Start by marking “Devonshire (Richard and Rose, #2)” as Want to Read:
Devonshire (Richard and Rose, #2)

Devonshire (Richard and Rose #2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Published December 1st 2009 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Devonshire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devonshire

Ridley
Richard and Rose are back, a few months after the events of Yorkshire and shortly before their upcoming wedding.

Devonshire takes place at Rose's childhood home, which she shares with her brother James, a newly inherited earl, their other half-siblings, his wife and their children. It's a full house, but Connolly manages to weave them into the story enough to show a large, close family dynamic but not overwhelm with a confusing cast of characters. The major players in this drama remain Richard an
Tina
In the aftermath of events from the first book of the series Yorkshire, Richard and Rose are eagerly anticipating their wedding day. They are deeply in love and Rose has returned to Devonshire with her family to plan the day.

Unable to be away from Rose for too long, Richard and Gervase descend on Devonshire in all of their town sophisticated fabulousness much to delight of the people of the Town.

But all is not sweetness and light. Since they are so close to the coast Devonshire has sees it's sh
Miz Love
Lynne Connolly has penned yet another fantastic tale in the Richard and Rose series. Devonshire is a dream of a read where I was lost in the past from the first word. There is also tension—absolutely brilliant tension—that had me on the edge of my seat and biting my nails.

Rose and Richard’s relationship blossoms further in book 2, where we get to see them learning more about one another. Their love in book 1 is very apparent, and book 2 highlights their growing passion. They have a love that, I’
Ana T.
A wedding... or a funeral? Rose Golighty and Lord Richard Strang anticipate their long-awaited wedding. But dark whispers reach Richard's ears of smugglers threatening the county's peace. Events escalate until Rose's life is threatened. Richard knows he must act to save her and her friends from disaster. Even if his bride has to trade her wedding gown for widow's weeds.

Devonshire is the second book of the Richard and Rose series. We meet them again as they prepare for their wedding. However not
Dee
Two-haiku review:

Prepping for wedding
Richard and Rose are in love
Threatened by smugglers

Dangers of the times
Must take law into own hands
Suspense and romance
Mey Buentipo
I liked this 2nd book. Although still there are parts that are dragging. Still I am hooked on this series. I hope it will be better and better.
Amanda
I LOVE these books. I cannot wait to read the next one. Great writing, awesome characters, and an epic love.
Kaetrin
I liked this book better than the first one. I hope the author goes easy on Rose in the next book though!
Lynn Calvin
Fictionwise multiformat ebook
arjun
arjun added it
May 21, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
ZiggyF
ZiggyF marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
KC
KC marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Practice to Deceive (The Golden Chronicles, #1)
  • Lady Of Sherwood
  • Fire Song (Siren Song, #3)
  • A Lady's Secret (Malloren, #8)
  • The Changeling Bride (Timeswept) (Heartspell)
  • One Good Turn (Nesbitt, #2)
  • Dangerous Obsession
  • What the Heart Sees
  • Moving in Rhythm
  • Lady of Valor (Warrior Trilogy, #3)
  • The Cup of Ghosts (Mathilde of Westminster, #1)
  • No Dark Place (Medieval Mystery, #1)
  • Delicious
  • Lady Of Fire (Fire, #1)
  • Lady Gallant (European Renaissance Duo, #1) (Ladies, #1)
  • Scandal at Dawn (Regency Rhapsody, #1)
  • Beyond Breathless (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #297)
  • Shadows on the Aegean (Time Travel, #2)
I was born in Leicester, England, and lived in our cobbler’s shop with my parents and sister. It was an old house and most definitely haunted, but I didn’t find out until I left that my great uncle had hung himself in the living room! But I think our ghost might have been older than that. It was built on the site of the old Roman cemetery, and the land had been constantly inhabited, being in the c ...more
More about Lynne Connolly...

Richard and Rose (10 books)
  • Yorkshire (Richard and Rose, #1)
  • Venice (Richard and Rose, #3)
  • Harley Street (Richard and Rose, #4)
  • Eyton (Richard and Rose, #5)
  • Hareton Hall (Richard and Rose, #6)
  • Maiden Lane (Richard and Rose, #7)
  • Lisbon (Richard and Rose, #8)
  • Richard and Rose
  • Barbara's Wedding (Richard and Rose)
Sunfire (Pure Wildfire, #1) Yorkshire (Richard and Rose, #1) Seychelles Sunset (Cougar Challenge #2.5) Venice (Richard and Rose, #3) Icefire (Pure Wildfire, #2)