Nocover-blank-133x176
The Secret Language Of...

Gary Goldschneider

The Secret Language Of Birthdays; Personality Profiles For Each Day Of The Year

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  1,094 ratings  ·  85 reviews
Offering a two-page spread on every day of the year, a one-of-a-kind combination of astrology and numerology presents an abundance of information, including personality profiles, illustrations, meditation suggestions, and more for each day.
Published (first published 1994)

Outliers by Malcolm GladwellMemories, Dreams, Reflections by C.G. JungMagic in the Ancient World by Fritz GrafHamlet's Mill by Giorgio De SantillanaThere Are No Accidents by Robert H. Hopcke
Non-Astrology for Astrologers
8th out of 25 books — 4 voters
The Giver by Lois LowryNight by Elie WieselRomeo and Juliet by William ShakespeareThe Two Towers by J.R.R. TolkienHoly Bible by Anonymous
Awesome books!!!!
156th out of 272 books — 52 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathy
Although it is an enormous tome, this is the most shoplifted book at our shop (and at a local restaurant, which liked to have it on hand for customer enjoyment). To my mind it is in no real way a book of astrology (but then I am a persnickety and opinionated astrologer) but a neat sort of parlor game book. Of course, I didn't agree with the assessment of my birthday (Sept 30). But I must say every other family member, whose days seemed pretty accurate, stared at me and couldn't believe I couldn'...more
Angie McCrae
Recommended by a friend, this is one of the most read books that I own. If you're into astrology (or even have a mild interest in it), this is a must read if not must own book. Comprised of each day of the year, it gives an insightful and detailed personality assessment of persons born on that particular day. Whenever I learn of someone's birthday, I look it up to see what it says about them, and for the most part I've found that the traits outlined in the book are pretty much spot-on with the p...more
Molly
I love astrology, so I checked this book out and it's really neat
Alpha
"Out of all the books in the three I respect by Goldschneider, I love the Secret Language of Birthdays a little more since it appeals to everyone compared to just a few. Destiny is something everyone pursues but it is a general description given without any details to the person and as for relationships, well relationships are different among everyone and so the general is for a general understanding how two people will mesh.

Now this book is a complete and intricate detail of a person by the day...more
Kit★
Mar 14, 2013 Kit★ marked it as wishlist-want-it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I remember checking this book out from the library a bunch of times when I was a teen, and have wanted it ever since. I have the second one, The Secret Language of Relationships, but didn't find it nearly as 'accurate' in describing myself or people I know, or our relationships, so I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as this one. Would like to read this one again now that I'm older, and see how I interpret it now.
This will hurt my credibility, but...it's eerily accurate, I tell you!
Angelica
I 1st came across this book in the mid 90s at a library and was jaw dropped over the accuracy of my birthday. I brought it to work and everyone else was just a gobsmacked over their birthday readings. Only one woman didn't agree about her's but everyone in our department agreed that it was completely accurate, she just wasn't too keen on the realization of the negative bits of her nature.

The author has a very useful website companion to this book as well, I came across it while researching the...more
Gun Lippert
Jan 04, 2013 Gun Lippert marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
All the books i added today i got for a dollar a piece!
They are everything down from this spot on, on my "to read list..

Also got Frannie 6 F Paul Wilson books (her current passion)..
and a coupla bonus vampire books.

i GOTTA tell you guys about this "Birthdays" book..
It assigns a title to each day of the year.

Just so tired tonight, i'll tell you about it tomorrow.
My brain is toast.

Taryn Hipwell
Apr 03, 2008 Taryn Hipwell rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Taryn by: Found it one night when I was on a date, seems the book was righ
I've read this book several times on an as needed basis. Sometimes I feel a little bit off, and it has pointed out my flaws and fabulous traits. It also helps me to figure out why other people do what they do.

Sometimes it's too on the nose and freaks me out. But I just finally bought a copy for myself. And strangely it's like a mini-psyochological analysis page on everyone I know.
Lynn Wilson
This book is remarkable.
As an astrologer I generally dismiss people who emphasize sun signs, but the authors have somehow managed to compile a list of very accurate descriptions about people based on one piece of information - their date of birth. It's wonderful fun, and can be very helpful in understanding friends, children, family members, employees, spouses and significant others.
Hanna Lee Reehl
This is incredibly creepy, but informative at the same time -- definitely read this or at least skim through it if if you get the chance. For the vast majority of the people I know personally, the descriptions provided for their birth date are essentially a complete analysis of their character.
Jen Rainwater
It's scarily right on on all the birthdays I checked! Pretty much done with the main ones I am interested in but might check out a few more! It's so accurate and usually while I am into astrology I usually take it with a grain of salt, saying that this book is extremely cool!!
Bearclaw
A wonderful book that can have a profound impact on some and just cheap entertainment to others. I lay in between, and believe this book is a must have for everybody. Great to read anybodys birthdya and I have all my friends to sign their names on their page.
Andrée
An in-depth analysis of birth dates and what they mean for each individual. Compiled from common personality traits shared by people born on the same day of the year, this personality analysis is freakishly accurate.
Bonnie Randall
Fascinating & illuminating ~ wonderful fodder for any novelist and certainly intriguing for anyone trying to understand the people sprinkled all over their lives.
Kat Czar
If you believe in astrology - or not .....this is a cool book - insightful!
Michelle
This book is awesomely good fun! Surprisingly accurate for everyone I know, except me, well not exactly. I'm going to do a silly anecdotal study of people with my birthday to see if their life stories and character traits match mine. This should be fun because some really interesting people share the same birthday - Peter O'Toole, Myrna Loy, James Baldwin, Carroll O' Connor, to name a few.
Insertnamehere
Since it has thusfar been accurate for everyone I tested it on, I've been using it to pick out birthdates for my original characters based on their personalities. It's a fun writer's block activity. I wasn't yet sure if I believed in astrology when I first bought the book, but this made up my mind.
Stephonee
Amazingly informative, accurate & easy to understand for those who don't know much about Astrology. This is one of my most useful pieces of Astrological literature. Please keep an open mind and enjoy.
Wendy
A entertaining coffee table book, one that could be fun at party; photocopy the descriptions that correspond to your friends' birthdays, remove the dates, then play mix and match, trying to guess whose profile best fits each person in the room, focusing only on the positive traits, though!

