Start by marking “Finding the Dream (Dream trilogy #3)” as Want to Read:
Finding the Dream (Dream trilogy #3)

Finding the Dream (Dream Trilogy #3)

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  17,780 Ratings  ·  317 Reviews
Nora Roberts presents the final novel in an extraordinary trilogy about the lives and loves of three sisters of the heart. Margo, Kate, and Laura were brought up like sisters amidst the peerless grandeur of Templeton House. But it was Laura who seemed to have it all--until fate took away the man she thought she loved.
Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Published August 1st 1997 by Jove (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Finding the Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding the Dream

Alex is The Romance Fox
Finding the Dream is the 3rd and final book in Nora Robert’s Dream Trilogy. What a wonderful conclusion to the fabulous Templeton Family Saga.

Laura Templeton’s dream of love and family were shattered by her adulterous husband that she divorced, leaving her and her two daughters heartbroken.
Under the façade of being happy and content with her life, is a woman struggling financially and emotionally.
 photo 85d52fb5c8f0586133df6d68657cb713_zps0b674070.jpg
Into her life enters Michael Fury, her brother’s friend and who she knew when they were younger, i
Andrea Guy
Nov 19, 2009 Andrea Guy rated it it was amazing
Finding The Dream is the last book in Nora Roberts' Dream Trilogy and it was probably the best book of the three. I loved Laura Templeton's story. She rose above a divorce from a loveless marriage that left her in financial straights and started to make her life her own, without the help of her family's money.

She also found love with the dangerous and dangerously handsome Michael Fury.

A more unlikely couple there could never be, but that's how it always is. The unlikely pairings always make for
Kieraanne
This was the best of the three. I liked the climax of the book much more then the artificial fights that served as the only real hurdles for the other couples to get over. I like it when one of the characters in these books has kids because then the storyline has to include the love interest falling for the kids as well as the parent, which is nice. One thing I didn't like was how much of the story just took place in its own little world at Templeton House. Except for a couple of times, all of L ...more
Talya
Very satisfying finale to the Dream triolgy!

It's rare when one of the books in a Nora trilogy stands out and is just better and more substantial than the others (especially when they're all so good as in this trilogy), but Finding the Dream stood out as the best, well IMO. The journey of Laura Templeton, neglected and jilted by her ex-husband coming togther with bad boy/lost boy Michael (Mick) Fury was just a little more deep and heartwarming, and made you root for Laura and Mick a little more t
Heena Rathore P.
Kate Tempelton has been my favourite since the time I read the first book in the Dream Trilogy. She is self-less, kind, loving and adorable. She portrays the soft feminine side very well. This book gives us the details of her marriage and divorce and also her hardships in coping with her life as a single parent. We get to know more about Kate and Margo, and it really felt nice to know that they are really happy in their lives.

Michael Fury is this stud guy, who obviously sways Laura Tempelton off
Erin
FINALLY, a heroine I liked. Not that I didn't enjoy the other characters (Margo, Kate, Josh), I just didn't really enjoy the first two books in which they starred.

This one was by far the best of the three, with a story that didn't involve exotic 1 percent-er issues like a supermodel drug scandal or an embezzlement case. Instead, Laura Templeton gets cheated on - simple, (all too) common, not far fetched - and it throws her world in a tailspin. With a little help from her friends, and a little m
Paraphrodite
Apr 11, 2017 Paraphrodite rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2017
3.5 stars.

I'm glad that Michael Fury (what a name!) is so different to Josh and Byron from the previous books. Also, Laura really is a tough lady beneath that polished exterior. This has been an enjoyable re-visit of one of NR's iconic trilogies.
Micaela
Mar 12, 2013 Micaela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book when I was 16 or 17 and that's the reason I'm giving it 4 stars. Had I read this book nowadays, and the rating would be definitely lower; But, as a teenager the story did leave a mark on me and I believe that perhaps, regardless of your age, this book may touch you like it once did to me.

