Start by marking “Jaguar Woman: And the Wisdom of the Butterfly Tree” as Want to Read:
Jaguar Woman: And the Wisdom of the Butterfly Tree

Jaguar Woman: And the Wisdom of the Butterfly Tree

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  429 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Now in paperback for the first time, The New York Times bestseller Jaguar Woman tells "tales of extraordinary mind-and-spirit adventures".--San Francisco Chronicle.
Published September 24th 1986 by HarperOne (first published August 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Jaguar Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jaguar Woman

Etherealfire
"Words are a sacred tool and must be honored as such. When used carefully, words have magical healing properties. When used to judge, to hate, or to separate, words are deadly. The words you will be using in this workbook are your basic tools for healing on this journey. Treat them with respect. Honor your words." ~ Lynn V. Andrews

Books completed:

--- Medicine Woman, 1981
--- Jaguar Woman and the Wisdom of the Butterfly Tree, 1985
--- Star Woman, 1986
--- Crystal Woman, 1987
--- Windhorse Woman, 198
Cosmic Tree
I was given this book by a friend whom I share spirituality with. I started reading it and thought to myself... what? Is this really true? Look up on the Internet, and lo and behold, we have ourselves a Castaneda-type - only this one's worse. This is a white lady from Beverly Hills purporting to say that she has been an apprentice to Native American shamans, and has been the first and only white person ever let into their secret global Sisterhood of the Shields.

There are many things wrong with t
Misha Hoo
I read this book for the first time in 1995 when I was new to shamanism and although I was guided to actually seeing the Sisterhood of the Shields in my visioning, I didnt really understand it all. About ten years later I came across the book again at a second hand market in Amsterdam and read it with new eyes...

Jaguar Woman and the Wisdom of the Butterfly Tree is a gripping tale of adventure and initiation which takes the reader deeper and deeper into the shamanic world of altered realities. Ly
Weam Namou
What I loved the most about this book is learning about the different energies that people have: Rainbow Mother Energy and Great Nurturing Mother Energy. The wisdom that Lynn's Native American teachers pass on is invaluable.
Jody
A great read.

I love Lynn V. Andrews, she never disappoints always grounds me .

She awakens my soul I am enjoying all of her books.
Catherine
For a book that is sold as a true story, it just doesn't fly with me. I don't buy it. The good news is that I can cull her other books from my to read shelf.
Kate
Well written though a seemingly problematic author.
Betsey
I read this book during college as part of a seminar, "creating otherness: the making of cultural anti-selves." snooty title, but fascinating. I discovered that every.single.one of Lynn Andrews' books are about her divorce - boys drool, girls rule. Hilarious, if it didn't sell so well to 50 year old divorcee's in Santa Barbara...
Rachael
Cool book about a shaman and a shaman in training. Most characters in these books are women. Need to read Medicine woman next although it came first in the trilogy. Still need to find out what the third book is called.
David Richardson
Not bad, suppose to be a true story but it sounds a little far out to me. Mabey I can't open my eyes wide enough to see.
Gervaze
Of the ilk of Carlos Castaneda's works. An intriguing read, especially as drawn from the great perceptions of a woman.
jacqs
Besides being a fascinating series of adventures, it ends with some illuminating comments on timelessness and ego.
Birgitt Williams
Another exceptional book by Lynn Andrews, an author whose work I love. A great personal journey book.
Deena
I'm really embarressed that I read this. I think it's really brave of me to admit it publicly.
David Rainey
Great book of fiction with an underlying message of strength and courage for women. Enjoyable.
Andrea
Great journeys! And a great reminder of the ways we can find and use our own powers.
Sara
I read it as fiction, totally unaware of the controversy about this author.
Michelle
Great! You have to read the whole series!
Kathy Kaylor
All of Lynn Andrews books are good.
Amelia
Amelia added it
May 03, 2015
Kai Maya
Kai Maya marked it as to-read
Yv
Yv marked it as to-read
Lea
Lea marked it as to-read
Muhammad Abdul
Muhammad Abdul marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
  • Phoenix Rising: No-Eyes' Vision of the Changes to Come (No-Eyes)
  • Positive Magic: Occult Self-Help
  • The Woman in the Shaman's Body: Reclaiming the Feminine in Religion and Medicine
  • Dreaming the Dark: Magic, Sex, and Politics
  • Don't Think Like a Human! Channeled Answers to Basic Questions (Kryon, #2)
  • Children of the Lion
  • Animal-Wise: The Spirit Language and Signs of Nature
  • Dancing the Dream: The Seven Sacred Paths Of Human Transformation
  • Shamanic Journeying
  • Magical Passes: The Practical Wisdom of the Shamans of Ancient Mexico
  • Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations. Wayne Dyer
  • Pocket Dictionary of Signing, Revised and Expanded
  • In the Shadow of the Shaman: Connecting with Self, Nature, and Spirit
  • Rosanna of the Amish
  • Mazes and Monsters
  • Jessica and the Earthquake (Sweet Valley Twins, #75)
  • Encyclopedia of Spirits: The Ultimate Guide to the Magic of Fairies, Genies, Demons, Ghosts, Gods & Goddesses
  • Peace, Love and Healing: Bodymind Communication & the Path to Self-Healing: An Exploration
Lynn Andrews is the author of the Medicine Woman Series, which chronicles her three decades of study and work with shaman healers on four continents.
More about Lynn V. Andrews...
Medicine Woman Crystal Woman: The Sisters of the Dreamtime The Woman of Wyrrd: The Arousal of the Inner Fire Star Woman: We are Made from Stars and to the Stars We Must Return Flight of the Seventh Moon