Start by marking “Dragons of Autumn Twilight - The Graphic Novel (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dragons of Autumn Twilight - The Graphic Novel (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #1)

Dragons of Autumn Twilight - The Graphic Novel (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #1)

Adapting the first book in the legendary Dragonlance Chronicles Trilogy! The world of Krynn is on the precipice of a dark age. As a massive army led by the evil Verminaard prepares its final onslaught, paranoia and fear grips the populace. Only a small band of companions can save Krynn. But with even former friends ready to betray them, salvation may be impossible. ...more
Hardcover, Graphic Novel, 192 pages
Published September 6th 2006 by Devil's Due Publishing (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Dragons of Autumn Twilight - The Graphic Novel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragons of Autumn Twilight - The Graphic Novel

Dirk Grobbelaar
I doubt whether this will make a whole lot of sense to anybody who hasn't read the original novel. I found it helpful as a reminder of the key plot events that moved the story forward, but there is none of the underlying cast turmoil that added some spice to the Chronicles. The art is fairly well done, if a slight bit inconsistent, and Krynn does look a lot like I imagined here.

The problem is: there's a lot that happens here, and it is true to the novel, but not a lot of effort has gone into te
colleen the fabulous fabulaphile
I listened to this ages ago as an audio book, and one problem I had was keeping all the characters straight. There's still an abundance of characters, but, luckily, now there are handy graphic markers to help keep them straight (i.e. Strum is the knight with the horned helment, Caramon has the winged helmet, etc.)

It's a well-known story, so I won't go into depth here. It's pretty standard quest fair, but it's fun. I like Tasselhoff and Fizban, and Raistlin and Tanis.

What the hell is with the sca
Josh
Oct 04, 2015 Josh rated it liked it
I picked this one up at a use bookstore, interested to see the Dragonlance story brought to life in the graphic novel format. Although the story clips along at a very fast pace, losing all subtlety and extra pacing that the book provides, the graphic novel covers all the major events of the novel and really depicted them perfectly as I might have imagined them. It was not only a good reminder of the story itself, but also a great accompaniment to the novel as a whole. I thought the artwork was ...more
Jess
Aug 30, 2010 Jess rated it it was ok
One of the more 'meh' graphic novel adaptations I've read. Dialogue felt stilted and the pacing was a little uneven. But then again, the original novel wasn't exactly the paragon of literary achievement either.

And Steve Kurth's pencils annoy me a little - perhaps I'm just not used to the style. Not to dismiss Kurth's skills, but I sometimes felt as though the art was saved only by virtue of the great color done by Imaginary Friends Studios.
kehau
Jun 24, 2007 kehau rated it really liked it
A very good series. Based off the popular Dungeons and Dragons role player game (go half-elves), this was the book to read back in high school. Very good journey story with great character arcs. I recommend this opening series and all its accompanying series, especially the Dragonlance-Legends series about the twins Caramon and Raistlin.
Simon Munoz
Sep 24, 2007 Simon Munoz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Epic Fantasy Readers
Shelves: sciencefiction
This was the first series of D&D novels I read even though I had been playing for many years. I fell in love with the characters and the setting after reading this book and I continued with this series and I liked all the other books by Weiss and Hickman but not so much the stuff not written by them.
Mandy Stigant
May 21, 2007 Mandy Stigant rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: geeks like me

