Start by marking “Change the Way You See Everything through Asset-Based Thinking” as Want to Read:
Change the Way You See Everything through Asset-Based Thinking

Change the Way You See Everything through Asset-Based Thinking

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  187 ratings  ·  29 reviews
This brilliantly simple book on the philosophy known as Asset-Based Thinking, instills success-oriented habits in even the most die-hard cynic. Its transformational lessons--conveyed through unique photographic metaphors and inspiring stories from real people--reveal how the slightest shift in perception can lead to monumental results in both business and in life. ABT is n ...more
Published March 7th 2006 by Running Press (first published March 1st 2006)

Be the first to ask a question about Change the Way You See Everything through Asset-Based Thinking

Kevin Eikenberry
I don’t go into bookstores as often as I used to. But Sunday I did, and I’m glad I did. I looked at books, and kept thinking about how many were at home and at my office on the reading list. I looked but didn’t … - See more at:
May 24, 2012 Rickey marked it as partly-read
Recommended to Rickey by: FranklinCovey store
"When you change the way you see things, the things you see change." - Anonymous

So begins and ends this book, on the inside of the front and back cover, with a mysterious image and an explanation of the image that might surprise you.

I'm not sure if the rest of the book might surprise any of us. It seems like it contains some of the same 'positive-thinking' 'self-help' messages that other classics already contain. However, this one has some beautiful pictures and a more modernized graphic design
Hal Hobenshield
Good read

I enjoyed listening to this book. it is extremely valuable and easy to understand. this will make a difference in your life. sorry and suit.
I really enjoyed this book. I know that any book that falls into the 'self-help' or 'self improvement' category can be met with the same sort of eye rolling and skepticism that I would give to someone telling me to read The Secret for the solution to all my problems.

But, this book isn't so much a self help book but one that highlights ways that you can look at finding solutions to your situation as opposed to allowing yourself to be mired in the fact that a situation or your life isn't going th
Sep 23, 2015 Beth rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2015
Truth be told, I couldn't read this whole book, not that it was difficult. There just seemed to be absolutely no real content.
Michael Murphy
Garbage. Dithering self-help pseudo-advice. I'd imagine the poor, lost soul who finds this tripe helpful might make better use of their time at a local Scientology center getting a free assessment. Same type of crap, might as well go big or go home.
This book was really wonderful in multiple ways. First off, it's an extra-large, hard cover, "picture-book" type format. Inspiring even just to look at. Then, the methods it outlines are presented in a short and sweet, easily acceptable AND implementable way. "Self-help", be a better person type books like this are often waaay too long, overly drawing out every point they're trying to make instead of just getting to the point. I really appreciated that this wasn't this way. Definitely one to kee ...more
Kristen Sharma
it was ok
The jacket for this book is great, but the interiors and design are laughable. Really, the whole book is kind of nuts and the organization makes little sense. BUT, if you're like me and are a bit of a nut about self-improvement in the workplace, you'll get something out of this. It's a fast read (what with all the weird stock photography) and the governing concept (the benefit of asset-based thinking) makes a lot of sense. The good stuff could be distilled into 3-4 hardworking pages.
It was insightful as to how to look on the asset based side of things, as to who we are, what moves us,and use those things to enrich our life, rather than what is lacking- how this can open our lives to great possibilities. It is inspiring to read. I kind of lost interest towards the end, I thought most of the good information was towards the front of the book.
I heard about this book from a co-worker and decided to read it. Now that I've read it I recommend it to many. It is not a "Pollyanna" way of living or looking at things or an unrealistic way of living; it is about looking at situations and issues differently. A way to change your perspective and evaluate the good in the situation at hand.
I am a fan of self-help books. They have been very helpful on my quest to find myself and make myself a better person. This one I found at the library and I was pleasantly surprised at how interesting it was. It is full of information, given to you in a fun and creative way, plus several activities to help you along the way.
نورة الحصان

i was really fascinated with the design and the photo of this book

but what really matter is the content and the text was not that helpful ,

i can count the pages on my hand which added new thing to my knowledge.

