Start by marking “Jaguar Woman: And the Wisdom of the Butterfly Tree” as Want to Read:
Jaguar Woman: And the Wisdom of the Butterfly Tree

Jaguar Woman: And the Wisdom of the Butterfly Tree

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  477 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Now in paperback for the first time, The New York Times bestseller Jaguar Woman tells "tales of extraordinary mind-and-spirit adventures".--San Francisco Chronicle.
Published September 24th 1986 by HarperOne (first published August 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Jaguar Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jaguar Woman

Cosmic Tree
Jan 14, 2014 Cosmic Tree rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I was given this book by a friend whom I share spirituality with. I started reading it and thought to myself... what? Is this really true? Look up on the Internet, and lo and behold, we have ourselves a Castaneda-type - only this one's worse. This is a white lady from Beverly Hills purporting to say that she has been an apprentice to Native American shamans, and has been the first and only white person ever let into their secret global Sisterhood of the Shields.

There are many things wrong with t
Misha Hoo
Sep 07, 2012 Misha Hoo rated it it was amazing
I read this book for the first time in 1995 when I was new to shamanism and although I was guided to actually seeing the Sisterhood of the Shields in my visioning, I didnt really understand it all. About ten years later I came across the book again at a second hand market in Amsterdam and read it with new eyes...

Jaguar Woman and the Wisdom of the Butterfly Tree is a gripping tale of adventure and initiation which takes the reader deeper and deeper into the shamanic world of altered realities. Ly
Etherealfire
Apr 19, 2015 Etherealfire rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Words are a sacred tool and must be honored as such. When used carefully, words have magical healing properties. When used to judge, to hate, or to separate, words are deadly. The words you will be using in this workbook are your basic tools for healing on this journey. Treat them with respect. Honor your words." ~ Lynn V. Andrews

Books completed:

--- Medicine Woman, 1981
--- Jaguar Woman and the Wisdom of the Butterfly Tree, 1985
--- Star Woman, 1986
--- Crystal Woman, 1987
--- Windhorse Woman, 198
Weam Namou
Jan 07, 2015 Weam Namou rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What I loved the most about this book is learning about the different energies that people have: Rainbow Mother Energy and Great Nurturing Mother Energy. The wisdom that Lynn's Native American teachers pass on is invaluable.
Jody
A great read.

I love Lynn V. Andrews, she never disappoints always grounds me .

She awakens my soul I am enjoying all of her books.
Catherine
Jan 31, 2014 Catherine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
For a book that is sold as a true story, it just doesn't fly with me. I don't buy it. The good news is that I can cull her other books from my to read shelf.
Kate
Aug 25, 2014 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written though a seemingly problematic author.
Fstdb
Oct 04, 2015 Fstdb rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
poorly written
Becca
Feb 24, 2016 Becca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirit, lynn-andrews
I read about a third of this and then it was due at the library and I didn't pick it up again until months later. I've missed how much of a journey this woman's writing is. The whole book feels like a trip, and it teaches so much through Lynn's lessons with her teachers. It's also jus really beautifully written, well-structured, and entertaining. My third book by Lynn Andrews.
Betsey
Sep 25, 2007 Betsey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crap
I read this book during college as part of a seminar, "creating otherness: the making of cultural anti-selves." snooty title, but fascinating. I discovered that every.single.one of Lynn Andrews' books are about her divorce - boys drool, girls rule. Hilarious, if it didn't sell so well to 50 year old divorcee's in Santa Barbara...
Rachael
Mar 17, 2008 Rachael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cool book about a shaman and a shaman in training. Most characters in these books are women. Need to read Medicine woman next although it came first in the trilogy. Still need to find out what the third book is called.
David Richardson
Not bad, suppose to be a true story but it sounds a little far out to me. Mabey I can't open my eyes wide enough to see.
Gervaze
Feb 04, 2008 Gervaze rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Of the ilk of Carlos Castaneda's works. An intriguing read, especially as drawn from the great perceptions of a woman.
jacqs
Nov 03, 2008 jacqs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Besides being a fascinating series of adventures, it ends with some illuminating comments on timelessness and ego.
Birgitt Williams
Another exceptional book by Lynn Andrews, an author whose work I love. A great personal journey book.
Deena
Jan 27, 2009 Deena rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bleah
I'm really embarressed that I read this. I think it's really brave of me to admit it publicly.
David Rainey
Apr 14, 2013 David Rainey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Great book of fiction with an underlying message of strength and courage for women. Enjoyable.
Andrea
Nov 11, 2008 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great journeys! And a great reminder of the ways we can find and use our own powers.
Sara
I read it as fiction, totally unaware of the controversy about this author.
Michelle
Sep 22, 2008 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great! You have to read the whole series!
Kathy Kaylor
Apr 21, 2008 Kathy Kaylor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-search
All of Lynn Andrews books are good.
Bekah
Jul 27, 2007 Bekah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faves
my fave:)
Ireland Durante
Ireland Durante marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Tiffany Mysticstorm
Tiffany Mysticstorm rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Jim
Jim rated it it was ok
Apr 16, 2016
Valerie Glascock
Valerie Glascock marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Keirstan Pawson
Keirstan Pawson rated it did not like it
Mar 29, 2016
Wrdbrn
Wrdbrn rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
Uma Ojeda
Uma Ojeda rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2016
  • Phoenix Rising: No-Eyes' Vision of the Changes to Come (No-Eyes)
  • Alchemy of the Human Spirit: A Guide to Human Transition Into the New Age (Kryon, #3)
  • The Woman in the Shaman's Body: Reclaiming the Feminine in Religion and Medicine
  • Earth Magic: A Book of Shadows for Positive Witches
  • Animal-Wise: The Spirit Language and Signs of Nature
  • Grandmothers of The Light: A Medicine Woman's Sourcebook
  • Dancing the Dream: The Seven Sacred Paths Of Human Transformation
  • Magical Passes: The Practical Wisdom of the Shamans of Ancient Mexico
  • Shamanic Journeying
  • Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations. Wayne Dyer
  • Foundations of Tibetan Mysticism
  • Invisible Acts of Power: Channeling Grace in Your Everyday Life
  • Archangel Oracle Cards: A 45 Card Deck and Guidebook
  • The Celtic Way of Seeing: Meditations on the Irish Spirit Wheel
  • Return of the Bird Tribes
  • Encyclopedia of Spirits: The Ultimate Guide to the Magic of Fairies, Genies, Demons, Ghosts, Gods & Goddesses
  • First Born
Lynn Andrews is the author of the Medicine Woman Series, which chronicles her three decades of study and work with shaman healers on four continents.
More about Lynn V. Andrews...