Start by marking “The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Zelda, #9)” as Want to Read:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Zelda, #9)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (The Legend of Zelda #9)

A terrible tragedy befalls Link's family and friends when the traitorous Agahnim launches a plot to seize the Triforce and unleash a terrible evil on the world. To bring justice to Agahnim, Link needs the Master Sword and sets off on a quest to find it. Link's journey may also help him discover what happened to his parents, and while Agahnim's minions and traps are dangero ...more
Published February 2nd 2010 by VIZ Media - Children's (first published July 28th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Legend of Zelda, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legend of Zelda

Amber
Jun 23, 2014 Amber rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome Manga adaptation of Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I read this manga online at this link: http://www.mangahere.co/manga/the_leg... .

What a great story! When link's uncle is attacked by the Wizard Agunim, Link must save Princess Zelda and the Kingdom of Hyrule from the evil wizard's plan to place the realm into darkness. Can Link find the master sword and stop him before it is too late? Read this manga to find out.

Legend of Zelda fans will love this and look out for th
Feb 10, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Being an adaption, Himekawa as the author (or artist, in this case) is naturally going to make changes to the original storyline in order to fit into a 181 page book. In this case, as in the fan-made Hero of Time movie, most of the adventuring in-dungeon has been cut, but I don't feel that it detracts from the story except for a few panels that don't transition as well as they could and left me confused now and again as to what was going on.

What the manga does really well is adapt the game's bac
Ada
I'm torn. I hated the game because of a bug and we could never finished it. Later on the Gameboy that colored my gameplaying. So with that kind of prejudice I started reading this... And I was surprised because although so very short the story was actually better than the one in the game...
Debra
Mar 08, 2010 Debra rated it really liked it
Kiddie Manga! The kids and I are TOTALLY addicted to the games, and now, we're equally in love with the books. Don't forget to read them backwards.
Dawood
Feb 12, 2017 Dawood rated it really liked it
So far, every adaptation by Akira Himekawa to legend of zelda has been nothing less than amazing. The story is adapted yet feels original due to what the writer has done to it. Im always engaged in the story. Definitely a recommendation to all Zelda fans to read these stories
Annie Chocobina Lucente
Dec 07, 2016 Annie Chocobina Lucente rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Davvero bello , consigliato per chi ama Zelda (•≧▽≦)ノシ))
Andre
Sep 01, 2014 Andre rated it liked it
I was pretty surprised about this manga adaptation of the 1991/92 game.
For one, I checked, this was pretty different from the game, so knowing either will not help you much. Sure it starts similar and there of course are the same main characters and even a new one(view spoiler) who wasn't in the game, but the majority of characters and monsters from the game was not included. Whether you l
Charissa Dubin
Sep 18, 2016 Charissa Dubin rated it really liked it
Link is a peaceful farmer who has never touched a sword. Everything changes when he receives a telepathic message from a prisoner in the nearby castle dungeon and Link's uncle, who raised him, is killed. Link rescues the prisoner who turns out to be Zelda, the princess of Hyrule. She tells him of an impending evil that aims to consume the land of Hyrule in darkness and misery, and asks him to fight against the evil and save the world.

This manga is based on a video game, and it was interesting t
Carmen8094
Premetto che, pur conoscendo i personaggi principali, non ho mai giocato a Zelda nelle sue varie versioni, quindi non posso dire se il manga estratto dall'episodio A Link to the past sia aderente o meno al videogame.
Il manga non mi è piaciuto granchè; all'inizio non prende molto (ma questo accade con molti manga e molti libri), poi ad un certo punto la narrazione diventa piuttosto veloce, purtroppo non nel senso che il ritmo si fa serrato, ma che tutte le avventure e gli incontri di Link divengo
Frank
Apr 13, 2015 Frank rated it really liked it
As a Legend of Zelda fanatic I saw this at the library yesterday and figured I had to give it a quick read while waiting.

I ended up finishing it in one sitting. It tells a story of my favorite Legend of Zelda game, and does it in a manga style.

While it's not the full story, many of the dungeons are glossed over, with over half of them being split on a single two pages section. The story actually builds a lot more depth into the classic characters of an SNES game.

It might be unfair to compare a
Amanda Newhouses
This manga has less to do with the source material than the last one, and overall it was disappointing as a result. A Link to the Past is one of my favourite Zelda games, and this book ignores most of the story in favour of a storyline about an original character called Ghanti. Ghanti is a bandit that hesitantly helps Link on his quest, and she mostly seems to be there to fill the role of a stereotypical kawaii manga heroine. The next manga on the shelf is Ocarina of Time, which is my favourite ...more
quinnster
Mar 27, 2013 quinnster rated it liked it
The Legend of Zelda manga series is a collection of 10 books that are written in collaboration by two women, A. Honda & S. Nagano. When they started they played all the games so they could get an idea of the story and then they sat an elaborated to create the books.