i will give it a read again to see if i miss something :(

The space between "Your Present Action" and "The Future You Want To Create" is IMPACT! What fuels your impact? I suddenly see the chasms I must cross as opportunities that must be taken with BIG steps. (You can't jump a chasm with baby steps.) Excellent for the right-brained person.
A feel-good book. I loved how they gave several lists in the book about the "old way" of saying something and then a new "Asset-based thinking" way. I was able to print them out and reference them quickly. I even shared them at the office
Love the depth and simplicity. If you really take the time to think about what the author is sharing, you will have gained an insight that many miss. This book presents a great way to think and a clear lens to view your life through.
CJ Romberger
What a beautiful book! This one caught my eye on the way out of the Self-Help section and was definitely an impulse purchase. I love it when those impulse purchases turn out to be treasures.
Basically goes along with the theory of "be the change you wish to see in the world". Good insight into how you impact your personal world and linking that to greater change.
Patrick Fassnacht
quick, inspirational, and nice positive-minded focus. For someone who likes Asset-Based thinking already, this still offered some gems.
quick and light-hearted.
Anne Walbridge
Not too much new here (basically focus on the positive) but it's presented in an invigoratingly fresh way. Best graphic design I've seen in a book, ever.
Justin Zamora
an interesting book on how a shift in our perspective about our life can lead to some pretty remarkable benefits.... nothing groundbreaking, but a good read.
Mar 10, 2012 Karen added it
A bit self-helpy, but interesting ways to look at how you view yourself, your day and your interactions with others. Lots of good things to ruminate on.
I really appreciate the Asset Base Thinking model, but I got more out of participating in the workshop than reading this.
I think I am done with the book. I didn't finish it but it was interesting just not what I wanted right now.
This was a very meaty book for how few WORDS there are! Photos are gorgeous and the message is beautiful.

Well produced piece and solid material on accountability and initiative.
Good, but too much picturing art and not too fun-still, I still liked it!
Sandra Kinzer
Lots of good advice-- now to remember all of it!
Not tons of "meat" like you will get with Tolle, but a great book to pick up whenever you desire a change of latitude.
Asset Based Thinking 1 7 Apr 26, 2009 04:39PM
  • Use Both Sides of Your Brain: New Mind-Mapping Techniques
  • Innovation Nation: How America Is Losing Its Innovation Edge, Why It Matters, and What We Can Do to Get It Back
  • Reinventing Yourself: How to Become the Person You've Always Wanted to Be
  • Busting Loose from the Money Game: Mind-Blowing Strategies for Changing the Rules of a Game You Can't Win
  • The Answer to How Is Yes: Acting on What Matters
  • Shift: How to Reinvent Your Business, Your Career, and Your Personal Brand
  • Mind Set!: Reset Your Thinking and See the Future
  • How Good Do You Want to Be?: A Champion's Tips on How to Lead and Succeed at Work and in Life
  • Flight Plan: The Real Secret of Success
  • Daily Candy A to Z: An Insider's Guide to the Sweet Life
  • Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Red Book of Sales Answers: 99.5 Real World Answers That Make Sense, Make Sales, and Make Money
  • Shameless Exploitation in Pursuit of the Common Good: The Madcap Business Adventure by the Truly Oddest Couple
  • Drawing: A Creative Process
  • Confidence: How Winning Streaks and Losing Streaks Begin and End
  • Leap of Perception: New Attention Skills for the Intuition Age
  • Coaching the Artist Within: Advice for Writers, Actors, Visual Artists, and Musicians from America's Foremost Creativity Coach
  • The Visual Story: Creating the Visual Structure of Film, TV and Digital Media
  • Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways to Regain Peace and Nourish Your Soul
Kathy Cramer, Ph.D., is the founder and managing partner of The Cramer Institute in St. Louis, MO. For more than twenty years, she and her colleagues have pioneered the development of Asset-Based Thinking (ABT) approaches to coaching, consulting, and training, and inspiring individuals and organizations. Her signature programs, keynotes, books, and online and new media offerings have passionate fo ...more
More about Kathryn D. Cramer...
Lead Positive: What Highly Effective Leaders See, Say, and Do When Faster Harder Smarter Is Not Enough:  Six Steps For Achieving What You Want In A Rapid Fire World Staying On Top When Your World Turns Upside Down Change The Way You See Yourself (Asset-Based Thinking Book 2) Lead Positive: What Highly Effective Leaders See, Say and Do