Start by marking “Redefining Beautiful: What God Sees When God Sees You” as Want to Read:
Redefining Beautiful: What God Sees When God Sees You

Redefining Beautiful: What God Sees When God Sees You

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  252 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Not feeling very beautiful? Learn what beauty is from God's perspective.
Revolve speaker Jenna Lucado has teamed up with her dad, Max Lucado, to bring girls a fresh perspective on what they need to live a life of peace, joy, and confidence. What does God see when He looks at them? And how does a girl catch that vision?
Jenna reveals life accessories that are essential, and
Published September 14th 2009 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published February 29th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Redefining Beautiful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redefining Beautiful

Mandy J. Hoffman
Sep 29, 2009 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-reviews
When I picked up Redefining Beautiful I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I mean, afterall, it's a teen book and yet I am an adult woman. But being the wife of a youth pastor I figured it would be a beneficial read. What I didn't expect was for my own heart to be touched by several of Jenna's thoughts that she shared in such understandable ways.

I enjoyed the way she took our self image as a girl/woman and connected it to our relationship with our father. It is something you hear about often, yet
Maya
Apr 08, 2011 Maya rated it really liked it
I grabbed this book hearing that it was good for high school girls to read and wanted to see if it could be something I could recommend to my girls. While the writing is completely targeted for the high school age, and sometimes cheesy because of that, I also was surprised to find that a lot of the book hit right at home for me.

Lucado touches on how we redefine our beauty it how we look to God as a father figure, an area I have always struggled with. Lucado writes, "A lot of our style comes fro
Hannah Stelzl
Oct 05, 2012 Hannah Stelzl rated it liked it
Good content, easy and fun to read; lacking good Biblical foundation and depth in the teaching. Too teen pop-culture for my liking.
Kelly Hager
May 09, 2010 Kelly Hager rated it liked it
Jenna Lucado and her father, Max, discuss issues (self-esteem, dating, modesty, abusive relationships, eating disorders, divorce) and how what girls need is a good relationship with their father.

Because not every girl has this, she discusses how the father-child relationship (especially the father-daughter one) is meant to mimic the relationship that God has with each of us.

