The Thrill of Victory

The Thrill of Victory

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  901 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Stevie Corbett is in jeopardy of losing everything--her career, her future . . . her life. For it's Judd Mackie's job to expose secrets, and now he has the chance to scoop the story of the year and let the world know the truth about Stevie. All he has to do is betray her trust. . . . Claire.
Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Desire #488, 186 pages
Published April 1989 by Silhouette (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about The Thrill of Victory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thrill of Victory

Carol Stanley-Snow
RECEIVED BOOK FREE THROUGH GOODREADS FIRST READ.

What is it about summer and romance books? I don't know and don't care. All i can say it Sandra Brown is a FANTASTIC read, not matter the season.

This story is about a tennis star and an ill-mannered sports writer who has taken it upon himself to knock her down at every chance. Before he succeeds an event happens and well...boy gets girl, girl gets boy etc etc!

An easy, relaxing read.
Ann Keller
Tennis pro, Stevie Corbett, suddenly collapses on the court. It’s the opportunity Judd Mackie has been waiting for! Somehow, if he can get close to her and learn the truth, he’ll scoop the story of the decade.

When Judd breaks into Stevie’s apartment, he finds her angry, bristling and wounded. Something is terribly wrong with her, something with the potential to ruin her career and perhaps end her life.
Judd becomes an unlikely hero to the ailing tennis pro, stealing her away from cameras and bad...more
Kristen
If you love classic romances, you'll love this easy read by Sandra Brown. Stevie Corbett is a famous teen player who collapsed during a match. Judd Mackie is the journalist who's scooping her story. They have a love/hate relationship, as they became friends, when she reveals about her ovarian cancer and the worries about her losing her dreams of having a baby. During the two weeks, they get to know each other better. They fall in love, while decisions are made, and Judd writing a novel, while ta...more
Patricia Solla
Here we have a not so young (but not so old) female tennis star who collapses on the court. The popular sportswriter who doesn't write nice things about her (for what reason you need to read the story) missed the story. Now the sportswriter finds the tennis star and the truth and finds himself helping her instead of throwing her to the wolves. Of course, the story leaks and now what do they do? Read the story and find out.
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Masih termasuk SB favorit saya.

Judd harus memutuskan antara kepentingannya sebagai wartawan atau hubungannya dengan Stevie, seorang petenis yang memiliki rahasia yang dapat menghentikan karirnya sebagai petenis yg sedang menanjak.

Stevie juga harus membuka hatinya, terhadap ketulusan Judd, dan rasa curiga atas motivasi Judd mendukungnya selama.

Linda
Just read this on a recommendation and to distract me from the vampires. I liked this cute little story but there wasn't really a plot. Fluff read.
Bookgirl89
cute read but there was no plot and you knew how it was going to end on page 5. wouldn't recommend it.
Gail Walraven
A very fast read as it is only 105 pages in the e-book version. I did not like the abrupt changes from physical loving or romantic conversations to anger with absolutely no transitions. Perhaps this was due to the shortness of the book? No time to build in any transitions? Some of them left me totally confused. Also found myself having to reread many conversations to see who was talking. This could have been due to the e-book formatting. Least favourite Sandra Brown book I have read, and I have...more
Kathy Saunders
Stevie Corbett is in jeopardy of losing everything she's sacrified and worked so hard for--her tennis career, her reputation, her future, her life. Now she has just 2 weeks to make a monumental decision, but her fate rides on keeping the truth a secret. Judd Mackie's job is to uncover secrets. Then a chance meeting with Stevie offers him the story he's been dreaming of. He has waited years for an opportunity like this to fall into his lap. Now he has the chance to scoop the story of the year- A...more
Marina Mincheva
Доста добра книжка. Чела съм и много по-добри произведения на Сандра, тази беше малко по-лека, в смисъл, нямаше много задълбоченост в самия сюжет, както я има тази задълбоченост в другите й книги. Затова давам 4 звезди, а не 5. Но тя е около 250 страници, т.е. не е никак много и може би затова не са разгърнати докрай възможностите, които предлага историята. Идеята за главна героиня тенисистка малко я приех скептично, все пак е необичайно за любовен роман, но в последствие свикнах :D Напредвам съ...more
Kelly

A classic love story by bestselling author Sandra Brown, where betrayal is only a heartbeat away from desire, and love can be found in the most unexpected places.

Stevie Corbett is in jeopardy of losing everything she's sacrificed and worked so hard for -- her career, her reputation, her future. Her life. Now she has just two weeks to make a monumental decision, but her fate rides on keeping the truth a secret.

