Start by marking “That's Not My Puppy...” as Want to Read:
That's Not My Puppy...

That's Not My Puppy...

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  452 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
The series of board books is aimed at the very young child. The colorful pictures, and patches of different textures offer a delightful sensory experience . Babies and toddlers will love turning the pages and touching the feely bits.
Board Book, 10 pages
Published June 1st 2009 by Usborne Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about That's Not My Puppy..., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That's Not My Puppy...

Redfae
Nov 07, 2014 Redfae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: toddler-books
My friend used these books for her three children (1 boy and 2 twin girls). Then she passed them on for my son to enjoy.

He loves them we have the lion, kitten and puppy one.

The feely pages not only make the story interactive but it also makes the pages easier to open. My son will often play with his books, opening the pages and feeling the part that has a different texture. We have one of these as a first story to settle down before bed. He also often reaches for them during the day to explore
Kristina
My son loves the That's Not My books, so they have his vote for sure. I like that they are super easy for reading to baby, but I wish they had far more textures - on the shiny or slippery ones, for example, I feel a little cheated because there's nothing to feel.
Pooch Parsons
Apr 24, 2014 Pooch Parsons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Reading this book to little kids who are just learning how to talk is priceless. Especially when they get turbo excited and read it back to you as they touch all the textures!
Aoife
Oct 16, 2013 Aoife rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little charming mouse searches for her puppy through the twelve pages of this board book. The texture and charm makes it very popular. The pictures captivate children of all ages, even when very tiny. As the child grows they can begin to enjoy the story itself and the use of repetition and structure make these the perfect literary introduction for toddlers. It has beautiful colourful drawings, and each page has a textured patch. There is just one simple sentence on each page and the text teach ...more
Paul
Feb 01, 2016 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: baby-books
Interesting book. My son really loved it. The different materials are good for touching and developing a child's senses. A good read.
Opticalillusion
Jul 30, 2015 Opticalillusion rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've recently started reading with my little girl and these are bright and colourful so attract her attention.
Melissa
El really likes these touch-and-feel books, and anything associated with dogs, so this was a winner.
Kristin
Mar 28, 2008 Kristin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We bought this for our youngest child when he was still an infant. Originally we couldn't figure why he didn't like the textures and would pull away each time we had him touch them. After an autism diagnosis at age two, this suddenly all made sense. One year later I am happy to say these Touch Feely Books played a large part in early intervention therapy. Now, not only does our son touch them - he can recite the story!!! These are really sweet books for any infant and toddler, but we ended up fi ...more
Roo
Feb 05, 2015 Roo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Roo likes touching the different textured puppy parts
Risapopelka
Jun 26, 2014 Risapopelka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a page turner. Which puppy is YOUR puppy!?

But it in seriousness, this is my kid's favorite book. He loves the thick pages and the textures of each puppy. He always touches the squashy nose (he is 14 months old) He also has That's Not My Penguin and That's Not My Bunny but this is his favorite.

Date I finished this book: I have been reading it every day since May 2013.

Spoiler alert: It is the last puppy (squashy nose)
Leonie
Jul 12, 2014 Leonie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I inherited some of these books from a friend when my baby was born. She had enjoyed them with her son and thought I might like them for my daughter. At almost 10 months old my little girl is starting to more actively explore the world and it seems like the right time to introduce these lovely books with their textured insets to her.
Michelle
Aug 04, 2011 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
I could add the entire series of That's Not My... to my list of books. My little boy LOVES them. They are built to last and I just find them adorable. I can't wait to have a little girl so I can get That's Not My Mermaid!!
Zoe
Jan 28, 2011 Zoe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We have two puppies, so we love to read this book. And now that I'm 7 months old, I can pat the hairy dogs on the pages all by myself. Also, there's a little mouse on each page and it's fun to find where he is!
Amie
Oct 04, 2010 Amie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book that my 3 year old learned to "read". Now, she wasn't actually reading it, but she had MEMORIZED it! But you couldn't have told her she wasn't reading it.... she KNEW she was reading it! =)
Jamie
Dec 12, 2012 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-book
Really good touch and feel board book. Great for toddlers. Different textures in this book than I've seen in most touch and feel books (but it has been awhile since I've read too many touch and feel books).
Rebekah Kincheloe
This book is great on size and texture for babies. It's very cute and there are many to choose from in the series. The illustration is colorful and the books are educational.
Kelsey Scherer
As stated before, this series is the favorite amoung the toddlers at my work. A fun and simple set of books that interacts with kid's senses which makes the books a lot of fun.
Hope4flowers
At 19 months, Henry likes touching the different textures in this book. His favorite is the dog with the shaggy ears. It makes him crack up and he pulls the book up to his face
Oliver
Sep 10, 2011 Oliver rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First favorite book. At 3 months, Oliver loved to stare at the brightly colored pages and touch the fur on the cover. By a year, this book was falling apart completely.
Andrea
Dec 28, 2007 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: babies
This book has great sensory words and is great for babies. Also, the touchy-feely pages help interest children in books. Look for the mouse on each page.
Dolly
Oct 06, 2008 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading to their little ones
Shelves: childrens, 2008, pets
A cute touchy-feely book that explores textures of dogs and how you can recognize your own puppy. A bit young for our girls, but they liked it anyway.
Elizabeth Ditty
Short & sweet (good for those future "Mom, read me 18 books!" nights). Pippin currently likes the textures on the different pages, which is cute.
Modboy
Kids really do like these simple books. We have the That's not my puppy/robot and/moster... books. They're pretty much interchangeable.
Mireille
Aug 21, 2012 Mireille rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J'aime beaucoup cette collection et bébé aussi. Les deux dernières pages (la langue rugueuse et le bedon doux) ont beaucoup de succès.
Shanna
Apr 14, 2009 Shanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rowans first book- great for a nine month old, he loves to touch all the pages and read it over and over again. cute and simple
Meredith
Mar 05, 2008 Meredith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tobin-s-books
This was one of the first books he enjoyed looking at and feeling. We have the bunny version as well, which is just as good.
Tania
Jan 15, 2012 Tania rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this series. The kids enjoy it. It's the perfect length for babies, toddlers, or preschoolers. I love it!
Jaimi
Apr 29, 2008 Jaimi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 1 year old daughter loves this book! It's a fun touchy-feely book that is great for home, church, or the car.
Kate B
Jun 02, 2015 Kate B rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books are all much the same, but my kids just couldn't get enough of them when they were small.
Jocelin
Jan 06, 2013 Jocelin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another cute addition to the "That's Not My" series. It is so sweet and simple. Great 1st baby book.
  • Yawn
  • Baby Animals
  • Spot Goes to School (color)
  • Mirror Me!: A Mirror Book (Baby Einstein)
  • Baby Happy Baby Sad
  • My First Signs
  • Little Miss Tiny
  • Hands Can
  • Swing!: A Scanimation Picture Book
Fiona Watt graduated from Exeter University with a B.Ed. (Hons.), specialising in Psychology and Art and Design. After university she worked as a researcher and writer for a company which published educational material for places where children went on school visits (zoos, museums, stately homes etc). She then taught seven, eight, and nine year olds for five years; three years at a state school in ...more
More about Fiona Watt...