So Laura is turning 30; She just had a rough divorce two years ago because her husband cheated on her with his secretary - how predictable can men be?! - and on top of that he ran away with all
Barbara
Oct 30, 2008 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't seem to find the right words to express my love for the "Dream" trilogy, so I'll just say if you don't read it you're doing yourself a great injustice. I never thought I would find another series like Nora's "Born In" trilogy, but I did, and I have to say that I enjoyed this one more. I'm once again so very sad that I will never be able to read these books again for the very first time. Keep dreaming!!!
Joana Americano
Jul 08, 2015 Joana Americano rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book! Sooo perfect! I'm in love with Laura and Michael. And I love her childrens - Ali and Kayla are sooo cute!
Joana
Feb 06, 2017 Joana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este livro foi-me oferecido por uma amiga no Natal, e acertou em cheio.
Foi a minha primeira leitura desta autora e desconhecia a sua escrita, já tinha ouvido falar bem dela e dos seus livros, mas nunca calhou ler algo dela.
Gostei bastante da história e do desenrolar da mesma - dos preconceitos existentes na sociedade, o casamento e o divórcio, partilha dos filhos, nascimento de um novo amor. Questões cada vez mais importantes da sociedade atual, por serem assuntos muito presentes.
Quando a histór
Elena
Jul 21, 2014 Elena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5*

I liked this one! In my opinion, it was much better than the last one (Kate's story) and on par with the first one (Margo's story). The characters had chemistry and there was an actual conflict in the story, that was not superficial! So - that was excellent! In fact, I think this one could have been absolutely perfect had there not been some issues that the author didn't quite address/resolve or that didn't quite make sense...

Few issues I had with the book:

- I was not sure why Laura let Pete
Jazzypom
Aug 09, 2008 Jazzypom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who want to read an NR 'trilogy' - good primer
Laura Templeton, on the cusp of her thirtieth birthday finds herself divorced with two girls, battling debts left by her ex husband, and living in the Templeton mansion alone. Her two friends (Margo and Kate) are loved up with their significant others, and once a week, they met up, searching for the coins of Seraphina's chest, a sweet legend and a bond that keeps them true. This is Laura's life, and she's learning to make the best of it, but she's not happy. Not really.

Out of the blue, her broth
Nov 11, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finding the Dream is the final book of the Dream Trilogy and is a very apt title for Laura’s story.

Laura Templeton, daughter of the Templeton hospitality empire, dreamed of having a fairytale life, the perfect husband, wonderful children, and a beautiful home. She thought she had found it at eighteen with Peter Ridgeway. Ten years later at twenty-eight, Laura found out her storybook life was a dream. Peter not only cheated on her but he also wiped out her bank account and their children’s accoun
Maria
Aug 22, 2009 Maria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This the last book of the "Dream trilogy" was the best. Laura was believable in her attempt to get her life back together after a nasty divorce. Her husband cheated on her, she actually caught them "in flagrante". After that ordeal she, naturally, got a little wary of men.
Michael dont have high thoughts of him self. He ran away at 18 after domestic violence and worked his way through the seven seas, as a mercenary, a stuntman and finally breeding horses. Fate brings him to the Tempelton estate w
Kathy Hiester
Oct 31, 2010 Kathy Hiester rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am rereading books out of my book case just because I can. Finding the Dream by Nora Roberts was a very good book. I loved it because involved children and their relationships with their parents at that age. They didn't muse over too much but when they did it added a flair to the story. This is the third of the trilogy and I read it because I didn’t feel like digging for the other two.

Nora Roberts really knows how to captivate a reader. Laura finding her true love could not have ended this pa
Kerstin
Dec 25, 2015 Kerstin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5/5 stars
For me, Finding the Dream was the best book of the series. I liked Laura a lot and I'm happy that she not only managed to get her life back on track, but that she and her daughters found happiness again after her ex-husband betrayed them. I also liked Michael. He seems to be the opposite of Laura, but they fit together well and the way he cared for her children... really sweet. Seeing them falling for each other and building a new family without even realizing it at first was great. T
Thenia
May 15, 2015 Thenia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The conclusion to the Dream trilogy and Laura Templeton's story.

