Start by marking “Devonshire (Richard and Rose, #2)” as Want to Read:
Devonshire (Richard and Rose, #2)

Devonshire (Richard and Rose #2)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Now that she's engaged to Richard, one of the most admired-and passionate-men in society, shy, awkward Rose Golightly can hold her head high. Behind Richard's aloof, sophisticated facade lies a man of shrewd intelligence, fierce loyalty, and deep devotion to those he loves. He'll fight fair when necessary, dirty when cornered.

Rose's childhood friend has made a stand again
Published December 1st 2009 by Samhain Publishing (first published January 2nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Devonshire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devonshire

Ridley
Richard and Rose are back, a few months after the events of Yorkshire and shortly before their upcoming wedding.

Devonshire takes place at Rose's childhood home, which she shares with her brother James, a newly inherited earl, their other half-siblings, his wife and their children. It's a full house, but Connolly manages to weave them into the story enough to show a large, close family dynamic but not overwhelm with a confusing cast of characters. The major players in this drama remain Richard an
Tina
In the aftermath of events from the first book of the series Yorkshire, Richard and Rose are eagerly anticipating their wedding day. They are deeply in love and Rose has returned to Devonshire with her family to plan the day.

Unable to be away from Rose for too long, Richard and Gervase descend on Devonshire in all of their town sophisticated fabulousness much to delight of the people of the Town.

But all is not sweetness and light. Since they are so close to the coast Devonshire has sees it's sh
Miz Love
Lynne Connolly has penned yet another fantastic tale in the Richard and Rose series. Devonshire is a dream of a read where I was lost in the past from the first word. There is also tension—absolutely brilliant tension—that had me on the edge of my seat and biting my nails.

Rose and Richard’s relationship blossoms further in book 2, where we get to see them learning more about one another. Their love in book 1 is very apparent, and book 2 highlights their growing passion. They have a love that, I’
Ana T.
A wedding... or a funeral? Rose Golighty and Lord Richard Strang anticipate their long-awaited wedding. But dark whispers reach Richard's ears of smugglers threatening the county's peace. Events escalate until Rose's life is threatened. Richard knows he must act to save her and her friends from disaster. Even if his bride has to trade her wedding gown for widow's weeds.

Devonshire is the second book of the Richard and Rose series. We meet them again as they prepare for their wedding. However not
Dee
Two-haiku review:

Prepping for wedding
Richard and Rose are in love
Threatened by smugglers

Dangers of the times
Must take law into own hands
Suspense and romance
Mey Buentipo
I liked this 2nd book. Although still there are parts that are dragging. Still I am hooked on this series. I hope it will be better and better.
Amanda
I LOVE these books. I cannot wait to read the next one. Great writing, awesome characters, and an epic love.
Kaetrin
I liked this book better than the first one. I hope the author goes easy on Rose in the next book though!
Lynn Calvin
Fictionwise multiformat ebook
Miza Peters
Miza Peters marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Oct 02, 2014
Marta
Marta marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Fire Song (Siren Song, #3)
  • Lady Of Fire (Fire, #1)
  • Practice to Deceive (The Golden Chronicles, #1)
  • A Lady's Secret (Malloren, #8)
  • Lady Of Sherwood
  • The Duke's Wager (Bessacarr, #1)
  • One Good Turn (Nesbitt, #2)
  • Davin's Quest (Resonance Mates, #2)
  • Love Is Blind (Regency Rhapsody, #1)
  • The Changeling Bride (Timeswept) (Heartspell)
  • Amidst a Crowd of Stars
  • My Reckless Heart (Thorne Brothers, #2)
  • Shadows on the Aegean (Time Travel, #2)
  • What the Heart Sees
  • His Lordship's Mistress
  • Lady of Valor (Warrior Trilogy, #3)
  • Lady Gallant (European Renaissance Duo, #1) (Ladies, #1)
  • Upon a Moon-Dark Moor
I was born in Leicester, England, and lived in our cobbler’s shop with my parents and sister. It was an old house and most definitely haunted, but I didn’t find out until I left that my great uncle had hung himself in the living room! But I think our ghost might have been older than that. It was built on the site of the old Roman cemetery, and the land had been constantly inhabited, being in the c ...more
More about Lynne Connolly...
Sunfire (Pure Wildfire, #1) Yorkshire (Richard and Rose, #1) Seychelles Sunset (Cougar Challenge #2.5) Venice (Richard and Rose, #3) Icefire (Pure Wildfire, #2)