading all of the Anne books.
Beth
My friends wrote this book (and many more).
It's a keeper. Get it for a young new reader of the Anne series!
Ava
AMAZING! I want to make all the crafts and recipes in this! A must-buy for any Green Gables fan.
Brett
One of the best guides to Anne's world that I could imagine.
Melissa
This book was absolute heaven to me.
Relaynie
Anne Shirley,Louisa May Alcott,treasury
Meg
Meg added it
May 26, 2015
LissyRose
LissyRose marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
  • The Alpine Path: The Story of My Career
  • Lucy Maud Montgomery: The Gift of Wings
  • Autumn from the Heart of the Home
  • Anne of Green Gables Cookbook
  • Maud: The Life of L.M. Montgomery
  • Looking for Anne of Green Gables: The Story of L. M. Montgomery and Her Literary Classic
  • Mrs. Sharp's Traditions: Reviving Victorian Family Celebrations of Comfort & Joy
  • Austentatious Crochet: 36 Contemporary Designs from the World of Jane Austen
  • A Little House Reader: A Collection of Writings by Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • Small-Plot, High-Yield Gardening: How to Grow Like a Pro, Save Money, and Eat Well by Turning Your Back (or Front or Side) Yard Into An Organic Produce Garden
  • Can It, Bottle It, Smoke It: And Other Kitchen Projects
  • Scones (Scrumptious Scones, Simply the Best Scone Recipes)
  • Eternal Marriage Student Manual
The World of Little House Inside Laura's Little House: The Little House on the Prairie Treasury The Anne of Green Gables Christmas Treasury My Little House Crafts Book: 18 Projects from Laura Ingalls Wilder's The Little Women Treasury