Laura is getting her life back in order after the bitter and painful divorce from her husband, when Michael Fury, an old friend of her brother's, comes back to town, and ends up lodging at the house and using her neglected stables.

There have always been sparks between them, but they have also been separated by their very different worlds, with him being the poor bad boy to her princess. Things have changed and this time they act on
Bridget
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of wrath ...more
Mary
May 08, 2010 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely amazing. It has a very good story line and never lacks detail.

It follows Laura Templeton in her journey through life. Already having gone through a painful (and expensive) divorce, Laura has a lot on her plate. She is raising two adolescent girls along with managing a hotel. She has so much on her shoulders and although she has many helpful people in her life, she still feels alone.

On top of this, her brother Josh convinces her to have their family friend Michael Fury sta
Raquel Bernardes
Sep 02, 2014 Raquel Bernardes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
É o último livro desta triologia e que vou sentir saudades. Depois de termos lido a história sobre a Margo e a Kate, resta-nos a Laura, que no segundo volume está a divorciar-se devido à infidelidade do marido e tendo nos seus cuidados duas filhas.Acaba por ser a amizade de Margo e Kate que ajudam a voltar a gostar de si mesma mas não só. Adorei!!! Foi uma grande aventura ter começado a ler os livros da Nora Roberts mas adorei a envolvência das personagens e o espírito de amizade que existiu ent ...more
Kelly Van den Broecke
Dit vond ik de beste van de drie. Hoe laura haar leven langzaam aan weer opbouwt na haar scheiding. dat ze leert om weer te genieten van het leven en dat niet al haar dromen stuk zijn. De ruzies met een beginnende tiener waren heel herkenbaar. ik genoot van de rustheid dat ze steeds uitstraalde en van het feit dat ' badboy' michael haar hartje weer vlugger deed kloppen. zo zie je maar dat liefde verborgen zit in ieder hoekje en dat je het niet mag opgeven.
Cindi
Jun 03, 2010 Cindi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite in the series. It has the good, responsible woman and the bad boy. What girl doesn't want the bad boy, even if they won't admit it out loud?

I love how the series came together. Great book!
Lady Raven RAVE!
Great End of the trilogy
I loved that book as I loved the other two about Margo and Kate. They are all so great personalities. I read this book again and again and it is as good as the first time I read it. Great!!
Rosemarie Massengale
Carla Faleiro
Finalmente o tesouro de Seraphina!
Este terceiro livro foi um engonhar da estória até meio e como se não houvesse mais folhas... um final a correr! Estava à espera de mais e fiquei um pouco desiludida.
Dorothy Morawsky
Hated to see the series end. Nora Roberts always writes so intense you get lost in the book.
Micii
Feb 18, 2014 Micii rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-and-erotica
Male characters like Michael to me about they just get under your skin. Another epitome of my perfect man. :D
Cindy
I enjoyed the first two books in this trilogy. But this one... good grief. I was in tears almost from start to finish. So, so good.
Gujju Ellen
Aug 05, 2014 Gujju Ellen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best book of the Dream Trilogy set.Enjoyed it!
Nora Roberts Grou...: Finding the Dream (August 2014 Book of the Month) 17 31 Aug 18, 2014 10:26PM
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • Heating Up The Holidays
  • One Good Reason (Adamson Brothers, #2)
  • Red Hot Renegade (Bennett #5)
  • Visions in Death (In Death, #19)
  • The Disgraced Playboy (Bad Blood, #2)
  • Jade Island (Donovan, #2)
  • Capelli's Captive Virgin
  • Remember When (Foster Saga, #1)
More about Nora Roberts...

Dream Trilogy (3 books)
  • Daring to Dream (Dream Trilogy, #1)
  • Holding the Dream (Dream Trilogy #2)

“She stepped closer to the edge to watch the waves beat against rock. She felt that way, she mused. Battered by forces that were beyond her control, lapped in a violent, endless war with no choice but to stand.” 2 likes
“She had, for too many years, found it easier to bend than to stand.” 1 likes