Start by marking “Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm” as Want to Read:
Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm

Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  176 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Laudon and Laudon continue to define the MIS course with their latest comprehensive text. Information Systems in Global Business Today; Information Technology Infrastructure; Key System Applications for the Digital Age; Building and Managing SystemsMARKET "Management Information Systems," provides comprehensive and integrative coverage of essential new technologies, inform ...more
Hardcover, 11th Edition, 581 pages
Published December 30th 2008 by Prentice Hall (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Management Information Systems, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Management Information Systems

Lindsay
It was a fairly decent textbook for a topic I knew really not much about before taking my MIS class. The writing style was engaging. But I did find the review questions and the case study questions to be fairly elementary for a master's class. They actually reminded me a lot of sixth-grade level questions. But, the case studies were interesting and practical, and it was interesting to see definitions and examples for things we use or do every day but don't think about.
Emma Louise
Adding another textbook because this one I actually read through properly and while it was for my study and some would argue it doesn't count, I truly think it does in this case because I read all of it.
It was rather easy to read, in some places probably a bit wordy and dragged on, and made reference to a couple of things I felt were irrelevant now like old Mac operating systems and MS-DOS. I think it could have mentioned obsolete things such as these and perhaps not spent so much time on them.
L
K
If you know nothing of information systems, this book can provide a decently solid foundation on which to build intellectual comprehension. I find that many textbooks suffer from ridiculous amount of clip art. Mostly generic images and the cliche 'one of every colour' business employees pretending to do some important board meeting. This book has cut back on such trivialities and only diagrams of actual merit.
Johir Hussain
May 23, 2010 Johir Hussain is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
introduction
Prasad
Sep 08, 2013 Prasad marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
xyz
Rachel Bayles
Interesting case studies. Well-laid out. Good, basic overview.
Mary Ellenor
This is really a helpful book for students.
Vivian Thomas
Sorry Goodreads things aren't going to be like they used to be. Its been great, but there's someone else in my life now. No, its not you, its me. We sure had some real good times together. Maybe I'll see you around...
Nur Fadilla Octavianasari
well yeah managing systems and stuff, don't forget about supply chain management, costumer relationship management too!
Murshidul
Got very good basic ideas about the importance of Management Information Systems in a business environment
Fredrick
This can equip you with the requisite knowledge for information systems and even beyond
Athman Fadhili
I use it for teaching. It's a good reference for MIS students.
Carol
text for course. Dry, but the interactive sessions were helpful.
Nevey Badr
Mar 14, 2011 Nevey Badr marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I need this book for collage; I really want it so bad :(
Grumpylibrarian
Agha
Aug 21, 2008 Agha marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
gud
Sercan Deniz
Sercan Deniz marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Azza
Azza marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Danish Shah
Danish Shah marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Hasib
Hasib marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Nasir Saddique satti
Nasir Saddique satti marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
  • Why Not?: How to Use Everyday Ingenuity to Solve Problems Big And Small
  • Contemporary Strategy Analysis
  • Corporate Finance (Irwin Series in Finance)
  • Macroeconomics
  • Fundamental Methods of Mathematical Economics
  • Economics
  • 365 Ways To Change the World: How to Make a Difference-- One Day at a Time
  • de Bono's Thinking Course
  • The Best International Recipe: A Home Cook's Guide To The Best Recipes In The World (Best Recipe Classics) (A Best Recipe Classic)
  • Global Shift: Mapping the Changing Contours of the World Economy
  • Under the Influence: A Guide to the Myths and Realities of Alcoholism
  • Touchpoints 3 to 6
  • Organizational Behaviour: An Introductory Text
  • Economics
E-Commerce: Business, Technology, Society Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm Essentials of Management Information Systems, 10/e Essentials of Business Information Systems