WorldShift 2012: Making Green Business, New Politics, and Higher Consciousness Work Together

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  3 reviews
A handbook for conscious change that could transform the current world crisis into planetary renewal

• Outlines the problems that make today’s world prone to breakdown and suggests actions we must adopt in politics, business, and everyday life

• Replaces the limited consciousness of our failing society with the holistic consciousness that is roo...more
Published June 25th 2009 by Inner Traditions (first published 2009)

Tracy Jones
I agree that we need to make an effort to lead a life that leads to sustainability, and that its quite awful how much we've destroyed the earth. However, I think the author is a little to optimistic about certain things. He seems to suggest that if we start leading a more sustainable life, it'll decrease the need for military eventually, and everyone will get along better than before. I'd certainly love to see us all in harmony, but...what rock has he been under? There's always bad apples in soc...more
Vince Dacosta
Attention getting, realistic but frightening. In calm, undramatic language Laszlo calls our attention to a path our world is on that can only lead to more disaster if we continue.
"We need a major shift: this world is not sustainable.
There is hope, but it requires a "Worldshift".
Mary Davis
not a doomsday chronicle- but how we need to act to get through the 'world shift in 2012' we need to learn how to change gears and be sustainable, concerned about community and keep believing in the power of others.
Waseem
Waseem marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Sam Usher
Sam Usher marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Viking
Viking marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Adam
Adam added it
Jul 15, 2013
Yocountesslo Curtis
Yocountesslo Curtis marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Phil Grupe
Phil Grupe marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2013
Kathryn Harriet
Kathryn Harriet marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2013
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2013
Aina
Aina marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2012
Miel Charles
Miel Charles marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2012
Bibek Ray
Bibek Ray marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2012
Nicu Grosan
Nicu Grosan marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2012
Ervin Laszlo is a systems philosopher, integral theorist, and classical pianist. Twice nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, he has authored more than 70 books, which have been translated into nineteen languages, and has published in excess of four hundred articles and research papers, including six volumes of piano recordings.

Dr. Laszlo is generally recognized as the founder of systems philosophy...more
More about Ervin Laszlo...
Science and the Akashic Field: An Integral Theory of Everything The Systems View of the World: A Holistic Vision for Our Time Quantum Shift in the Global Brain: How the New Scientific Reality Can Change Us and Our World The Akashic Experience: Science and the Cosmic Memory Field The Chaos Point: The World at the Crossroads