There's a great attention to detail from Link to his companions to the enemies he fights. It's so much more interesting to read the conversations and see the familiar places from the games from a different perspective.
Brian
Oct 01, 2012 Brian rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, manga
I thought my nostalgic love of this game would translate into me enjoying this manga, but it's far too rushed for my taste, especially in the second half. I have higher hopes for a Majora's Mask manga, as it won't have to contend with the sheer number of dungeons that this volume needed to gloss over. The art is great and fans of the game series will probably find something to like here, but I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone.
Nickdastick
Nov 04, 2009 Nickdastick rated it it was ok
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is my favorite zelda video game. However, the book got screwed up really bad. They got some of the bosses wrong, they got the part about the silver arrows wrong. They even added a completely diffrent character that wasn't even in the game! I was really disappointed when I read this Manga. Of all games to make a manga about that was crappy, they chose this one. :(
Gaby
Dec 13, 2016 Gaby rated it it was amazing
Wonderful! All the fun of the video games and beautiful illustrations. A great manga series.
Kelly Kellett
Apr 13, 2013 Kelly Kellett rated it it was amazing
This is the first "graphic novel" I've ever read. It was originally published in Japanese, so you have to start reading in the back and go from right to left. This maintains the original artwork and only the words are changed. It was difficult at first, but got easier quickly.

Benjamin has been sleeping with this book and re-telling the story to himself at night, and re-enacting on occasion by the late-night jumping in his room.
Arianna
Dec 27, 2011 Arianna rated it it was ok
I was not impressed by this version of the story of Link and Zelda, although the addition of the character of Ganthi was making some differences. I thought the drawings were a bit inexpressive and the story touched too quickly all the elements of the saga without giving the right depth to the characters.
Elisabeth Cook
Aug 08, 2014 Elisabeth Cook rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, comics
Been wanting to try the Zelda manga series for a while and decided to jump in with #9, of course. It's a pretty straight forward questing plot, as to be expexted, but it's enjoyable. The dialogue is fairly basic, but the characters are fun. I particularly enjoyed the original character Ghanti. Definitely going to give the other Akira Himekawa Zelda books a go!
Sandra Gallegos
Fue el primer cómic de Zelda que leí, allá por 2010, y a partir de entonces me dediqué a buscar todos los demás de la serie. No es que A link to the past fuera mi juego favorito de Zelda, así que supongo que por eso tampoco el manga es mi favorito, pero se disfruta bastante. Lo que no entiendo es qué pinta ahí el personaje de Ganty; para mí que la han metido por rellenar, pero en fin.
Rita
May 03, 2015 Rita rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading Manga and I really liked it. It was hard at times figuring out the sequence of the pictures, but I got better with practice. Plus I really enjoyed getting to know a bit more of Link's back story.
Seth
Jan 21, 2013 Seth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: misc-fantasy, manga
This story was really well writen. It draws you in with great character developement. The action was a bit light, but otherwise good. I felt one of the better parts was the original character they added. She provided a great twist and created an intriguing love triangle.
Deni Marosok
Nov 20, 2012 Deni Marosok rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It's really cool and interesting. Then adventures Link goes on and the people he meets are just amazing!!! I love them This is a great book that should be read more!! If you want to buy it go to Barnes and Noble
Doremili
Dec 23, 2013 Doremili rated it really liked it
El arte es un poco soso y se comieron.algunos pedazos que yo consideraba importantes. Pero me gusto, es una buena adaptación y agradable
Heather Fryling
Jun 05, 2015 Heather Fryling rated it liked it
This is a manga about a video game that came out during my childhood. It does a great job being what it is and even brings in a few life lessons.
Janet Hutchinson
Once I got into the rhythm of how to read this, I really enjoyed it. It just took awhile to figure it all out........
Harman Kaur
Jun 11, 2015 Harman Kaur rated it liked it
It was a really good book! I finished it only in one hour because it is easy! I like the videogames as well!!
Miss Abernathy
Nov 03, 2013 Miss Abernathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-manga
Recuerdo que este manga me dio mucha ternura ya no solo por su historia, sino por sus ilustraciones.
Selena
Though rushed quite a bit in the second half, the first half was well-paced and the story generally told very well.
John Henery
Aug 16, 2014 John Henery rated it it was amazing
If your a fan of the legend of zelda games then tgis is a real treat! It fleshes out the story to the link to the past game. Worth the read if you're a fan
Jul 25, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Me gusto mucho este manga de A lino to the pasta es una buena versión del juego, distinta, pero muy buena y entretenida. Además de tener unos hermosos dibujos en cada página.
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Desperado Pikachu
  • Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, Vol. 2
  • Ninjago, Vol. 4: Tomb of the Fangpyre
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 4
  • Code 1: Dante (Devil May Cry 3, #1)
Akira Himekawa is the collaboration of two women, A. Honda and S. Nagano. Together they have created nine manga adventures featuring Link and the popular video game world of The Legend of Zelda, including Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Seasons and Four Swords. Their most recent work, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, was serialized in Shogaku Rokunensei.
More about Akira Himekawa...

The Legend of Zelda (10 books)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Part 1 (Zelda, #1)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Part 2 (Zelda, #2)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Zelda, #3)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Zelda, #4)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Zelda, #5)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords - Part 1 (Zelda, #6)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords - Part 2 (Zelda, #7)
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Zelda, #8)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Zelda, #10)