There are Bible verses and prayers, but also personal stories (the ones Max shares are reprints from his books) and that ke
Tali
Dec 23, 2011 Tali rated it it was amazing
What girl doesn’t want to be the prettiest girl in school? Or have a high confidence level? Well here’s reality, we’re not and we don’t. However this book does have many ways for your confidence to grow and for you to be a beautiful person on the inside.
Redefining Beautiful is a wonderful book that has tips and little personal stories along with bible stories that helps girls with how they picture themselves. It’s a book for any girl of any age to help boost her confidence and realize that you
Rebecca
Never finished. Got to the point where she tries to relate to girls who do not have a dad around by comparing it to when she was away at college. Let's just say she has no idea what it is like.
Ohsomanybooks
Jul 13, 2014 Ohsomanybooks rated it liked it
:) if you're ever feeling low on self-esteem, read this book to remind yourself how beautiful God made you.
Jess
Jun 14, 2015 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I loved this book. It has really changed to way I view my relationship with God, my relationship with myself and with others. This book has such great value to me. I knew going into this book that I needed this transformation. Jenna keeps the writing light with the story and the impact life changing. This will be a book I pass on to my daughters and one I will read over and over again. f you would like to see more thoughts on this book along with what else I am reading, please visit the link bel ...more
Mackenzie Lane
Jun 16, 2015 Mackenzie Lane rated it it was amazing
An encouragement for young women of God, and a definite confidence booster! I loved it :)
Carissa Josette
Jun 26, 2014 Carissa Josette rated it it was amazing
A must read for every Christian teenager
Gabrielle Heinrichs
Jan 22, 2015 Gabrielle Heinrichs rated it it was amazing
Just loved <3 <3 <3
Winta
Aug 24, 2012 Winta rated it really liked it
I really liked this book because it has some short stories that really sunk into me. Few of my favorites are on how what a girl wears says a lot on how she wants to be treated, the story of Cinderella- how she didn't run after her prince but respected herself and her step mother by doing her duties and having the prince Want to find her instead to the other way around, and a Very beautiful story on the true meaning of friendship about two friends fighting together in a war.
Renee Wallace
Oct 16, 2009 Renee Wallace rated it it was ok
The typical church-going teen-aged girl will probably not read this one her own, though she would follow it in a group situation, I think. The non-churched girl is even less likely to read it. It is, however, a good jumping-off place for the mother of tween girls. If Mom can get this into her own head, she can transmit it to her daughter. She has the best shot at it, IMO. Otherwise, as I say, I see its greatest usefulness being in a group situation.
Elizabeth
Oct 27, 2011 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Redefining Beautiful is a definite favourite of mine. I picked it up during a really difficult time in my life in which I was very insecure about myself. Reading this book changed my perspective in a lot of ways and helped me to fight my insecurities right down to the roots. Jenna writes with such a fun and engaging style, too that you will never be bored! I would recomend this to all teenage girls!
Danielle
Aug 02, 2010 Danielle rated it it was amazing
This was a really good book! I would definately suggest that teen girls read this! A lot of it was talking about how girls need to view themselves how God views them. Beautiful. A lot of times girls look, and tell themselves that they are ugly, and not as pretty as the girl that is walking by. But God sees us as beautiful, and what He thinks is waaay more important that what we think...
Tiffany
Jan 23, 2015 Tiffany rated it liked it
Cheeseball. Don't be defined by what the mirror says, but here are my beauty tips.... What's your most embarrassing moment? Take the quiz and see why you're afraid of teachers or why you like to confront. I wanted to like this but can't. Glad it was a library loan and we didn't purchase it.
Brooke
Mar 07, 2011 Brooke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It a great book i love it!!! It was so good, I like Jenna as a writer over speaker, she is awesome!!!! I highly recommend it!!!!!!! I love all the beauty tips and notes from Max Lucado. It is awesome and really defines what beautiful really is.
Cam
Mar 24, 2013 Cam rated it really liked it
The book was refreshing, and it renewed my recent failing faith to God. The analogies made her concepts easier to comprehend and be relatable. The book is easy and quick to read; its target audience is geared towards the teens. So, have fun!
Jaime
Jul 31, 2011 Jaime rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was dead on. It helped me so much to see myself through God's eyes. Even though, I still struggle to think of myself as beautiful, I think of how God must see me.
Lizzy Paulos
Dec 28, 2010 Lizzy Paulos rated it it was amazing
This book was a gift from a friend and i loved it! It really has changed my heart on what beautiful means in my eyes and how God sees me =) i love it =)
Charlie
Mar 06, 2011 Charlie rated it liked it
there are just certain chapters in the last part that i really like. other chapters were just alright.
Jaycee
Jan 23, 2010 Jaycee rated it really liked it
Author sound like she has a wonderful father from both angles...she is truely twice blessed :)
Deah Dana
Jan 11, 2013 Deah Dana rated it it was amazing
The lady I sat next to lent this to me. I read this the whole trip to Cagayan de Oro. I loved it.
Nickimiller
Feb 06, 2010 Nickimiller is currently reading it
I am currently reading this with Peyton and it raisng excellent dialog between us.
Mandy
Jan 24, 2012 Mandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful, inspiring book that shows you you're beautiful in god's eyes no matter what
Savannah
Sep 22, 2012 Savannah rated it liked it
A great book for young girls to read. :]
Amanda
Jun 01, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it
A great book for young women to read!
Lindsey
Aug 29, 2010 Lindsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great.
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Vitu
Vitu marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
  • Guys Are Waffles, Girls Are Spaghetti
  • Start Here: Doing Hard Things Right Where You Are
  • He Chose You
  • Sacred Singleness
  • The Divine Dance: If the World Is Your Stage, Who Are You Performing For?
  • It’s (Not That) Complicated: How to Relate to Guys in a Healthy, Sane, and Biblical Way
  • A Young Woman After God's Own Heart
  • Praying for Your Future Husband: Preparing Your Heart for His
  • The Prayer of Jabez for Teens (Breakthrough Series)
  • Graceful (for Young Women): Letting Go of Your Try-Hard Life
  • The Invisible Hand: Do All Things Really Work for Good (Paperback)
  • Love Has a Price Tag: Inspiring Stories That Will Open Your Heart to Life's Little Miracles
  • Double Shot (Maya Davis, #3)
  • Me, Myself, & Lies: A Thought-Closet Makeover -Bible Study Workbook