Judd Mackie's job is to uncover secrets. He's spent the past few years trailing S

Karina Pradita
Sandra menggabungkan dan mendramakan dua profesi yang bertolak belakang dengan tidak kehilangan romance-nya sama sekali. Petenis kelas dunia yang cantik dan Jurnalis yang urakan. Seperti biasa, imajinasi pembaca diliarkan dengan penggambaran setting oleh Sandra yang detail, dan seolah-olah tempat serta suasana yang diceritakan memang benar-benar ada.
Kaye Dennan
Another compelling book by Sandra Brown. What I did notice in this book is that her romantic descriptions did not go on for pages and pages and I preferred that. I would rather have a good story line that endless pages of romantic sensations.
Hortensia
Muy romántica y bonita. Justo lo que necesitaba para relajarme el fin de semana. Algunas imprecisiones en cuanto al aspecto deportivo dentro de la trama, pero igual vale. Un poco flojo el final pero todo lo previsible que se podía esperar.
Janet
Another Sandra Brown romance complete with sexual tension galore. Popcorn read.
HK
The Thrill of Victory 二人だけの休日, Tennis player プロテニスプレイヤー、スティービー、スポーツ記者ジャッド・マッキー, just ok....more
Megan
sweet, light, short, dated. fun but forgettable read/listen. narration is pretty good, but given the dated plot (e.g. in the Epilogue, bookseller guy is surprised hero "lets" the wife work) . . .

overall good for listening while on the go/commuting/mind on other tasks. i enjoy tennis, followed some of the Olympics, so maybe i was just in the right mood to listen to this, though there isn't much sports itself. . . maybe the appeal to me was i kept picturing Kirsten Dunst and Paul Bettany in that...more
Alanna
Short & sweet....I enjoyed it
Amanda
May 17, 2012 Amanda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: won
I couldn't put this book down but had to force myself several time. This author is also Sandra Brown and Rachel Ryan. (Forgive me if I spelled the name wrong.) I was in complete shock that it was same person - I love Sandra Brown. If you are into romance book - definately get this book. I can't spoil the surprise between those 2 crazy people. The woman is into Tennis and the guy is Journalist. The rest, I'll leave it to your imagination until you get this book. Worth to read!
Suzie Quint
Sometimes it takes very little for an author to ruin a story for me. (Yes, I can be very anal retentive.) Really bad research will do it. Total disregard for reality will as well. In this case, it came at the very end of the book when the heroine feels her baby move for the first time. The hero immediately puts his hand on her stomach and feels it too. Pul-lease.
Jenna (JennaHack)
I received this book through a Goodreads First-Reads Giveaway.

It was a cute story and definitely had the fluff I love in Romance. It wasn't a spectacular story, but sweet and gave me the break I needed between heavier and longer reads.

I'd recommend it if you have the urge for a quick, fluffy read.
Joyce
Started this book earlier this week and finished it in no time. An earlier book of Browns so it is more romance than mystery and as usual in romance books you can guess the ending. I did enjoy the chain of events that it took to get to the ending though. A fast and easy read.
Betty Clark
For those who don't know this is one of Sandra Brown earlier writing when she was using the name Erin St. Clair. She has other as well. Regardless of what name of time period she write in your in for a good read.
Nada
Not really good. The characters in one moment are interesting but most of the time boring. There isn't really character development! I only finished reading this book for the sake of finishing a book I start reading!
Heather
I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love the story and the premise and tennis love stories have always been one of my absolute favorites to read, cause I love tennis too!!!
Karen
Sandra Brown has improved so high over the years. This was one of her early books and simply followed the romantic novel outline. Glad she became the exciting writer he is today.
Sandra Halford
Classic love story, blah...romance novels just don't get it for me. Fast read, plot known within the first 10 pages. Wouldn't recommend it, wish I hadn't read it.
Tammy
This book is your typical romance for one written in the late 80's. Compared to today's romance novels it is very tame.
Jenn Lawrence
Very quick read. I love the sarcastic guy with a woman who gives it right back to him. Good story.
Kris Sabater
My favorite work of Sandra Brown. Love coukd make you think twice and put your priorities to right.
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Man of Ice
  • The Playboy & Plain Jane (Dynasties: The Barones #1)
  • Blind Promises
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)
  • Boundary Lines
  • Serpent In Paradise
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • The Guy Most Likely To...: Underneath It All\Can't Get You Out of My Head\A Moment Like This
  • Love With The Proper Stranger
  • The Millionaire's Mistress (Passion!)
  • Claimed: The Pregnant Heiress (The Takeover #1)
Tiger Prince Sweet Anger Honor Bound Words of Silk A Kiss Remembered