If you keep in mind the heavy D&D background, and the fact that these books are geared towards 15-year-old boys, they're Great Fun! Just good stories. It's pure fluff -- nothing to change your life -- but highly enjoyable.
Mark Blaney
Aug 03, 2013 Mark Blaney rated it did not like it
ZERO STARS...Very Disappointing.
Boring because it was so predictable.
Glad I only picked up Volume 1, not worth the price of admission.
Only gave one star because they won't let me give negative stars.
Really one of the worst Fantasy genre reads I've ever read.
Mark Blaney
Kerry
I read the book many years ago and I thought it might be fun to read the graphic novel. Not so much. I like the artwork, but I would rather go back and read the books again because I have my own image of how the story looks in my head.
Audie Little
if you like mages, knights, elves, dwarfs, and mystical creatures then this is the book for you. a group of Nobel warriors go on a dragon slaying quest. while their world is being taken over by lizard monsters. not too shabby.
Marc
Aug 08, 2011 Marc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite all time fantasy series. Yes, it's not particularly deep, but it has one of the best characters in all of fantasy lit: Raistlin. A disgruntled and frail wizard who rises to challenge the gods by will and bitterness.
Christopher
Just read this for the second time and I love the story. Hickman and Weis have great books and now they are terrific graphic novels. The art in this book was fantastic. I am looking forward to reading the other books in this series that they have published.
Wayne
Apr 17, 2008 Wayne rated it it was ok
I was disapointed. I didn't even finish. The artwork was horrible, the story lagged. Read the original it's far better.
Paula Greenfield
Dec 30, 2015 Paula Greenfield added it
Recommends it for: anyone who loves fantasy.
Recommended to Paula by: library.
I really enjoyed this graphic novel and am looking forward to reading the novels when I finish the graphic novels.
mrs. fig
May 22, 2007 mrs. fig rated it it was amazing
out of all the fantasy novels i've read, these are with out a doubt my all time favorites. I actually feel that the first book not the best one, but they get better and better as they go.
Dolores Portalatin
Its a fun and enjoyable read. An adventure story that you don't really have to put much thought into. I'd recommend it for some light reading. :)
Patrick Leitzel
Aug 10, 2011 Patrick Leitzel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
one of the greatest stories of all times, started a whole new fantasy world, a thank you to all the dragonlance writers out there!
Lori Anderson
Sep 15, 2007 Lori Anderson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
I've read this series twice - I was really carried away into these books, and got invested in the characters.
Eric
Feb 26, 2009 Eric rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the original novels
I really really like the graphic novel adaptations of Chronicles. I was VERY VERY disappointed in the animated movie. This makes up for it somewhat though.
Aaron
See my review for Dragons of Winter Night. One thing I should say are that the covers are all really well-done in my mind.
Miguel
Jun 27, 2007 Miguel rated it liked it
Points for nostalgia. I read the four part trilogy in middle school and it got me into painting metal miniatures and playing Dungeons and Dragons way back.
Elisa Kay
I thoroughly enjoyed this book which introduced me to the characters of Dragonlance and to the world they belong in. Eager to find out more about The Huma.
Gudrun
Jun 13, 2008 Gudrun rated it it was ok
"Kith-Kana, greatest of all the elves, still wielding his enchanted sword, Wyrmslayer, even in death."
Charles
Jun 03, 2007 Charles added it
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers
A great read from a bygone era of childhood, when fantasy and dragons and knights made your heart wish for a magical portal to another world.
Trevlix
Jul 19, 2007 Trevlix rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fantasy Fans
This is one of the all-time best fantasy books and one that I can always come back to (and I do at times).
Alex Jaffrey
Alex Jaffrey rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2014
Consciousness
Consciousness rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2009
Steve
Steve rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2008
Lee
Lee rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2011
Majikman34
Majikman34 rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2014
  • Exile: The Graphic Novel (Legend of Drizzt: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • The Eve of the Maelstrom (Dragonlance: Dragons of a New Age, #3)
  • Atlas of the Dragonlance World (Dragonlance Books)
  • The Rose and the Skull (Dragonlance: Bridges of Time, #4)
  • The Citadel (Dragonlance: Classics, #3)
  • Spirit of the Wind (Dragonlance: Bridges of Time, #1)
  • Knights of the Sword (Dragonlance: The Warriors, #3)
  • Dragonlance Campaign Setting Companion: Legends Of The Twins (Dragonlance)
  • Legacy of Steel (Dragonlance: Bridges of Time, #2)
  • Fistandantilus Reborn (Dragonlance: Lost Legends, #2; Forgotten Realms: Lost Gods, #2)
  • Magician: Apprentice, Volume 2
  • The Jungle of Horrors (Lone Wolf, #8)
Fantasy novelist who, along with Tracy Hickman, was one of the original creators of the Dragonlance game world. I've written numerous novels and short stories set in the world of Krynn, as well as series in other, original worlds. These include: Darksword, Rose of the Prophet, Star of the Guardians, DeathGate, Dragonvarld, Sovereign Stone, Dragonships, and the Dragon Brigade. I also wrote two para ...more
More about Margaret Weis...