Start by marking “Devonshire (Richard and Rose, #2)” as Want to Read:
Devonshire (Richard and Rose, #2)

Devonshire (Richard and Rose #2)

Published December 1st 2009 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Devonshire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devonshire

Ridley
Richard and Rose are back, a few months after the events of Yorkshire and shortly before their upcoming wedding.

Devonshire takes place at Rose's childhood home, which she shares with her brother James, a newly inherited earl, their other half-siblings, his wife and their children. It's a full house, but Connolly manages to weave them into the story enough to show a large, close family dynamic but not overwhelm with a confusing cast of characters. The major players in this drama remain Richard an
Tina
Sep 18, 2009 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the aftermath of events from the first book of the series Yorkshire, Richard and Rose are eagerly anticipating their wedding day. They are deeply in love and Rose has returned to Devonshire with her family to plan the day.

Unable to be away from Rose for too long, Richard and Gervase descend on Devonshire in all of their town sophisticated fabulousness much to delight of the people of the Town.

But all is not sweetness and light. Since they are so close to the coast Devonshire has sees it's sh
Ana T.
A wedding... or a funeral? Rose Golighty and Lord Richard Strang anticipate their long-awaited wedding. But dark whispers reach Richard's ears of smugglers threatening the county's peace. Events escalate until Rose's life is threatened. Richard knows he must act to save her and her friends from disaster. Even if his bride has to trade her wedding gown for widow's weeds.

Devonshire is the second book of the Richard and Rose series. We meet them again as they prepare for their wedding. However not
Miz Love
May 17, 2011 Miz Love rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lynne Connolly has penned yet another fantastic tale in the Richard and Rose series. Devonshire is a dream of a read where I was lost in the past from the first word. There is also tension—absolutely brilliant tension—that had me on the edge of my seat and biting my nails.

Rose and Richard’s relationship blossoms further in book 2, where we get to see them learning more about one another. Their love in book 1 is very apparent, and book 2 highlights their growing passion. They have a love that, I’
Faithlynn
i have very mixed feelings about this book. On the one hand the main plot of the book didn't really interest at all and the climax was just a let down. On the other hand i really loved seeing Rose and Richard growing closer together and how their relationship developed over the course of the book.
Amanda
Jun 15, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE these books. I cannot wait to read the next one. Great writing, awesome characters, and an epic love.
Mey Buentipo
I liked this 2nd book. Although still there are parts that are dragging. Still I am hooked on this series. I hope it will be better and better.
Dee
Aug 15, 2012 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, historical
Two-haiku review:

Prepping for wedding
Richard and Rose are in love
Threatened by smugglers

Dangers of the times
Must take law into own hands
Suspense and romance
Kaetrin
Nov 07, 2010 Kaetrin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
I liked this book better than the first one. I hope the author goes easy on Rose in the next book though!
Lesley
Lesley rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2015
Earl
Earl rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2013
Denise
Denise rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2011
Nikki Rawson
Nikki Rawson rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2011
Ellen
Ellen rated it really liked it
May 07, 2012
Kenterol
Kenterol rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2016
Araceli
Araceli rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2014
Melinda
Melinda rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2011
MLB
MLB rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2014
Elaine Cottle
Elaine Cottle rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2012
Gillian
Gillian rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2014
Sherri Gore
Sherri Gore rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2015
Jess
Jess rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2014
Paula
Paula rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2017
Dreamer74
Dreamer74 rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2014
Sobia
Sobia rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2010
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2010
Misericordia ❣
Misericordia ❣ rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2012
Xephon
Xephon rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2012
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Lady Of Sherwood
  • Practice to Deceive (The Golden Chronicles, #1)
  • No Dark Place (Medieval Mystery, #1)
  • One Good Turn (Nesbitt, #2)
  • Fire Song (Siren Song, #3)
  • A Man To Slay Dragons
  • Beyond Breathless (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #297)
  • My Reckless Heart (Thorne Brothers, #2)
  • The Changeling Bride (Timeswept) (Heartspell)
  • A Lady's Secret (Malloren, #8)
  • Shadows on the Aegean (Time Travel, #2)
  • Lady of Valor (Warrior, #3)
  • Lady Gallant (European Renaissance Duo, #1; Ladies, #1)
  • Lady Of Fire (Fire, #1)
  • Lessons in French
  • Liaden Universe Constellation: Volume III
  • Moving in Rhythm
  • To Love a Dark Lord
I was born in Leicester, England, and lived in our cobbler’s shop with my parents and sister. It was an old house and most definitely haunted, but I didn’t find out until I left that my great uncle had hung himself in the living room! But I think our ghost might have been older than that. It was built on the site of the old Roman cemetery, and the land had been constantly inhabited, being in the c ...more
More about Lynne Connolly...

Richard and Rose (10 books)
  • Yorkshire (Richard and Rose, #1)
  • Venice (Richard and Rose, #3)
  • Harley Street (Richard and Rose, #4)
  • Eyton (Richard and Rose, #5)
  • Hareton Hall (Richard and Rose, #6)
  • Maiden Lane (Richard and Rose, #7)
  • Lisbon (Richard and Rose, #8)
  • Richard and Rose
  • Barbara's Wedding (Richard and Rose)