Natural Speaker, The (5th Edition) (MySpeechKit Series)

Natural Speaker, The (5th Edition) (MySpeechKit Series)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The Natural Speaker is a concise, practical, inexpensive, student-friendly guide to public speaking that explores the basic skills necessary to present a natural, effective, and rewarding speech to any audience. By providing a basic knowledge of speech construction, practice, and delivery, this text is designed to enhance and improve students' natural speaking strengths. T...more
Published January 28th 2005 by Allyn & Bacon (first published June 5th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Natural Speaker, The (5th Edition), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natural Speaker, The (5th Edition)

Jennifer Reynolds
I loved this book. This is when my love for communication studies for planted. I went on to get my AA and BA in Communication. This was my first class with Randy Fujishin at West Valley. He became my inspiration to write, teach, and counsel. I took all his classes there. He was one of those influential people. He even called home to say nice things about me to my mom. What an amazing person.
Maxine
I know textbooks shouldn't count, but this one is written more like a self-help book. It's full of anecdotes and quotes on how to become a better communicator, but I found it kind of creepy overall. The author seems convinced that people who are shy and/or don't like to talk have psychological problems. I don't agree!
Ashley
Jun 26, 2008 Ashley rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: college students, anyone who has to give speeches
Recommended to Ashley by: required reading for Speech class
I read this book for my Speech 120 class and it is a wonderful book. It gives you lots of helpful and useful tips about giving speeches and how to get rid of those butterflies and fear of getting up in front of people :).
Richard
Read for my Speech 101 class. Nothing much to say good or bad about the book. I did enjoy the opening stories that opened up each section which brought the material to a more personal level.
Shannon Ma
Natural speaker has taught me to be a better public speaker. This book gives an abundance of advice, knowledge, and inspiration. Natural speaker has helped me grow in communication.
Teresa
A practical look at public speaking without the bulkiness of most textbooks. Easy-to-read and friendly writing style. Could work as textbook for informal class.
Megan
Feb 18, 2008 Megan rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Megan by: Anne Samuel
Good for the beginning speaker. Talks about first time fears, first time giving a speech, how to prepare, how to outline your speech, how to research. Very basic info.
Thuy Nguyen
Chaos
Chaos added it
Jul 16, 2014
加三 柒
加三 柒 marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Brissa
Brissa marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Van Ho
Van Ho is currently reading it
Jan 28, 2014
Huiyi Lin
Huiyi Lin marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Omar
Omar added it
Jan 12, 2014
Monica Villanueva
Monica Villanueva marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Jennifer Bawuah
Jennifer Bawuah marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Flavio
Flavio marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
Eggy Monterroso
Eggy Monterroso marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
baRbRa
baRbRa added it
Sep 19, 2013
Juan Guzman
Juan Guzman marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Chee Tos
Chee Tos marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Reiko
Reiko is currently reading it
Aug 31, 2013
Anthony Villalobos
Anthony Villalobos marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2013
Martin Duran
Martin Duran marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Angel Nogoy
Angel Nogoy marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Gifts from the Heart: 10 Ways to Build More Loving Relationships The Natural Speaker Creating Effective Groups: The Art of Small Group Communication Your Ministry of Conversation Creating Communication: Exploring and Expanding Your Fundamental Communication Skills