Having read the profiles for close friends and family members, however, it seems somewhat uncanny that each profile seems distinct for each individual. I'm not a believer in astrology/horoscopes in general, but...more
Rosemary
i found this book fascinating....from a scientific standpoint, there were enough involved in the study that its not just "random" - and I found it interesting that parts of it hit me totally, while other parts didn't (I am going to go look it up now) - and i looked up my XBF and several of my friends and family members when i got it as well.

Anyone who is interested in astrology and new age "stuff" will find themselves fascinated.

interestingly enough...i had this book, or a version, in my early...more
Angel_flores
It's more of a study book. Filled with tons of information I personally love it and got myself a hard copy.
Teejay
Given the subject matter of this book, I feel it necessary to address my rating.

I rated this a 5 not because of its astrological content, but its absolutely fantastic value as a conversation piece and a (giant) coffee table book.
Jill
Sep 14, 2007 Jill rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: anyone
This book is chalked full of information on astrology, human life and nature. It's basis is personology and within these 832 pages is record of everyone's birthday and the similarities that are found for those born on the same day. I found my birth day personality profile to be very accurate, and I'm in good company with Segmund Freud, Rudolph Valentino and Willie Mays. Even if you don't buy into the theory of how the universe, seasons and the Grand Cycle of Life forms who you are, it's fun to r...more
Lauren
I have had this book for years and every once in awhile I reference back to it. It is at time astounding as to how accurate it can be! I have everyone in my family bookmarked on their day of birth and almost everyone's description is at least somewhat accurate while others are dead on. I am not one to take full stock in horoscopes but I still find this book to be highly enjoyable and an interesting way of getting to know family and friends or even yourself in a different sort of light.
Jan 08, 2012 Jennifer rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Everyone
This book is SO cool. It's definitely one of the most used/read books that I own. It's really fun to bring into work, or to have out at a party!! It breaks out your astrological description of YOU, and each day of the year is different. It's amazing (and scary) at how truly spot-on most of these descriptions are! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book - and I love sharing it, and watching my friends amazement when they read :)
Shanehi
I'm not thattt into astrology, but I do like this book a lot. I've only flipped through it a few times, but I do have to say that of all the horoscope stuff that's out there, this seems to be the one that's most applicable to me (although not 100% accurate or anything like that. And it's not one of those things where all of the pages apply to everyone because I looked at other pages, and they were not nearly as accurate.
Barbara Slaugh
It's actually kinda creepy how accurate it is. I looked up my birthday and the day I was supposed to be born (I was about two weeks early) and the two of them together pin me down almost exactly. True, a few parts are off, but I can see how they could be true for me, were circumstances a bit different. It's probably not true for everybody, but it's scarily true for me and some of the people I know.
Chanti
The most amazing Astrology book I've EVER read! Amazing amazing amazing. I was so impressed that I photocopied about 60 pages of this book (birthdays of close friends) and sent the information to them so that they should share in the marvels of this book. Seriously - if you are an Astrology freak, you NEED TO GET YOUR HANDS ON THIS BOOK!
Marisa
I was completely amazed that this book could really pinpoint my personalityso well, but that it could also give me facts about what I need to work on in my life.At some points it was just like hitting the nail with a hammer especially when it talked about my family members.
  • The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need
  • The New Astrology: A Unique Synthesis Of The World's Two Great Astrological Systems: The Chinese & Western
  • Parker's Astrology: The Definitive Guide to Using Astrology in Every Aspect of Your Life (New Edition)
  • Born on a Rotten Day: Illuminating and Coping with the Dark Side of the Zodiac
  • The Power of Birthdays, Stars & Numbers: The Complete Personology Reference Guide
  • Linda Goodman's Love Signs: A New Approach to the Human Heart
  • Darkside Zodiac
  • Astrology for the Soul
  • Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes
  • Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic
  • The Encyclopedia of Witches and Witchcraft
  • Pictorial Key to the Tarot
  • The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells: The Ultimate Reference Book for the Magical Arts
  • Halloween: Spells, Recipes & Customs
  • The Book of Questions
  • All About Me
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Birthdays
  • Signs, Symbols & Omens: An Illustrated Guide to Magical & Spiritual Symbolism
Gary began his extensive career in the public eye with weekly performances on WCAU radio’s Children’s Hour at the tender age of two. Reciting Keats, Shelley, Wordsworth and other famous poets, he later did scripts and commercials which laid the foundation for public speaking and college lecturing later in life.

At seven, he began his piano study with David Sokoloff in Philadelphia. As a concert pi...more
More about Gary Goldschneider...
The Secret Language of Relationships: Your Complete Personology Guide to Any Relationship with Anyone The Secret Language of Destiny Personology Gary Goldschneider's Everyday Astrology Secret Language of Birthdays Relationship Workbook and Birthday Keeper