Start by marking “The Anne of Green Gables Treasury” as Want to Read:
The Anne of Green Gables Treasury

The Anne of Green Gables Treasury

4.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  607 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Generations have grown up reading the books about orphaned Anne Shirley and her life and adventures on Prince Edward Island in the late 1800s. This treasury invites readers to enter Anne's Victorian world and learn about the customs and fashions, inventions and world events of the time.
Published November 14th 1991 by Viking Books (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Anne of Green Gables Treasury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Anne of Green Gables Treasury

Heather
Oct 10, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the perfect companion for a grown-up or high school reader of Anne. A younger reader would need help doing most of the projects in the book. I like that the recipes and sewing projects have findable ingredients and are at a level that's not too intimidating for beginners, yet feel authentic to the time and setting. I loved the timeline of what was going on in world history at the time of significant events in the lives of Anne and her children. Altogether, a lovely, sympathetic and infor ...more
Damien
Nov 17, 2014 Damien rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just the most beautiful set of books about girlhood and growing up in the small Town of Avonlea on Prince Edward Island, Canada, in the early 20th century. A pure delight!!! Adults and teenagers alike will love it. It is full of wisdom and humanity, funny, with tremendous emotional depth without being mawkishly sentimental. If this does not touch your heart maybe you're dead!
Bailey Jane
Nov 29, 2008 Bailey Jane rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young women, parents, teachers
Recommended to Bailey Jane by: my parents
When my parents realized how much I read and reread the Anne of Green Gables series, they bought this Treasury for me around the age of 12. It was the very first "cookbook" I ever received (a large section of this book contains recipes Anne would have cooked for different occassions...I must have cooked Gingerbread Cake 40 times. My parents loved eating it that often I'm sure). I remember learning so much about the meaning of flowers, how to set up for the perfect tea party, and how to prepare t ...more
Angypants
May 20, 2009 Angypants rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything you want to know about being Anne is here, as well as the original story with illustrations. The drawings are done with Anne's head always facing away, as to let the reader project their image onto Anne, say the authors. Step into Anne's world, with instruction on throwing tea parties to crocheting lace to making aprons. I hate to admit that I never finished the original story, but loved the mini-series and this treasury. I did want to make scones from the recipe here, but instead set ...more
Linda Gge
Jun 19, 2016 Linda Gge rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Treasury indeed.
Susan
Jun 30, 2009 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1800-s
Mom - never read this book as a child, but enjoyed it thoroughly while reading with my daughter. Anne is a charming young girl full of life and vitality who grows into a selfless and strong young woman. A great book for young girls to read.

Faith - I tremendously loved this book. This was one of my most favorite chapter books I ever read. She was a deep thinker. She was truly a rare talent.
Cassandra
Mar 14, 2012 Cassandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a beautiful little book, full of insight into Anne's time period. The authors did a wonderful job of fleshing out Anne's life, providing additional information about what she probably ate, studied, wore, and grew in her garden. I loved the Anne books as a child and this would have been a wonderful companion to the series.
Jun 13, 2010 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so fun (whether you are a fan of Anne of Green Gables or not). It has a timeline of events that happened during the dates covering Anne's lifetime and it has fun recipes from the time. It has a scrumptious recipe for Caramel Pie that I highly recommend!
Toni
Jun 24, 2009 Toni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It shows how Anne would've spent her days, pictures and drawing of places in the books, craft projects, and recipes for an Anne style tea party.
Sara
Aug 06, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing
I have loved this book since the day I bought it 20 years ago. I made every recipe as a young lady and tried many of the craft projects. I've read it over and over again.
Oct 23, 2008 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A marvelous compilation of Anne. I especially liked the Anne timeline, which gives the reader a better perspective of what life was like then.
Meltha
Mar 23, 2016 Meltha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely artwork, some very neat little craft projects, and a solid number of workable recipes. I particularly liked the lemondrop cookies.
Dayna
Aug 29, 2007 Dayna rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the Anne books!
I haven't seen this book in years. I read through it when I was eight or nine and I loved it, especially all of the illustrations!
Nickie
Jul 14, 2012 Nickie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book at 13 or 14 I think. I loved it after reading and rereading all of the Anne books.
Beth
Apr 16, 2008 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My friends wrote this book (and many more).
It's a keeper. Get it for a young new reader of the Anne series!
Ava
Jul 10, 2011 Ava rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING! I want to make all the crafts and recipes in this! A must-buy for any Green Gables fan.
Brett
Apr 06, 2010 Brett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best guides to Anne's world that I could imagine.
Melissa
Jan 08, 2010 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kidlit-history
This book was absolute heaven to me.
Relaynie
Anne Shirley,Louisa May Alcott,treasury
Kyndall Overstreet
Kyndall Overstreet rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Vicki
Vicki rated it really liked it
Nikolina
Nikolina rated it it was amazing
Anahita
Anahita marked it as to-read
Anna Lee
Anna Lee rated it really liked it
Debbie S.
Debbie S. rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Tanya Su
Tanya Su rated it it was amazing
Mindy Flowers
Mindy Flowers rated it it was amazing
Donna Wang Su
Donna Wang Su rated it it was amazing
  • Lucy Maud Montgomery: The Gift of Wings
  • The Alpine Path: The Story of My Career
  • Anne of Green Gables Cookbook
  • Autumn from the Heart of the Home
  • Looking for Anne of Green Gables: The Story of L. M. Montgomery and Her Literary Classic
  • Maud: The Life of L.M. Montgomery
  • Eternal Marriage Student Manual
  • Xena: Warrior Princess
  • The Little Pretender
  • Small-Plot, High-Yield Gardening: How to Grow Like a Pro, Save Money, and Eat Well by Turning Your Back (or Front or Side) Yard Into An Organic Produce Garden
  • The Jane Austen Cookbook
  • A Cheyenne Celebration (The Sweet Cheyenne Quartet, #2)
  • No Language But a Cry