Jaguar Woman: And the Wisdom of the Butterfly Tree

Jaguar Woman: And the Wisdom of the Butterfly Tree

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  354 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Now in paperback for the first time, The New York Times bestseller Jaguar Woman tells "tales of extraordinary mind-and-spirit adventures".--San Francisco Chronicle.
Published September 24th 1986 by HarperOne (first published January 1st 1920)

Cosmic Tree
I was given this book by a friend whom I share spirituality with. I started reading it and thought to myself... what? Is this really true? Look up on the Internet, and lo and behold, we have ourselves a Castaneda-type - only this one's worse. This is a white lady from Beverly Hills purporting to say that she has been an apprentice to Native American shamans, and has been the first and only white person ever let into their secret global Sisterhood of the Shields.

There are many things wrong with t...more
Misha Hoo
I read this book for the first time in 1995 when I was new to shamanism and although I was guided to actually seeing the Sisterhood of the Shields in my visioning, I didnt really understand it all. About ten years later I came across the book again at a second hand market in Amsterdam and read it with new eyes...

Jaguar Woman and the Wisdom of the Butterfly Tree is a gripping tale of adventure and initiation which takes the reader deeper and deeper into the shamanic world of altered realities. Ly...more
Catherine
For a book that is sold as a true story, it just doesn't fly with me. I don't buy it. The good news is that I can cull her other books from my to read shelf.
Betsey
I read this book during college as part of a seminar, "creating otherness: the making of cultural anti-selves." snooty title, but fascinating. I discovered that every.single.one of Lynn Andrews' books are about her divorce - boys drool, girls rule. Hilarious, if it didn't sell so well to 50 year old divorcee's in Santa Barbara...
Rachael
Cool book about a shaman and a shaman in training. Most characters in these books are women. Need to read Medicine woman next although it came first in the trilogy. Still need to find out what the third book is called.
David Richardson
Not bad, suppose to be a true story but it sounds a little far out to me. Mabey I can't open my eyes wide enough to see.
Gervaze
Of the ilk of Carlos Castaneda's works. An intriguing read, especially as drawn from the great perceptions of a woman.
jacqs
Besides being a fascinating series of adventures, it ends with some illuminating comments on timelessness and ego.
Birgitt Williams
Another exceptional book by Lynn Andrews, an author whose work I love. A great personal journey book.
Deena
I'm really embarressed that I read this. I think it's really brave of me to admit it publicly.
David Rainey
Great book of fiction with an underlying message of strength and courage for women. Enjoyable.
Andrea
Great journeys! And a great reminder of the ways we can find and use our own powers.
Sara
I read it as fiction, totally unaware of the controversy about this author.
Michelle
Great! You have to read the whole series!
Kathy Kaylor
All of Lynn Andrews books are good.
Amber  R Stately
Amber R Stately marked it as to-read
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
O.zaki
O.zaki marked it as to-read
Aleks Zael
Aleks Zael marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Josette
Josette marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Erin Durange
Erin Durange marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
  • Earth Magic: A Book of Shadows for Positive Witches
  • Animal-Wise: The Spirit Language and Signs of Nature
  • Magical Passes: The Practical Wisdom of the Shamans of Ancient Mexico
  • Encyclopedia of Spirits: The Ultimate Guide to the Magic of Fairies, Genies, Demons, Ghosts, Gods & Goddesses
  • Sorcerer's Apprentice: My Life with Carlos Castaneda
  • Personal Power through Awareness: A Guidebook for Sensitive People
  • The Sorcerer's Crossing: A Woman's Journey
  • Invisible Acts of Power: Channeling Grace in Your Everyday Life
  • The Oversoul Seven Trilogy: The Education of Oversoul Seven, The Further Education of Oversoul Seven, Oversoul Seven and the Museum of Time
  • Without Seeing the Dawn
  • Awakening the Heroes Within: Twelve Archetypes to Help Us Find Ourselves and Transform Our World
  • Soul Retrieval: Mending the Fragmented Self: Mending the Fragmented Self Through Shamanic Practice
  • The Re-enchantment of Everyday Life
  • Meditaitons to Heal Your Life
  • The Three Musketeers (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church:  Harold B. Lee
  • Dancing in the Flames: The Dark Goddess in the Transformation of Consciousness
  • The Lightworker's Way: Awakening Your Spiritual Power to Know and Heal
Lynn Andrews is the author of the Medicine Woman Series, which chronicles her three decades of study and work with shaman healers on four continents.
More about Lynn V. Andrews...
Medicine Woman Crystal Woman: The Sisters of the Dreamtime The Woman of Wyrrd: The Arousal of the Inner Fire Star Woman: We are Made from Stars and to the Stars We Must Return Flight of the Seventh Moon