Start by marking “Adventures of the Little Wooden Horse” as Want to Read:
Adventures of the Little Wooden Horse

Adventures of the Little Wooden Horse

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  229 ratings  ·  25 reviews
(Young Puffin Books).
Published March 28th 1959 by Puffin Books (first published 1938)

To ask other readers questions about Adventures of the Little Wooden Horse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adventures of the Little Wooden Horse

Jan 14, 2012 Riv rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE in the world
Shelves: 1st-of-series
I loved this. I haven't read about the Little Wooden Horse in years, and I was so excited to pick him up again! He's so sweet, and agreeable, and determined, and hardworking, and, and and...
I think I'm in heart.

I recommend these books for EVERYONE. Seriously. EVERYONE. Read it to your little kids. Give it to that teenager you know that HATES reading. Give it to that 40 year old that you know LOVES reading. And buy it. And read it to your kids. Over and over and over again. Get your ancient copy
Astri Nardi (Asuka Mai)
*Review ini disertakan dalam 13 days reading Children & YA Literature

After i read this ebook, i just realized that this book is first published in 1938, so this book is very classic. Iwell, Children book is never been bored.

The story itself is about an adventurous horse who is abondened by his own or his toymaker's wife. He started to find his master again, and in his adventure, he found many friends. Actually, his master is struggling and facing hard times. So that he must looking for his o
Monica Edinger
Those stars are from my seven-year-old self. I lived in Germany that year and when we visited London during a school vacation (we had relatives there --- I still do), we always went to Foyle's where my parents stocked up on Puffins. I keep trying to find the edition I had (yellow cover), but boy did I love this book. I'm afraid to read it now, to be honest!
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance

Old children’s stories tend to veer toward the sappy so I was very worried about reading this one. No worries. Williams never even ventured into that territory; instead, she created the character of the little wooden horse so real yet so gently brave and daringly courageous that I would put him up on my list of Favorite Book Characters. I must obtain a copy of this book for my library. A 1001 CBYMRBYGU.

Charming story about a life like wooden horse and the various adventures and mishaps on an unexpected journey. Some predictable plot lines, others surprising. Wonderful book to read aloud to kids 6-9.
All Booked Out
I love love love this book, one that has stayed with me from childhood.
This is my favourite cover. So many memories.
Karen Gault
A wonderful adventure to read aloud. Ages 6+

A adventurous horse who is abandoned by his creator's (a toymaker) wife. He stumbles into lots of mishaps and finds new friends along the way on his search to find his master again. It has a happy ending. A book that although I have read many times, I still find is fun to read again. It can be read over and over! One of my favorite children's books.

หนังสือเดกทีซือมาเพราะชอบภาพประกอบโดยแท แตใชเวลาอานแคแปบเดียว ลัดคิวเลมในกองรออานทังหลาย
คิดวาถาอานตอนเดกๆจะตองสนุกมากแนๆ แตพอมาอานตอนนีแลว กลับเหนวาการผจญภัยของเจามาไมทำไมมันดูนาสงสาร นาหดหูไปหมดเชนนี
โดนทำรายรางกาย โดนปลนเงินอยูตลอดเวลา หัวหลุดลอหลุด...ไมมีขอดี
One of my childhood favourites. Read it with children when they were 3 and 1. It was just on the edge of holding their attention and not being too scary (the little wooden horse has some adventures as the title indicates!). By the middle of the book they were gripped and wanting the next chapter. The end was very exciting for them.
I was given this book as a child- I must have read it several times and cried too . I still have the same book and have read it to all my children over the years.It is such a lovely tale of determination,hardworking,courage and love. A book I will treasure. LOVE IT.
Petra Be
What a beautiful story for little children. I wish I had been able to read it as a child. But even as an adult, I find it compelling. Even I wanted to know how the story would go on and I am sure children will love the stories.
Read this every night to my 5 year old, she loved it. Sweet story, hard work pays off and be nice to others are key themes. Written in 1937 so a lot of irritating phrases like referring to a wife as the little wife...
Zina Riadh
It was my first novel, i read it when i was seven years old and loved made me laugh it made me cry and i have great memories of sharing it with my teacher. Perfect for a child to read.
this was my all time favourite book as a child and I must have it read to me and read it myself about 100 times over. there is nothing more endearing than a little wooden horse and his adventures.
My rating is from having read it as a child. I feel sad & distressed thinking about what happened to the toy in the 50+. It obviously has had a traumatic effect!
Jessica Mclauchlan
This is the first book I remember my mother reading to me as a child. Such a magical tale full of adventure suspense and happiness eventually
Emily Dobson
In all my reading experience I have never honestly read a book that's made me cry as much as this one. I find the whole story extremely emotive.
One of the first books I ever read on my own and it started my love of literature. Fantastic. Enough said.
Another great book similar to Gobbolino, books you will never tire of reading.
If this isn't enchanting enough, wait until he meets Gobbolino!
Can't remember details. Only read it as it was part of the series
Sweet little book. A good classroom read.
The first "chapter book" I ever read.
Sarah Elizabeth Hall
Sarah Elizabeth Hall marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Eleanor Toland
Eleanor Toland marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
  • A Necklace of Raindrops and Other Stories
  • Hodja fra Pjort
  • Dailan Kifki
  • The Real Thief
  • Gobbolino The Witch's Cat (Kingfisher Classics)
  • The Lighthouse Keeper's Lunch (Picture Books)
  • The Hodgeheg
  • Clever Polly and the Stupid Wolf
  • Little Tim and the Brave Sea Captain
  • Come Away From the Water, Shirley
  • Pejsek a kočička
  • Haunted House
  • Elsie Piddock Skips in Her Sleep (Candlewick Treasures)
  • A Lion in the Meadow (Picture Puffin)
  • The Adventures of Maya the Bee